PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan ? about split stay

steinx3
01-03-2008, 08:24 PM
We are taking a Disney cruise and plan on staying one night prior to the cruise and then three more nights when we are done. My question is that the DDP usually is length of stay, but we do not want to do the plan on that first day (we will not arrive until late afternoon), but would love to do it the three days on the back end of our vacation.

Since the cruise is in the middle of our stay, would they consider that TWO different stays and let us do the DDP only for the second part?:confused:

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Since the cruise is in the middle of our stay, would they consider that TWO different stays and let us do the DDP only for the second part?:confused:

You got it. Any time you need to check out of and into a resort it is considered two different stays. When we went last year in September they had to book us for two separate packages because we were staying two weeks and they do not (or did not at that time) have packages for that length of stay. We had to add on a single day ticket to our second "stay" so that we would qualify as a package. Confusing but to answer your question you will not be able to have the DDP for the first part of your land stay (unless I'm completely wrong).

I'm sure Faline will be along soon with the answer. She knows just about everything when it comes to reservations!!!

TheDuckRocks
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
With the trip you have planned I would contact the Intercot sponsor Magical Journeys ( http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com). They would have all the answers for you and there is no additional cost for using them than if you booked on our own.
I have never used them but wish I would have for our up coming WDW vacation and Disney cruise. Dealing with AAA on our cruise booking has become a nightmare.