PDA

View Full Version : Nassau question

wendy*darling
01-04-2008, 12:23 AM
We are cruising next New Year's Eve on the 4 night Wonder... (only 362 days to go :party:)

Anyway, I believe we have decided not to attempt to go to Atlantis on New Year's Day.
So, now we are debating just staying on the Wonder and hanging out or maybe just getting off and having lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. Has anyone eaten here? How far is it from the ship?
My kids (who will be 18 & 21 at the time) have never been out of the US. And while lunch at a Hard Rock doesn't allow them to claim to be World Travelers, they can at least say they have left the US. ;)

Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do?

JerseyDad
01-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do?

....great idea...actually. My first trip "out of country" was to the Bahamas on the Wonder this past Nov 4th thru 8th

....the Hard Rock is a 10 minute walk (if that) from the ship...and getting there is a good way to see the "town".

From the Port: Go West (right) on Woodes Rogers Walk to Charlotte St. and go South (left).....bingo...you're there

Please be advised that on your way, you WILL be accosted by no less than 47-1/2 street vendors who will want to do everything from braiding your hair to taking you on a tour of Nassau.....heck....I think that they'd paint your house if you could bring them home!!;)

.....it's too bad that they do not "stamp" Passports in the Bahamas...for a more significant remembrance of being "out of the country". Perhaps you can pick up a few Hard Rock tee shirts that'll have the Nassau location printed on them. :)

wendy*darling
01-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks JerseyDad! Directions and everything!
I am aware that we will have to put up our "force fields" to get through the locals, but hey- that's all part of the experience, right? :D

.....it's too bad that they do not "stamp" Passports in the Bahamas...for a more significant remembrance of being "out of the country"
I agree- that would be nice.

Perhaps you can pick up a few Hard Rock tee shirts that'll have the Nassau location printed on them. :)
That's the plan! :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
01-04-2008, 03:00 PM
I would have a Plan B just in case. I haven't been to Nassau on January 1st, but there's a possibility that many of the shops and restaurants will be closed due to the holiday. The shopping experts on DCL will know for sure and be able to advise you of your options.

mickeytravel
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
there is another cool place at the atlantis marina. it is less crowded thn going to the atlantis hotel. It is Johnny rockets if you have kids they will love it. It is based in the 50's. like one of the old burger place. It is very themed related.Also on the marina is about 8 other resturants that are less crowded than the hotel and you don't have all the locals trying to sell you things. you can take a cab there for about 20.00 or watere taxi for 3.00 pp