PDA

View Full Version : Akl

madi47
01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
this will be our first stay at the AKL. I'd loved to get some feedback. I do know that it is right next to the AK which is one of our favorite park.:D was also wondering how the bus service is. We will have our car but would prefer not to see the inside of it until we have to come home. thanks!!!

em-n-mia's-mommy
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Bus service was excellent when we stayed there and this past september when we made a visit for dinner.

madi47
01-06-2008, 07:14 AM
thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think nobody was gonna. Did you enjoy staying here? I have stayed at a few other places and belive it or not I have enjoyed pop more than the other. I thought everything was fabulous there. :mickey: While I also stayed at the WL and thought it was beautiful but the bus service the week I was there was not good and was disappointed with the food quart. :confused: thanks

bouldertcr
01-06-2008, 08:22 AM
We are going to stay for the first time at AKL this summer. From what I have found on the boards, the consesus is that the bus service is very good. The buses at AKL do not stop at any other resort. That in itself will save on transportation time. Just remember that MK is the furthest park away and it may take about 20 minutes to get there. We stayed at POR last summer and I didn't mind any travel time on the bus. It was nice to have someone do the driving while I could sit down and relax.
What type of room are you staying in? We are booked to stay in a savannah one. I am really excited about staying at AKL. The reviews I have read have been favorable. Hope you enjoy your stay and if you visit before August 2008, please post your experience.

EmmMOM2
01-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Bus service at AKL is excellent as they have their own buses, which a lot of resorts don't. I never waited longer then 5 or 10 min tops for a bus going to or leaving a park.
You will have a blast. The lobby is amazing in and of itself. I had a savannah view room which we were upgraded to upon check in which was wonderful to see the animals right outside our balcony. The staff was excellent and everything was very clean.

I have only good things to report. :D

madi47
01-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I didn't request a savannah room just standard. I know I saw that you can see the animals from different viewing areas so that didn't bother me too much. I'm just so happy to be staying here. We are leaving Jan. 25th for our long drive(but well worth it). :mickey: We will be staying until Feb. 2nd. Can't wait-only 3 more weeks to go:D

iheartdisney
01-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Our last visit to AKL we had 2 standard rooms booked (because Savannah view rooms were "sold out") At check in, we asked if any Savannah rooms were available - we lucked out and paid for the upgrade for one Savannah room (only one was available) and our regular standard room. My DH, sons and I took the Savannah room. My in-laws took the "standard" room. But we ALL had views of the animals. I wish I could remember their room number but my in-laws were located on the main floor, left side of the corridor, all the way to the left. They watched the animals every morning from their room.

As far as bus service goes, it was awesome. We never waited very long for the bus to arrive, service is direct to each park. We thought we'd probably use our car, too, but once we experienced the convenience of AKL bus service we decided it was definitely faster and easier to use Disney transportation at THIS resort.

A note about Boma -- we love Boma. It's a "must eat" on all of our trips. But our last visit - because of our schedule - we made ADRs for 4:30pm, right when it opened. Big mistake! The lines to get food were horrible and with hungry toddlers this made for a less than enjoyable meal. When my husband and I were commenting on how we'd never experienced this before it dawned on us that we had always eaten here later in the evening, when diners were seated more sporadically and were eating different courses (appetizer, main, dessert) rather than all at once. Boma is still a must eat for us but we've learned that it's probably better to wait until the lines have thinned at the buffet.

Have a great trip!