PDA

View Full Version : Golfing at WDW

tony2979
01-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Can't believe that my wife is going to let me, but I will be bringing the clubs for our trip in the fall!

Obviously Disney has some world class golf courses, but has anyone played some of them and have any suggestions for me? Of course I want to play at Magnolia where the pros play, but is it tougher getting tee times than the others? Which do you think is the most sceneic, etc?

I'm super excited. Didn't think anything could make a Disney vacation better, but no doubt this will!!!

Strmchsr
01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Go here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/golf/default.asp) to see the whole section on golfing at Disney in Info Central.

It depends on the time of year as to the difficulty in getting tee times. Certainly Magnolia is very popular, but all of the courses are gorgeous and a lot of fun to play.

ginger19
01-06-2008, 05:37 PM
My DH just golfed at Disney for the first time this past fall. He really enjoyed it. He was on the Magnolia course and said it was great. We are going for our anniversary in 2 weeks and are taking a lesson each, golfing oak trail, osprey ridge and palm. If you are staying on property, disney will pay for a taxi to the course and you can book up to 90 days ahead. You can book tee times online but I have had trouble just about every time I have tried that. There are discounts for military and AP but you can't book those as far out.
I can't wait to try it. I have only just started golfing now that the babies are a little older and it will be fun to try something other than our local country club.
enjoy :mickey:

CleveSJM
01-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I've played the Lake Buena Vista course and loved it. It was were the pro's played in the 80's and most of the 90's. I don't think it is as crowded and it winds through some interesting areas. A couple holes, including and island green are inside the Old Key West resort area. A couple holes are by the Port Orleans resort area and a few more are by the old treehouse villas. Playing the LBV course is about the only way to get close to that ol' Disney history.

Any course you pick, you'll have a great time.

BMan62
01-06-2008, 07:34 PM
What if you are a hacker, like myself?? Are there rangers to try and speed up play? I can generally get around a course in 100 strokes, but in marching order - left, right, left... (actually more like right, right, right...):blush:

CleveSJM
01-07-2008, 06:05 AM
What if you are a hacker, like myself?? Are there rangers to try and speed up play? I can generally get around a course in 100 strokes, but in marching order - left, right, left... (actually more like right, right, right...):blush:

It's definitely resort golf. Expect at least a 5 hour round. As long as you can keep a 5 hour pace, you'll be fine. Lots of different skill levels out there. A slow group will get there own ranger to tag along and try to speed them up. They will help find balls, tell you when to let others play through, etc. Not too common but they will help. One suggestion is to not book a tee time before 9 or 10 in the morning if you'll need more time. The early tee times are best for the low handicappers.

ginger19
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I don't need a ranger to help me find my ball, it's usually not to far in front of me which is why it takes so long ;)
Poor ranger will never be the same after beign stuck with me!