PDA

View Full Version : Need Camping Advice

japhilli
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
We just recently bought a pop up camper and are anxious to try it out at WDW. My husband is a teacher so we can only go in the summer. Most likely August because of my son's baseball. How is the campground at that time of year? Are all of the sites shaded? Just looking for any info and opinions.

Thank you:mickey:

LONESTAR
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Its not all shady most of the sites we have stayed at are sunny at some point in the day. But we always stay in the 200 loop. Plus they just cut out a lot of the brush.

ibrowse17
01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Most sites offer some sort of shade, but some are much better than others. Just make sure your AC is working:thumbsup:

medic9016
01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
We stayed in our PUP last Sept. I went to Wal-Mart and bought 2 silver tarps for our bunk-ends to reflect the heat. It worked well for us. Do a google search for pup up gizmos and you will see where we got the Idea. We did turn off the AC the first day we went to the parks, but it was hot inside when we came back during the day. So the AC stayed on the rest of the trip. For us AC is a must during july, Aug, and Sept camping.

SoaringEpcot
01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
As said eariler you will need an AC in August. After spending a day in the sun sweating the last thing you want is to do the same at night while you sleep. This is the best place for information on Fort Wilderness so feel free to ask any questions. If you have done camping in the past you will find that Fort Wilderness surpasses any other campground.

NJ Camper
01-14-2008, 05:09 PM
We have used the ac when we go in nov. and dec. so I would have to say either ac or sweat in aug.we went to disney only once in the summer which was the end of june we would go out in the morning then go back at night during the day got to hot for us we either stayed in the pool or ac now we try to go between oct-feb usually cool for water parks but better in the rest of the parks but we get days where you can still go to the water parks in oct.-nov the dec.-feb can be rough we had one year where we would wear sweat shirts all day then add jackets at night butt crowds are alot less also

92-Port
93-Poly
99-Fort
00-Fort
01-Fort
02-Fort
03-Fort
04-Fort
05-Fort
06-Fort
07-Fort
hopefully oct. 08:mickey: