PDA

View Full Version : Vivien's first trip-Day 2

harlowandthemermaid
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Tuesday December 11
We decided to hit Epcot right at park opening and just ate some bananas and trail mix in our room for breakfast to save time. We probably got into the park and up to future world around 9:30 or so and the Standby line for Soarin was already 30 minutes!!!! WE opted for fastpasses(return time was around 11) and then headed over to the Nemo Seas, which would be a first time for us. Their was no wait but the queue involved a lot of walking. The theming in the queue was great; it had a very undersea feel to it. Before we knew it we were boarding our clamshell to visit with Nemo and friends. The ride was very cute and I think Vivien enjoyed it. I thought the part with the current was really cool and I also thought it was neat how they made the characters appear to be in the tank with the real fish.
After the ride we enjoyed walking around the pavilion and looking at the fishes and even thought about watching turtle talk with Crush but the show had just started and we didn’t want to wait for another. We decided to go visit Figment and ride JII before Vivien got too tired. We enjoyed the ride well enough but I long for the original and will hold onto the possibility that one day they will realize the error of their ways and bring it back. WE went looking for Figgie to take some pictures but he wasn’t in his little character spot. Maybe next time……
Mom and I took our turns on Soarin, I still can’t pick a favorite part. I’m torn between the orange grove and the ocean scene at sunset. But then again, the freeway at night is so wild! Soarin is now my mom’s favorite ride at WDW but I’m still standing by my old fave Splash Mountain ;) Soarin is my favorite ride at Epcot though. Actually my favorite thing to do at Epcot is just be there taking in the atmosphere. It’s just such a beautiful special place to me.
I didn’t feel like riding TestTrack today, so after a break in the babycare center and a walk around World Showcase we decided to head back to the hotel for some lunch and a pool break. Did I mention that it was well into the 80’s?
We headed over the Beaches and Cream for some lunch, and of course some ice cream. Their food is only so-so but I must’ve been hungry because I devoured a veggie burger and some fruit and a monster sized sundae. It was delicious!
WE had a nice walk back to our room and Viv and I changed and headed out to the quiet pool and my mom came out later. She did not bring a bathing suit thinking it wouldn’t be warm enough and I think she regretted it when she saw how much fun we were having. Vivien just loved the pool and I loved sharing such a great time with her. The weather was just perfect for the pool!
Our original plans had involved going to MVMCP Tuesday night but I was shocked to find out it had sold out! Luckily there was a party on Thursday and Friday as well because I did not want to miss out on it! I was looking forward to seeing the new parade and the castle decked out in lights!
With MVMCP plans botched, I made plans to meet Emily and Ian(and his family) at Epcot at 9:30 to watch Illuminations instead.
In the meantime we headed over to MGM to see the Osborne Lights and grab some dinner. We made it to the park with just enough time to catch the last showing of Playhouse Disney live on Stage. It was fun but definitely needs some updating since I don’t think Bear in the Big Blue House or Stanley even come on playhouse Disney anymore. And I really miss Rolie Polie Olie.:(
Anyway…..we had a good time at the show but Viv was showing signs of fading fast. We decided to bypass The Great Movie ride in favor of the Muppets. Again I thought this would be a better place if Viv decided she wanted to snooze but she did not. We actually scooted out a few minutes early to avoid the loud ending.
By then it was dark and time to check out the Osborne Lights!!!! They are so amazing, it’s hard to even describe how spectacular it is to someone that hasn’t seen them, and my pics just don’t do them justice. It wasn’t too crowded either since many people were still at Fantasmic or having dinner. The only drawback was the “snow” that kept getting on Vivien.
After soaking up some holiday cheer(I love how they have the holiday music going with the lights) we headed for our ill fated dinner at The 50’s prime time café. My cousin was also visiting Disney and we met up with her outside of the restaurant for a few minutes while we waited. I love the décor in the waiting area, but it was way too crowded. You immediately feel transported into the 1950’s! Again, it took forever to be seated and Vivien was so not in the mood to be there. I can’t even remember what I had to eat but I remember that I was holding her for most of the meal and eventually had to just leave my mom there and go outside. I found a nice dark area to nurse her and she fell right asleep. We decided to try for big lunches for the remainder of the trip and do very casual dinners since Vivien wasn’t taking to the nighttime meals too well.
It was at this point in our trip that we began to realize how far our room was from the Beach Club parking lot. We take our car everywhere and do not use the busses, but the bus stop was just as far as the car anyway. It was a LONG walk that I could tell was starting to wear on my mom. The walking doesn’t bother me a bit, but my back was beginning to ache from taking the carseat in and out of the car to put it in the stroller since the minivan is so high off the ground. A massage at the spa would be nice, but definitely not in the budget. Maybe next time…..
Mom and Vivien rested at the hotel while I headed over to Epcot to meet up with Em and Ian and family. We had a nice spot over in Canada and had a few minutes to talk and catch up before the show. WE all were trying to convince Em to stay for an extra day ;)
The show was great as always and Ian’s kids were real troopers! WE all walked out together since they parked at the Beach Club and I walked them to the lobby before saying goodbye and heading back to the room. Vivien had woken up during the fireworks, which my mom said were VERY loud from the room. Luckily she didn’t seem too bothered by it all and fell asleep soon after. It had been a very long and busy day.

