Christine
01-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Cast:
me
DH
DD 8

Dec. 24-Jan. 3
ASSports, room 2250

This morning, we woke up around 9am, got dressed, and checked our bags downstairs. Then we hopped a bus to MK. AGAIN, the crowds were unbelievable! I'm leaving, why aren't they? ;)

We had breakfast at Main Street Bakery (please don't start throwing things at me, but the cinnamon rolls??? :ack: You guys can keep 'em!)

Next, we went to FP Peter Pan that was good for 3:15-4:15. We did Snow White, HM, then tried to do POTC, but the line was up to two hours. Olivia had to use the restroom, so John and I waited right outside for her. A group of CMs with a family came out of POTC handicapped exit (by the bathrooms) and I wondered why that family had all those CMs. They weren't dream team members? :confused: Finally when a couple of them moved, I saw the family they were circling was Robin Williams! It was cool...our first "real" celebrity sighting in WDW. (I say "real" b/c one time in MK we saw that guy that says "Let's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLE" on wrestling, but that didn't count to me! :D )

So then we wanted some lunch. Easier said than done! Cosmic Ray's was out the door, as was Columbia Harbour and Pinnochio's house. We settled on Diamond Horseshoe Revue. They had $8.00 saran wrapped sandwiches and bags of chips. Yes, it was as good as it sounds. :rolleyes:

We took one more spin on the TTA, then used our FP for Peter Pan. Is there a better last ride in WDW than that??

DME was picking us up at 5:05, and it was now 4:00 so we needed to head back to the resort. We dragged our feet down Main Street and poor John was holding hands with two very unhappy girls! :pout:

The rest is history...DME was on time, our flight was on time and uneventful, our luggage all made it. It was late when we got into DFW, so we spent the night...somehow, getting home at 3am didn't sound too appealing.

Friday we woke up, checked out, did a little shopping in Dallas :blush: and then headed home.

I will have photos and final thoughts soon. I just wanted to wrap up the last two days while I had a second. But for now, I have to get back to the laundry, unpacking, taking down the Christmas decorations, and BILLS!!

Caroleh
01-05-2008, 03:05 PM
How cool to see a real celebrity!!!

:hug:Glad to have you home and able to take it easy!!

tinkerbell04
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Wow, that is neat that you got to see a celebrity. As usual, your reports were terrific! I have really enjoyed reading them. I hope John's toe is better and you are well also!:mickey:

pogo
01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Christine.... thanks for taking us with you with your live reports and the not-so-live reports. I've enjoyed almost every minute as I sit here in "JQ" land reading about your adventures.:mickey:

I'm glad you got home safe and sound and that you are somewhat rested. See you in "JQ". :D

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: Robin Williams is one of my favorites!

ElenitaB
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
With all the excitement you've had on this trip, I'm glad to hear that the flight home was uneventful!

Thanks for sharing your adventures and misadventures with us. I'm really looking forward to your pictures.

BriarRose0708
01-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Awesome celebrity sighting! Thanks so much for sharing the unbelievable highs and lows of your trip. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures! :mickey:

princessjojo
01-05-2008, 07:44 PM
From bad to good to, oh how cool! Your trip reports have been great. Just what I needed to get my planning back in gear.

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 07:51 PM
That was cool to see Robin Williams!

You really had a trip to remember, for all sorts of reasons!

Let's see if I can recap:
-DFW lost luggage
-Christmas gifts from Mickey
-John broke toe tripping off bus
-You got to go to Celebration Hospital for heart problems
-You got to hang out with a bunch of different friends
-You saw Robin Williams

:thanks: for sharing it all with us! I really enjoyed reading your reports. I'm going to miss reading them!

disneydeb
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM
:geek::surf:OK, When are you going back? You have the most interesting trip reports by far! I'm going to miss reading them.
Thank you so much for sharing!:thumbsup:

See you around the JQ board:geek:

TiggeRia
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Boy--your trip sure was a roller coaster ride!!! :coaster: But at least it was a ride at Disney, so that makes everything worthwhile! :cloud9: I know that your family has made tons of memories that they will always treasure. :mickey: I really enjoyed reading all of your reports...thanks so much for posting!

mickey&missy
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Wow Christine! You sure had a interesting trip!! I can't believe everything that happened to you guys!! Amazingly it seems you guys still had a blast!!

I really enjoyed reading your reports!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

dolphinmickey9170
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Christine, I'm so glad to hear that your up and down vacation ended on an UP!! Thanks for taking us along on your fabulous vacation. I can't wait for you to take another trip as I thoroughly enjoy reading your report!:mickey:

drummerboy
01-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Robin Williams must have gone straight from WDW to New York. He was on Letterman I think on Wed. the 2d, or maybe the 3d (newly taped, not a rerun).

Christine
01-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Let's see if I can recap:
-DFW lost luggage
-Christmas gifts from Mickey
-John broke toe tripping off bus
-You got to go to Celebration Hospital for heart problems
-You got to hang out with a bunch of different friends
-You saw Robin Williams

Sounds about right! But don't forget about teeth flying out of Olivia's mouth! :D

OK, When are you going back?
March 18-25!!! :cheer:

Robin Williams must have gone straight from WDW to New York. He was on Letterman I think on Wed. the 2d, or maybe the 3d (newly taped, not a rerun).
Hmmmm...I don't know. But it was definitely him. In fact, as others started to recognize him, he started to get very nervous and they soon went backstage.

Dsnygirl
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
:( Isn't the last day the worst, no matter how long you've been, and how bad the crowds are??? But at least it won't be long until you're back again... lucky you!! And just think - you'll never think the crowds are that bad again - even on your busiest spring break day!! :thumbsup:

Christine
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
And just think - you'll never think the crowds are that bad again - even on your busiest spring break day!! :thumbsup:

This is true! I think I have seen the worst and know I can survive it! (Now if I could survive it without the heart attack, that would be better! ;) )

Mickey'sGirl
01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
We had breakfast at Main Street Bakery (please don't start throwing things at me, but the cinnamon rolls??? :ack: You guys can keep 'em!)You should have had the Crumb Cake....now that's worth fighting the crowds for.....:thumbsup:.

Pretty cool seeing Robin Williams -- (He was on Letterman on Jan 2, Ken). I am so sorry you had to go home.....

offwego
01-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Robin Williams? The rest of us are never going to post trip reports with all the stuff you have to put in them!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us (and the pics)!

faline
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
That dreaded last day! At least, you'll never be able to say this was a boring trip!

My favorite at the Main Street Bakery was always the mini quiches which, alas, seem to be no more!

DizNee143
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
even with the crowds again..sounds like you made the most of your last day!! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-10-2008, 09:36 AM
WAHHHH. I don't like when trips are over!

ChipnDaleGal
01-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Christine, your "Amazing WDW High and Low Extravaganza" is over. That was certainly a trip to remember for many reasons. I hope the good of all those presents of Olivia, hanging with Emily and your other friends was enough to overshadow the rough times you had. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us. With television being so boring right now, your reports were a source of great entertainment for me. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks for sharing.