PDA

View Full Version : Tours in the parks

fielin
01-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi everybody !

I am currently planning my next visit in the World (03/31 - 04/09... hope the parks won't be TOO crowded, after all, this is a Wonderful Week of Disney), and I think I might be interested in one or several of the tours.

Here are the tours I am considering :

- Keys to the Kingdom
- Around the World at Eptcot
- Seas aqua tour

Now, I am not coming alone, of course, and I know that I might be slightly more excited than my friend about those tours. So, here is my problem : are they FUN ?

I know that he will love the Segway around the World Showcase, but I am less sure about either the seas aqua tour or the Keys to the Kingdom.

If they sound like visiting a museum, I think I'd better leave it at that. If they are fun, interesting and exciting, that's better.

More specifically, about the Keys to the Kingdom, this is a LONG tour, isn't it ? It states that you get to try a number of attractions. What are they ? Do you get to avoid the queue ? Does the price include a snack ? what time does it start / finish ?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I think those tours would be a good way to enjoy the parks differently !

Thanks for your attention, have a great day !

wendy*darling
01-04-2008, 07:06 AM
I have done the KTTK and the Segway Tours.

KTTK is a bit long, but it includes lunch and a few attractions. I went with my DH and 2 sons (who were 16 & 19 at the time). We all enjoyed it. :thumbsup: They use the personal audio devices (everyone wears a small headset and you can hear the tour guide through this) which is MUCH better than trying to stay within hearing distance in a very noisy park.

The Segway Tour is FUN! One hour of "training" indoors in Future World, and then another hour circling World Showcase before it opens. It's easier than I thought it would be (I am such a klutz :secret:) and you get plenty of opportunities for photos. They take you through the different pavilions doing some obstacle maneuvering. This one is definitely worth the time and money! :thumbsup:

I don;t know much about the AquaSeas Tour, except that in the 2.5 hr tour, you only have 30 minutes IN the water. The rest is instruction and backstage touring.

Have fun deciding.:mickey:

faline
01-04-2008, 07:38 AM
The only one I've done is Keys to the Kingdom. What you ride varies somewhat, based on the tour guide and park refurbishments etc.

My husband and I greatly enjoyed the tour and would definitely recommend it to others.

Rosanne
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm really excited! My boyfriend got me the KTTK tour for Christmas! :) I'm going in January and I'm super excited!

DDuck66
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
We took the Keys to the Kingdom several years ago and loved it. I am not sure it was "fun" but the information was great. If you like to learn how things work and what happens backstage then it will be good. I believe you get lunch at the Columbia Harbor House which we had never tried before and ended up liking tremendously. I am still impressed with the garbage disposal system three years after I took the tour.

fielin
01-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Thank you for your answers !

Unfortunately, they confirm my suspicions : although the key to the magic tour and aquafun tour are interesting, they do not seem fun.

I would love to take them, but I cannot forcefeed them to my friend...

Still, it also seemed to me that your answers DID define the Segway tour as fun, so I will definitely surprise my friend with this one !

Any other suggestion for fun tours ?