PDA

View Full Version : magical express

Disney-Nut
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Has anyone gone out of logan airport using the disney magical express if so where do i drop my luggage offand or what else should i do before i get to logan??????
I already got my luggage tags

Jillpie
01-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure if you are understanding Mag. Express. It does not operate out of Logan, it operates out of MCO (Orlando International). About a month before your trip, you will receive yellow stickers that you will put on your luggage before you leave for Logan. You will check in there as usual and give your luggage away to be checked. You will not see your luggage again until you walk into your hotel room. Its really as simple as that. When you get to MCO, you'll check into the Mag. Express desk, and they will direct you to the resort bus you need to be on. Very easy!

CleveRocks
01-06-2008, 08:44 AM
No one at Logan has any idea what Disney's Magical Express is, and they don't need to. DME exists ONLY in Orlando.

You wll get special tags to put on each checked suitcase. When the luggage is off-loaded from the planes, employees at MCO (Orlando Int'l Airport) pull these specially-tagged bags away from the rest of the bags. The DME-tagged bags are sent to a Disney luggage sorting facility at the airport, and from there are loaded onto trucks and delivered to the resorts. The bar codes on the tags are scanned 5 separate times from off-loading to the inside of your room.

So you just check your bags with your airline just like for any other flight. If you ask anyone from your airline or at the airport about DME, expect blank stares, because they'll have no clue what you're talking about. They have no cares about who you arrange to pick up your luggage for you 1,000 miles away. If your Aunt Glenda lives in Florida and she offers to get your bags for you, people at Logan wouldn't need to know that, either. Same thing.

Please post again with any additional questions about how DME works!

Disney-Nut
01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
O.K. now I get it thank you very much. I thought i was to check in at a certain desk or something at logan. OOPs

PetefromRI
01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't feel dumb about asking these questions because we all know how confusing it can be.After a few trips back and forth to Disney you'll soon become a pro.I still learn things everytime we go and I've been 8 or 9 times.I guess I'll just have to keep going back until I know everything.;)

Disney-Nut
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Ive been several times actually :) I just got back saturday and used the magical express and just wanted to say that was so awesome to use cant wait to go again