PDA

View Full Version : How does this work?

kristom
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Due to schedules, it looks like we are planning a trip for the first of July. Last year, Disney had a special that if you booked a room, you could add the dining plan for free. What are the chances that Disney will do that again? If I booked a room (no meal plan) and the special came out, could I still get it or would it only be for new bookings?

Also, besides AP holders, are there discounts for AAA members or Disney credit card holders? I'm just trying to keep the price down!!

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
AAA has room only discounts avail.....at least that's what our agent has told us....not much savings, but it is some.....I think it's 15% off a mod......it's worth a call to find out for sure...:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
01-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Free Dining has typically been offered in the Aug-Sept time frame, unless you're a UK resident. I believe they've gotten the offer for other times of the year. Disney has given this offer in the past to increase park attendance during a slower time. I doubt it will ever be offered in the summer months.

BigRedDad
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I think you had the same misinterpretation that I had. The Free Dining wasn't in June/July. It was the Disney Visa members had access to the Free Dining before it opened to the public leading up to June 24th, I think. If this is what you are referring to, then we had the same problem. However, I think the free dining has only been done in the dead seasons like Sept.

Love the Mouse!
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Also, besides AP holders, are there discounts for AAA members or Disney credit card holders? I'm just trying to keep the price down!!

I booked POR with the AAA discount from 07/01/2008 to 07/12/2008 for 2 adults and 3 children. If you check disney.com for room only the total will come up to $2,508.00, the AAA total was $2034.15, a total saving of $473.85 :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-04-2008, 10:28 PM
The free dining was for the end of Aug. and most of Sept. It was great! As stated though, it is doubtful you will ever see free dining during the high season. If you could go later you could always book with Magical Journeys and if the free dining is released, they'll add it on for you, but make sure to let them know that's what you want just to be sure.

mickeytravel
01-04-2008, 10:40 PM
i was there last year the first week of july and the did not offer it. I had friends go at labor day and they do offer it but only have so many openings at each hotel.