PDA

View Full Version : B-Day dinner for a DD7

mickeymousedabomb
01-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Sooo what's everyone's favorite place to celebrate their DD's birthday around age 7? I would love to have much interaction from staff (and characters if any) for her. There would be myself, Grammie, DD13 and DD7(They'll be these ages at that time). Any suggestions will defintely be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:birthday:

5fromabove
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Is she into the Princesses?? If so, I'd do a celebration at Cinderella's Royal Table. :) I had a friend celebrate her DD-7's bday there and she said it was SO special. :) She had arranged it so that when her daughter closed her eyes to make a wish, she opened them up and the waiter had placed a beautiful Cinderella's slipper birthday cake in front of her. I know we've done both breakfast and lunch in the castle...and I hope to continue to do this on each trip until our youngest DD's are "too old" for it anymore :) :cloud9:

Taja
01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
My friends recently surprised me with a birthday celebration at Crystal Palace dinner. Actually, it was an "unbirthday," which is the best kind to celebrate! :)

A cupcake, happy birthday sung by CMs and a little attention from the characters--and I'm middle-aged! It was fun! :) Definitely not as elaborate as a celebration with a princess, though! *LOL*

jenfriend
01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Storybook Princess Character Meal in Norway at Epcot. The food is good. The girls can meet 4-5 princesses at one character meal.

We're trying the dinner at 1900 Park Fare at GRFL which has Cinderella, her Prince Charming, and stepsisters on our next trip.

I'm sure that the Cinderella Table in Magic Kingdom would be a dream too.

They also enjoyed Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge, Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom, and Ohanas Character Bfast at The Poly Resort.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
What an exciting place for her birthday. DD "twisted" our arms to take her back this May for her 10th birthday.

For her birthday day she's chosen breakfast in the Castle (don't forget that only breakfast and lunch have the Princesses), lunch at Tony's and dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo-Revue. Not sure I would have chosen the same thing, but she's off the wall excited about her "perfect" day.

If she's into the Princesses I would do breakfast or lunch at the Castle...we've had such special treatment there for our honeymoon and anniversary, and can only expect that birthdays are just as good.

If you're doing a MK day...dinner at LTT can be a good choice too...the characters are awesome, tons of character time and they make a big deal of birthdays too!

Have a great trip :mickey:

AlvyOT08
01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
For my best friends birthday were celebrating it in the MK. She wanted to do CRT for breakfast and LTT for dinner. I was open for anything. I'v never celebrated a birthday before at WDW so I'm not sure what to expect. However, I have eaten at LTT before I loved it. The food was good and the character interaction was amazing. Never done CRT before, so that will lots of fun too. I know our travel agent called to let them know that it was her birthday, so I'm hoping for a few extra surprises for her. Hope this helps. Happy Birthday to your DD:mickey:

biodtl
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I'd vote for CRT. It's a real treat for a little girl (especially if she loves Princesses) to eat in the castle. The look on my DDs face brought tears to my eyes.

Another great thing about CRT is the included photo package. Not everyone can get a birthday photo with Cinderella, after all.

Of course, if you DO want to go with CRT, make sure you are on the phone 1st thing on your 180 days out. It's usually a fast sell-out.