PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Info....

ravsluvdisney
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
On our next trip the DW and I are FINALLY making a point to hit up the Steakhouse after a few failed attempts (don't ask). We are staying at the Beach Club so getting there is not our problem! A few ?? however:

Fave meal - what do you suggest as a can't miss appetizer, main course or dessert and why? Anything to avoid?

Ambiance - the dinner "should" be minus our 2 DS' so is there a spot that is more secluded/romantic in the dining room?

DS - If our DS' (8 & 6) want to tag along, is it child friendly with meal choices, etc.?

Just say "NO" - Does anyone think the Steakhouse as a whole just isn't worth the time?

Thanks....look forward to the feedback.

:eat:

Jimenyfan
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
We,(DH,myself,DS15 & DS10) just ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on dec. 30th and had a great meal, we would definetly eat there again. It is a pricey restaurant. 3 of us ordered the filet which was cook just the way we ordered it and was very tender, the mashed potatoes where excellent too. I will say mine where a little cold but once I mixed them up they warmed up. DS 10 ordered off of the kids menu which was very kid friendly. We saw plenty of kids there and they where all well behaved. I didn't notice one room being more secluded then the next but the atmoshere itself was very nice.

Aggie97
01-04-2008, 03:17 PM
We had an outstanding dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse last month. Drinks from the bar were great. My husband loved the lobster bisque, and I had a really tasty tomato salad. Both of our filets were cooked perfectly. Unfortunately they had run out of the desserts we were interested in (it was a late dinner), so we finished the meal with Bailey's instead. It was a wonderful meal - delicious food, great service. I definitely would recommend it. :mickey:

Red Randal
01-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Greatest steak I've ever had. I believe it was an oak-fired ribeye. I ordered it with a side of creamed spinach which was amazing. The onion rolls in th breadbasket? Worth the price alone. (Well...maybe not, but they're good.)

Well worth going out of your way for (and since you're at the Beach Club, it's not even out of the way.)

If the kids like steak, they'll be fine. You'll definately enjoy it mor as an adults night, however.

MickeyMousse
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
We had the best meal of our entire trip at The Yachtsman. It has been a favorite of DH and mine since we honeymooned at YC many moons ago.....but our first visit back since #2 DS came along.

:chef:

DH had caeser salad-wonderful.
I skipped appetizers/salad.
DH had the filet....perfect!
I had the ribeye.....EXCELLENT!
We both had the mashed potatoes and shared the tri-color carrots, which were great.
DS#1 had pasta with marinara and he ate it all.
DS#2 had a kids size sirloin with mashed potaotes. The plate was wiped clean!
Both DS's had chicken noodle soup as appetizers which they loved. :eat:

We were all so full and were looking for the crane to help us out of our seats :giveup: that we had to skip dessert!!!!

A+++++ restaurant, food and service. Enjoy!!
:thumbsup:

ravsluvdisney
01-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Can't speak for the DW, but it sounds like a Lobster Bisque and nice, juicy Filet are calling me! Thanks for the feedback, looks like the Yachtsman is a go!!

:sail:

dteed
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Love the Yachtsman. Going back in 4 weeks.

Crow
01-07-2008, 10:12 PM
have to say 1 of the best steaks ive had...
app was tomato salad...ok....dont really remember the dessert other than they brought me the wrong one at first...
the ambiance...well its a restaurant...i like the ambiances a lot better in EPcot WS thats why i eat there the most. & it is expensive
i was on the DDP so decided to try it.
somehow i dont think i will go again, but the steak was good

KAT1811
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Glad you posted this thread. DH, myself and our three DDs will be trying the Yachtsman for the first time this fall. I was wondering how everyone felt about it. We are staying at the GF but are planning on dining here one of the nights we are in Epcot. DH didn't care for Le Cellier but is a huge steak fan. Thanks again for the input.

We'll probably skip dessert and head over to B&C and try one of those Kitchen Sinks!!! Who cares if we don't even make a dent after dinner, after all we're on vacation right?