PDA

View Full Version : Akerhaus

junedis
01-04-2008, 07:15 AM
We were lucky enough to reserve Cinderella's Table for lunch, should I still consider also doing Akerhaus(sp?) in Epcot as well to cover all the princesses? I have a boy and a girl and I'm trying to keep a good balance for both.
Thanks for your input!:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
01-04-2008, 07:47 AM
On our Nov07 trip we did this place for breakfast. It was great! The food was very good, buffet line with fruits pasteries and muffins/breads. Served on the table homestyle was eggs, sausage, bacon, and homefries all which were great and re-filled quickly. Our server was persistant with drinks and clearing dishes. We saw: Belle (only takes pictures when you 1st arrive) Jasmine, Snow White, and Aurora walk around to stop at tables. I have 2 DD's 11 & 5 and they both liked this place in Norway to eat and see princesses. Good luck!

IrishMickey
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
This is a must for every trip, my DH loves the food and my kids love the characters, even my DS who is 4, it also could be that he gets to wear a viking hat and carry and axe to breakfast, but he enjoys meeting the princess' too. Have fun,:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Akershus is a good buffett and the character interaction is good as well. Plus sometimes you have different princesses for instance we saw Mulan and Belle was in her formal dress at Akershush, but not at CRT. We enjoyed CRT better, but Norway is a good substitute You have to buy your picture with Belle at Norway as opposed to the free ones you get at CRT with Cinderella. You may want to throw in a character meal say at the Garden Grille, or Ohanas for your son.
Make sure any photo packages you receive either through buying them at the resteraunts or getting them at CRT with you meal that you go and have the added to your photopass. Alot of times the photographers take more than one photo. Have fun

tiaramom
01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
It is also a must do on each vacation for us as well. Norway is a magical feel- and eating here is wonderful for their food , service as well as
the character interaction. I would do both if you can ( CC and Akerusas) There are plenty of princesses at least 5. After your boys cvan ride the Norway ride and shop the viking shop for trinkets( some well priced too).
Remember the food may be a bit extravagant for some taste- but the basics are also served..Go!!!!

Jared
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Honestly, I don't think you need a meal at both Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. The two restaurants are similar enough to not warrant separate reservations, especially because they are so expensive.

I suggest enjoying one princess meal and finding another place to eat.

Mom2princesses
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
We did both during our August trip. My 3 yo just loves the princesses so it was worth it to us but really looking back on it we really didn't have to do both. We went at dinner time and we did not like the food or service at all. But seeing my 3 yo big smile was worth it.

CRT is definitely our favorite.

joanna71985
01-05-2008, 12:08 AM
I have done both CRT and Norway (CRT breakfast once, lunch 3 times and Norway breakfast once) and I would do CRT lunch over Norway. The food for lunch is great, the photo package is free with CRT (unlike with Norway, where you have to pay for it), and eating inside the castle is awsome. That's not to say I would not eat at Norway again (I may try dinner, to try to get Ariel) but if I had to choose over them I would do CRT.

*tinker_belle*
01-05-2008, 12:21 AM
You should do CRT, thats pretty extravagant and i agree you do not need 2 princess meals, but do another character meal at Chef Mickeys or O'hana for a nice balance.

Kairi_7378
01-05-2008, 09:39 AM
How many character meals are you planning for this trip? If you have time for both CRT and Norway, I'd try to do both. Chef Mickeys and Ohana would be great for your DS.

animalkingdomguy
01-07-2008, 12:15 AM
When we go to Akerhaus my 13 yo daughter tries to eat her own weight is smoked salmon. She is thin as a rail and is a one man seafood eating machine.

Cinderelley
01-08-2008, 12:51 AM
We enjoyed Akershush a lot more than CRT, but if you've never eaten in the castle before, I would say do both. If you have eaten in the castle before and just want to see Cinderella, I would suggest 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Prince Charming, whom your son might enjoy seeing and your daughter most likely will too, is there along with the wicked stepmother and stepsisters. .

KateMW
01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
When we go to Akerhaus my 13 yo daughter tries to eat her own weight is smoked salmon. She is thin as a rail and is a one man seafood eating machine.

LOL My 3 year old discovered smoked salmon this year at our Christmas party. She'll be so happy to see fish and princesses! LOL:princess::fishbowl: