PDA

View Full Version : Question about airtravel!!

adoptionislove
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi !!

I need help (in more ways than one)!!! LOL

We arrive back at port at 7:30AM on sunday and we need to know what time to book our flight home. From what I have read, the ship is about 1 hour from the airport. I want to leave enough time so we are not rushed to get there. I also have 2 children and I dont want to make them wait too long at the airport. (for the other passengers sanity!!! (just kiddin)

How much time should I leave myself to not feel rushed?

Thank you any imput from you guys is sooooooo appreciated!!!

Michelle

LW_DFREAK
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
From what I have read, it is recommended that you don't book a flight earlier than Noon to allow time for any delays. I am waiting to book my return flight for my May Disney Cruise, and I am hoping there is a non-stop flight close to Noon because hanging out at the airport isn't what I call fun :D

adoptionislove
01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
That is good advice!! Thank you!

I hope you can find a GOOD deal from wherever you are!!! We are not finding airfare for under 2600.00 for 4 of us! I know we are going on spring break and all but GEEZ they are really sticking it to us for the flight!

DisneyDudet
01-04-2008, 01:49 PM
There are stores and a food court around the airport that could buy you some time, if you end up getting a later flight. I'd rather be sitting at the airport than rushing to it and being late.

Around noon is a good time. We had ours at 5 and we rented a car and went to DTD for a few hours, which was fun.

We will be doing ours earlier this year, shooting for the noon time. It is about an hour or so away from the port, plus you need to get through customs and get your bags, plus load the bus.

TammiMcMan
01-04-2008, 02:56 PM
We've made a 10am fight with plenty of time to spare, but you'll probably feel very rushed and stressed with 2 kids. As others have mentioned, Disney recommends booking no earlier than noon time. If you are on an airline that offers earlier flights, you can usually arrange to go standby. Some airlines will charge $25 per ticket to guarantee a seat on an earlier flight, or you can take your chances that they'll have 4 open seats.