Next stop: Vivien’s first character meal and a day at the Animal Kingdom

Emily
01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Glad you liked Nemo, I thought it was really cute, too. :thumbsup: And I liked the same parts you mentioned! Love that they put the characters in with the real fish. I don't often get to say this but I think that's one change/refurb that is better than the original! But then again, what was there originally was pretty bad. ;)

Wish I could have stayed! I wanted to, no doubt, but I had to go back to stupid work. :mad: No worries, we'll both be back soon enough I'm sure! :D

Melanie
01-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Mel, sounds like Vivian is doing just great! I'm impressed.

Yes, aren't the Osborne Lights breathtaking? One of my favorite Christmas events at the World.

LilHooligan74
01-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Again sounds like fun. I miss it already and can't wait to return. The little one absolutely enjoyed Fantasmic, whereas my oldest who was two at the time passed out in my lap. Thanks for sharing! Look forward to reading more.

browneyedgirl12
01-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Sounds like you are having a good time. I can't wait for your next post.:mickey:

KylesMom
01-04-2008, 09:47 AM
It sounds like Viv is adapting to Disney life awfully well! All in all, another great day. Nice that you were able to get some swim time in and meet up with Ian & Em, too!

Looking forward to the first Character meal post! :mickey:

offwego
01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a tremendous day! I'm so glad your having such fun and some intercot meets to go with!

princessgirls
01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
A fabulous day! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

faline
01-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Another very nice day!

Glad you were able to meet up with Ian and Em!

Piglet822
01-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I didn't try talking Em into staying an extra day, I'm trying to talk her into moving here! She'd always have someone to hang out in the parks with ;)
Mel, I agree with you - the Osborne lights are phenomenal!!!!!!!

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
01-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Another fan of the Osbourne Lights here, so I am always happy to read a report involving them. It''s so nice you could meet up with Ian and Emily this trip. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

harlowandthemermaid
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Melanears;1507223]Mel, sounds like Vivian is doing just great! I'm impressed.

She did pretty well, but we sort of went with what worked for her and only went to the parks in short spurts, Usually only a few hours at a time.

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Another fine day, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
:thumbsup: Great day!

Beach Club Babe
01-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds like another terrific day! I'm glad to hear that you and Vivien enjoyed Nemo!

vizsla
01-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for the report.

jszczur5
01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
When I read your first post, you mentioned about Philharmagic making you think of Sam. I kind of figured that Sam was someone special you had lost. And then when I read your second post, I noticed the link to Sam's Memorial page. I clicked the link, and read about your amazing son. My eyes filled with tears and I immediately said a prayer for you, and a prayer of thanks for the health of my own two sons. Thank you for providing such a beautiful tribute to your angel, and for reminding the rest of us how very blessed we are. And I applaud you for still being able to "live" your life. I'm glad that you are still able to visit places that are so closely linked with what must be both happy and sad memories.
God Bless.

mrsgaribaldi
01-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks for sharing another great day:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
I love the relaxing pace you gals are going around :thumbsup:

And it really makes me want to get to WDW during Christmas - sounds absolutely magical :mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Sounds like another great day.