PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 07 Hello 08 Dec. 29-Dec30

Jimenyfan
01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
The Cast

Me: Amy-rapidly becoming trip planner
DH: Bill-pays for the trips
DS: Billy(15) can't wait to take a trip with his friends so he can show them what he's learned in his 40+ trips
DS: Kevin(10) everyone should have a Kevin he brightens the day by just being himself

When & Where: Dec. 29 - Jan 2, Beach Club Concierge

A little preface, we had the car serviced on Dec. 27th and didn't get it back til Dec.28th only for it to act up on Dec. 29th.

Dec. 29th- As usual I can't sleep so I am up around 2:30 and start making sandwiches and coffee, I also start packing the car so when DH wakes up we can get on the road quickly. Billy has decided not to sleep the night before so he can sleep the whole 8 hrs to disney, works for us no kids fighting. We leave around 5:50 and its drizzling but not to bad. I'm very tired at this point and try to take a nap only to be awaken by the car making really strange noises and bucking alot. I ask DH,who at this point is :mad: if the car seems right to which he responds with a mighty NO, while DH steams I pray that we just get to florida and deal with it then. We stop for gas DH checks the fluid levels and promptly tells me that car is messed up, but we still trudge on with the Service Engine Soon light flashing at us. We continue on and the car actually doesn't seem as bad and the service engine light is no longer blinking its just a steady light. We safely pull into the Beach Club, around 2:15, and at this point it seems as if we may have just gotten some bad gas. We check into our room and find that our room request hadn't been granted but thats OK as we have a nice room anyway, although I'll be honest I was wondering if craneing my neck at a peculiar angle to be able to see the Lagoon was actually a Lagoon View.

We just hangout at the resort today and go swimming as tomorrow will be an early day at Magic Kingdom, the park opens at 8:00 but with extra magic hours we plan to be there at
7:00.

Sunday Dec. 30th- Stitch wakes us up at 6:00 and the phone ringing nearly shot DH right out of bed, thank god he has a strong heart because it was loud. We manage to leave the room and be on our way around 6:45, the car is still good, we pull into Magic Kingdom and I'm sure that I have messed up the opening time because there are about 40 cars in the parking lot, DH assures me that its OK and we proceed to the monorail. DH insists on taking the resort monorail because he likes to see the resorts, me I'm screaming inside because I just want to get to the Magic Kingdom. We enter the MK around 7:40 an it is empty, we ride Buzz,SM, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion(excellent), Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates and Jungle Cruise, Mickey's Philharmagic all with little to no wait. We head out of Magic Kingdom around 11:15 and head to ESPN club for lunch, I really wanted to see some of the Eagles game but ESPN club was having sound trouble so we headed back to the Beach Club for some swimming and relaxing before our 6:20 dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We head to Yachtsman Steakhouse for our ADR and we are seated by our ADR time, Bill, Billy and I all order the filet and its is excellent. Kevin settles for some Mickey Pasta and thinks its OK, he enjoyed some of my steak and mashed potatoes and also thought the meal was good. We leave the Yachtsman around 8:00 and head back to the room as tomorrow will be another early morning.

tinkerbell04
01-05-2008, 09:37 AM
It sounds like other then the car issue, you are having a great trip so far. I hope all works out well with the car.:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Glad you were able to make it to Disney World!

Magic Kingdom without lines is great!

realtreebar
01-07-2008, 12:13 AM
thanks for sharing! " gotta love :mickey: "

RedheadWriter
01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
:thumbsup: