PDA

View Full Version : Oprah goes Primetime (kind of)

NotaGeek
01-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Reality series "Oprah's Big Give" will premiere on ABC in 2007-2008.

The first primetime series from Harpo Productions, Oprah's Big Give centers on the competition, drama and emotion as millions of dollars are given away to make a difference in people's lives across the country. Each week on contestants will face a "big twist" that will test their nerve, drive, ingenuity and passion. Big name stars will turn up throughout the series to join the Oprah's Big Give tour. During the eight episodes filmed in various U.S. cities, the field will be narrowed. The stakes will get higher and higher, with one person ultimately being chosen as The Biggest Giver. The show is hosted by Nate Berkus.

Oprah's Big Give is created and produced by Harpo Productions in conjunction with Profiles Television Productions, LLC. Oprah Winfrey, Ellen Rakieten, Harriet Seitler, Jonathan Sinclair, Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri are executive producers.

MNNHFLTX
01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Interesting premise, if I understand it correctly. Not sure if I will watch or not--maybe it's just me, but I've kind of reached my Oprah saturation point over the last couple of years.