PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from Free to DDDP?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-04-2008, 04:49 PM
It sounds like some of the guests that were able to take advantage of the Bounceback Program this fall were able to upgrade from Free DDP to DDDP for next year. Was this option unique to this promotion or can you pay the difference to get DDDP whenever Free dining comes around?

Thanks.

kathiep
01-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I booked the free dining through the bounceback before I checked out in Sept. I inquired about upgrading to the DDP and paying the difference.

The CM assisting me wasn't aware this was possible. I had to keep persisting and ask her to get a supervisor who finally confirmed that it is an option.

I believe you can do this anytime free dining is offered but if at first you're told no, keep pushing.

The CM I was working with asked several other CM's who weren't aware you could do this either.

DisneyLuvnNooks
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
We made ressies through the bounceback program. The cast member who we talked to actually asked us if we wanted to upgrade, we declined, but still made ressies with the free dining

BMan62
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
It sounds like some of the guests that were able to take advantage of the Bounceback Program this fall were able to upgrade from Free DDP to DDDP for next year. Was this option unique to this promotion or can you pay the difference to get DDDP whenever Free dining comes around?

Thanks.

Seeing that 2008 is the first year of the Deluxe Dining Plan, it remains to be seen whether or not this will be a regular upgrade opportunity. If, and/or when (historically April,) the Dining Plan is offered to the general public, we will see if the upgrade is offered.