PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House Breakfast vs. Donald's Restaurantasouras

Camping Mom
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
We always eat at the Restaurantasarous in the Animal Kingdom for breakfast when our entire family goes at Christmastime. This time, however, it has been closed and the wait staff moved to the Tusker House. It is a bit more hoity-toity, but the food is better.

A HUGE shout out to Mike and J. W. Our family had Mike in 1999 when we all went (17). When 15 of us returned in 2004, he remembered us as we did him. We just returned and he STILL remembered us! We didn't get the pleasure of having Mike as our waiter, but did get his good friend, J. W., and he was awesome!! We even took a big group picture with them!

What I do miss is the tricks and the practical jokes the staff played on the diners? If you have eaten the breakfast at Tusker House since the change, what do you think????

Magic Smiles
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
We ate there on our past Dec 07 visit. It was only our 2nd character breakfast ever, with our 1st being Chef Mickey's. The characters were great at the Tusker House, but the food was TERRIBLE. I do not know who our waiter was but he was pretty much in line with our thoughts of the food - NOT good.

TheDuckRocks
01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that they don't do the practical jokes any longer. I fell big into the ketsup thing.........60 something woman, shrieking and jumping out of her seat.:blush: The whole dining room got a good laugh at that one.:haha: I hadn't gotten my picture with Donald yet and I was worried that my Donald T-shirt was ruined.
I was looking forward to seeing what they would do to the grandkids this trip as it will be their first visit to WDW.:(