PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resort Eateries (Part 1)

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Okay, It took a little bit but I ended up figuring that the only way to get all of the resort dining venus into a poll was to split them up into areas. I split them into the following categories:

Magic Kingdom Resort Area
Epcot Resort Area
Animal Kingdom / DTD Resort Area
Signature Resort Venues

Hopefully I didn't miss any.

Here is Part 1.

ElenitaB
01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Not that it matters much, but you missed my favorite MK-area resort eaterie: the Grand View Lounge where Afternoon Tea is served.

LibertyTreeGal
01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Ditto -- GF Afternoon tea is the BEST. I voted WCC because I hated Chef Mickey's and Ohanas and I haven't done the others...

Treelo
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
That's funny because I hated the Whispering Canyon (too much yelling by waiters, food was cold) and love O'hana.

Nobody's wrong. To each his/her own.:cool:

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I knew there would be at least one I forgot. Looks like tea it is, sorry guys!!!

RAIDER
01-04-2008, 04:01 AM
I havent been to all of them but last christmas i went to Ohanas and i was blown away with the food the service the settings and was lucky enough to have a table by the window when the fireworks went off ...A trully magical night :thumbsup: ......ooh did i mention that lovely cocktail lapu lapu :marg::cloud9:

JPL
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Although it is going to be very short lived closing in May, I voted for Concourse Steakhouse. I have never had a bad meal there in all my visits.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2008, 09:41 AM
What am I missing??? Has anyone had the sweet potato pancakes or french toast at Boatwrights in POR ????????? If you have you''ll be voting for them, right???? It's the best breakfast at ANY Disney eatery....:thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I love Grand Floridian Cafe and 'Ohana. I think Kona Cafe is vastly overrated.

Jared
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I love 'Ohana, and it seems like a lot of other voters do, too.

Looking forward to the next poll!

:thumbsup: :tasty:

dolphinmickey9170
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
We really love O'Hana. The food, the lapu:papple:lapu, the service, the atmosphere and, of course, the view of MK and Wishes!! It is so awesome.

We really like the food at WCC, but I wish they didn't have to go all crazy on you. My DH really didn't like the antics. He did laugh a little until he became the target. Then he didn't think it was so funny. He is a very quite, reserved kind of guy.

Spaceship Tigger
01-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I picked Ohana, but I also loved WCC. I don't normally like being the center of attention either, but when I was there knowing that everyone else got their turn as well it was fun to me.

May524
01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
This was very hard b/c I LOVE O'Hana. But, on our last trip we ate lunch and dinner at Kona Cafe and loved it! It is definetly a must do from now on..however, we will still do O'Hanas also :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I voted for WCC, it is the only one of the list we've been too (and we loved it!)

They made a huge deal about our honeymoon, it was just great (although a little embarassing, but great), and the next time we went back DD worked so hard on the ketchup that she got a $1 tip!

It is one of our favourite places :mickey:

animalkingdomguy
01-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Ohana is great, the food is great and the cast members that keep our kids active and entertained delights the whole family. We have never missed a dinner at Ohana during our trips. It is a must do dinner!

SimbaandNalasMama
01-07-2008, 10:55 AM
mmmmmm......OHanas!!! :cloud9: