PDA

View Full Version : Forgot something at home

DANAM
01-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Everyone forgets stuff at home and I never read about what people do to turn around there trips.
I am wondering what you forgot at home and thought your trip would be ruined because of it?
On our last trip we where driving and realized about 2 hours into our 10 hour drive we forgot the double stroller. By the time we entered the state of Florida I had excepted the fact that I would have to spend the $120+ bucks to rent one for the week when we got there. It turned out great because it is was easier to navigate Disney's strollers then our own personal stroller.
So for my other nightmare. On the same trip right after I rented the stroller and went to take the kids picture I noticed my camara was broken never to work again. I at this point was ready to pack it all up and go home. How could I take 2 kids to Disney and have no pictures. My husband suggested buying a disposible camara or even a new digital camara. At this point I didn't know what to do so I keep think I never read anything about broken or forgot camaras. I thought I had it all planned out so know what do I do. So I walked in to the Kodak shop at the end of Main street and priced disposible camaras. My husband sat outside with out 2 kids that we just drove 10 hours in the middle of the night and most of the day with. I walked out of the door with nothing and my husband said just buy a new digital camara. I thought there goes all my spending buget there is no way I can get a good price on a camara at Disney.
This the evening parade was starting in 30 min and I knew we needed to get down main street before this parade starts and begin our vacation I went in and did the unthinkable bought a DIGITAl CAMARA at disney.
I have to say this was by far my BEST DISNEY PURCHASE EVER!!! Trip saved. I spend about $180 for a Kodak easy share camara. Better than the one I can with. Since I already had an easy share all my accesories went with it batteries, memory card, ect. When I got home I was already in love with the camara it was faster then the other one I had but something inside me wanted to know did I pay to much. Come to find out no. I may have sent $20 or $30 more than what I could get it for at home. Just because at home I would have watch the sale ads but it retails for the same price as everywhere else. So if you camara was broke or forgot don't feel bad about spending on a new one. You could always sell it on ebay when you got home.
Hopefully this info and all info posted here will help you if this ever happens on your trip. :minnie:

Madame Leona
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
One year my uncle forgot his suitcase. He was on his way down and realized he had put his family's suitcases in the car and checked them at the airport but his was still in the bedroom. He had to go buy two weeks worth of clothes, toiletries, underwear, socks, just everything.

DDuck66
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Last October my DW left all of her makeup and OTC pills in the bathroom at home. Thanks goodness for Wal-mart. We even got to purchase some WDW memorabilia at the wal-mart in Kissimmee. They carry a lot of disney stuff that I do not even see at the resorts.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
One day when we went to Epcot (we have passes and we live in Tampa, so it wasn't a huge deal) we got to the park and I realized I had left the stroller in my mom's car...lol I wasn't about to spend $10 or whatever on a stroller, and DD loves to walk anways, so we just strolled around World Showcase for the afternoon and evening.

She has never slept as well as she did that night...lol

irish1967
01-08-2008, 08:23 AM
This isn't really a "forgot" situation...

DS2 had almost completely graduated from baby food to table food so I only packed a few items "just in case."

He didn't like anything at any of the restaurants we went to during that trip. I spent more money on baby food in the Poly convenience store for baby food that trip than I care to even think about.

Had I not panicked, I would have realized that we did have a car and that we could have gone off-site to stock up.

Of course, now he loves the food at WDW and his career goal is to be a chef at WDW.

sillyolbear
01-08-2008, 09:10 AM
As a Christmas present, my wife and I took her parents to WDW. We knew the trip was ripe for disaster as my father in law tends present unique challenges and always has.

We decided that we would cover every detail right down to holding the boarding passes until we reached security at the airport. The last time two times he flew, he lost his boarding pass between the ticket counter and security. And no, he is not slipping into dementia--he's been like this his whole life.

We gave him one thing to be responsible for--bringing his diabetic supplies. We figured since it kept him alive and he has been diabetic for six years that wouldn't be a problem.

Big mistake.

The town car drops us off and we get to the room. Everyone is settling in when he asks where we put his diabetic kit. No test kit, no insulin, no needles.

The concierge was very helpful in sourcing a pharmacy that would deliver insulin, since we didn't have a car. But by Florida law, they can't deliver syringes. A taxi trip later, we are finally all set.

Truly a memorable trip!

KateMW
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Haven't been yet, but I would be very upset if I forgot my camera. I spent all this money last year on a wonderful fancy digital SLR and if I forgot it on this trip, I would be SO MAD!:mad: I couldn't go out and re-buy it either, because who needs two $800 cameras? LOL I would buy a point and shoot digi if I forgot it, but I would be bummed. I've been looking forward to going on a big vaca since I got it. Other things that would stink if I forgot them, but probably could be fixed...DH's Nexium. He can't eat without it. DD's coat/blankie. She will probably part with it before we leave next Fall, but right now if we forgot it, we'd be in trouble. Though, nothing a quick trip to the Disney Store for a stuffed animal couldn't fix, I hope.

Janmac
01-09-2008, 12:09 PM
One trip I forgot to transfer our dining money from our savings account into our checking account. I was going to write a check at the front desk to put on our room account. This was not a small amount, as we were an extended family group, and I think the check was going to be something like $3500.

Luckily there is banking by phone, so even tho I had forgotten to do the transfer at home, I could still do it at WDW.

But I sure panicked at first! :blush:

Jan

DisneyDog
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I ended up with a cold when we went for our 10th anniversary. I couldn't breathe at all, and none of the stores sold anything with a decongestant. I never, ever travel anywhere without nose spray anymore, just in case. Not being able to breathe can really, really ruin a vacation.

Taja
01-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I always forget something! *LOL*

So far, nothing critical that couldn't be replaced or done without for the duration of the trip.

I always make sure I pack my spare pair of contact lenses, case for current lenses and eyeglasses. Beyond that, most things can be replaced fairly easily. :) BTW, I wear RGP lenses, which require 2 to 3 weeks for replacement lenses from a current prescription. Two if you're really lucky. And I'm home by then!