PDA

View Full Version : Reports from ASMu Day 5

Fire314
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
We headed over to the Magic Kindom today went around on some of the rides and had lunch at Cosmic Rays. We went on Thunder Mountain since Ryan could now get on most of the big rides. Chris was not to sure of this ride but he went on anyway. He hated it but Ryan giggled the whole way through. Did a few more rides and headed to the entrance saw the parade again. Then we headed out and to the resort boats to the Wilderness Lodge. Once we arrived there we were extremely early for dinner so we walked around looking at the resort and we found the geyser. The kids enjoyed watching that and then we went inside and looked through the gift shop (we had decided to get matching shirts for christmas day but could never find some for everyone). Then we went and checked in for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I don't know why they call it whispering. But we had a great time. I was brought a large soda. I kept saying I never asked for this. It was big. The kids also asked for ketchup...we got a lot of ketchup and a wooden chef. Then the horse races started Ryan participated but Chris didn't want to. We got done with dinner pretty quickly because then we had a long wait for our Sliegh Ride so we took the kids over to the arcade and gave them $10 worth of credits and they took a while to use them up. We went and waited outside for the sleigh ride. When we started the sleigh ride the fireworks had just started going off we could see them through the trees but not a really good view. DW had let chris get worm in dirt for dessert(dairy) and during the sleigh ride he coughed and coughed. So no more dairy for him anymore. It was a nice ride the moon was full and bright and when we turned around Ryan lost his shoe. We had to stop the ride and I had to run back and get it. Very eventful ride. Then we were heading back to the resort when we so an animal scurried by at first I thought it was an opposum but then the moonlight hit him and we could tell it was an armadillo. We were looking at him when a truck came around the corner and...yes... crunch. I still have that sound in my head to this day. After the fun sleigh ride we hopped a bus back to the Magic Kingdom and got our wristband for extra magic hours. We headed straight for the Haunted Mansion, Spectromagic was about to start so we hurried not to get stuck by that. Loved all the new updates. Then we hit small world, peter pans flight(70 min wait) Philharmagic, Carousel, Tomorrowland Speedway(Ryans First time), TTA, Monsters Inc,buzz and I did Space Mountain. Then we were heading over to do Pirates and we passed the Jungle Cruise and that was open so we went on that. Our driver was crazy fun. Then we did the Pirates ride and as we were coming down the line the Cast Member was singing Yo Ho Yo Ho Why are you still here, to be honest at this point I didn't know but we were having fun. After pirates Ryan and I did Thunder Mountain again. But it was time to go because while waiting Chris had fallen asleep in Ryans stroller. We got on the bus at 2:40 am and were back to the hotel by 3am. We were exhaused to say the least.

tinkerbell04
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
WOW! That is quite a busy day! Glad that your trip is going well. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last summer and saw 2 cast members moving an armadillo from the villa quiet pool over to the wooded area. I wonder if it was the same one?!?!?!:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Fire314
01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
WOW! That is quite a busy day! Glad that your trip is going well. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last summer and saw 2 cast members moving an armadillo from the villa quiet pool over to the wooded area. I wonder if it was the same one?!?!?!:mickey:

Well all I can say is if it was I wont be doing much of anything anymore

faline
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
What a long day you had! Sounds like you got the full treatment at Whispering Canyon!

RedheadWriter
01-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Jam packed day!:mickey: