PDA

View Full Version : How long to get to Poly from Universal

bobpfef
01-06-2008, 11:44 AM
We are planning on spending a few days visiting Universal Studios during our upcoming trip. We are planning on coming back to eat at Ohanas and Spoodles, but I am not sure when to make our ADRs for. How long should I plan on driving from Universal back to Disney. How long does it take to get out of Universal at closing. We'll be going in Jan so it hopefully shouldn't be too busy. The closing time of Universal will be 6pm, should we make the ADRs for 7:30 or more like 8:00 or even 8:30?

faline
01-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Depending on traffic, it should take no more than 1/2 hour to drive from Universal to the Poly. If you are leaving the park at 6 and you have parked in the Universal parking lot, allow 1/2 hour to get from the park to your vehicle. I'd say, with a 6:00 p.m. closing time, you should have no difficulty making it to a 7:30 p.m. ADR at the Poly.

bobpfef
01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks!:thumbsup:

irish1967
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I would definitely be generous with your time allotment. You'll be leaving Universal with everyone else who waits until it closes. Also, Orlando is a city and as such has a rush hour (I tend to forget that on Disney property) We were often wrong when estimating how long it would take to get to Disney property last summer when we stayed off site.