PDA

View Full Version : ADR's in January

bkahrens
01-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I have become obsessed about returning to WDW next January for my daughters 8th bday. We went 2 years ago and planned to the minute with ADR's, parks, shows, etc. It ws a nightmare. Kids will be kids, and things changed daily from the plan. Unfortunately since I had such a structured thing planned it felt like we were missing out or kind of over stressful to fullfill "the dream". Anyway, this time since it's a much quiter time of the year I was thinking of just taking it as it comes. My question is will we be unable to get in anywhere. I was sort of hoping to just decide on a morning, "let's hit this park and try dinner..." and then call for a spot. Any chance that will work end of Jan next year or am I kidding myself. I would think we'd try for CM at contemporary for a dinner, maybe ohana if the kids are really cooperative, possibly a dinner at MGM somewhere before fantasmic and then Rainforest at DTD for a lunch. What do you all think?

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I think you will be taking a huge chance. I'd book some dinners and then cancel them if they do not fit into your schedule. At least you'd have something. I'd be VERY surprized to see you get into CM or 'Ohana without an ADR. We went in September and I couldn't even move our reservation up a little earlier and that was months in advance!!!

tinksmom02
01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I think that if there are a couple of places you really want to eat at, to go ahead and make ADR's. Like Kat1811 said, you can always cancel them.

Having said that, we were able to get day-of ADR's at the end of September, Marrakesh, I think they were before 5pm. So...I would think that there would be somewhere for you to eat, somewhere on property...whether it's someplace you and your family would enjoy, and at a time that would work for all of you, is a different story.

(We were all absolutely delighted with our meal at Marrakesh, by the way!)

ginger19
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
If you really have places that you want to go, make those ADR's and then just wing the rest of the time. 'Ohana and CM are difficult to get an ADR for well in advance any time of the year nevermind last minute. If you decide to wing it, I'd come prepared with a list of places you'd like to try so you aren't desperately trying to come up with a place you will all like.

MickeyChick
01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
We decided in early December 2007 to go to WDW at the end of January 2008. As soon as I had a confirmation number, I called for ADRs and got every single one I wanted including:

50s Prime Time Cafe
Hoop De Doo (category 1)
Teppan Edo
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Boma

DizNee143
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
i think youll be fine..might just have selected times on when you can go eat..but if my parents were able to do it in Nov and they had no trouble what so ever...you should be totally fine for january!! i know i would do it!!!! :mickey: