PDA

View Full Version : How to convert package tickets to annual passes?

kakn7294
01-05-2008, 04:36 PM
If for some reason Disney offers a really great deal on a package for the time we are traveling, and I purchase this package with a single day base ticket, how does that ticket then convert to an annual pass? Can I just take my Key to the World cards to Guest Services at any park and tell them I want annual passes instead or am I stuck with that single day ticket? We really want to get AP's for this upcoming trip so we can use them the following year as well. BTW, the only scenario that I can think of where this would be of any value to me is free dining - I don't think it will be offered during my travel dates, but you never know!

CleveRocks
01-05-2008, 04:49 PM
You are correct, go to any park (even the water parks!) or the Guest Relations center at Downtown Disney. The resort hotels cannot process anything related to APs.

sassafras
01-05-2008, 05:17 PM
We had purchased APs in May 07 and had 1 day passes still from a package a couple of years before. We were told to go to a ticket window when we got there. After we picked up our APs at the ticket window at the International Gateway, we were sent to another window there where we spoke to a nice young man who credited the one-day passes back to our credit card. I was skeptical if we really would get the credit, but when I checked the cc bill the next month, sure enough it was there!

Fangorn
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
We've done this a couple of times, the most recent being last September when we took advantage of the free dining promotion. We booked 9 nights but only a 1 day pass for each of us. After we had checked in, we went to the Guest Relations window at Epcot and bought APs. They took our room keys, removed the 1 day pass from them and then deducted that amount from the cost of the AP. Very simple, no hassle at all.

You can do it at Guest Relations at any of the parks or at Downtown Disney. There's never been a line at Downtown Disney when we've gone there.

Steve

princessjojo
01-05-2008, 06:31 PM
This is really interesting to hear! I hadn't thought that deep into it before, but had wanted to go for the free dining one year, but with DVC I was considering an AP this spring when we go. But now I may have to reconsider and book a regular/studio, blah blah and then transfer the 1 day pass to an AP... Hummmm...just something else to add to my thinking and planning for the next trip after the next...