PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we need an ADR for Tusker House buffet?

mudpuppysmom
01-03-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm on the fence whether I should try to make an ADR for the new Tusker House buffet for breakfast on our next trip (Jan 16-22).

Why I'm on the fence is that I never know how I'm going to be feeling day to day and mornings are slow going of it's a bad day (I can't wait for this kid to be born!!)

I know we are going during a slow part of the year and we'd be going to AK on Thursday morning, so we'll be there (hopefully) before the MLK crowds show up for the weekend, but do you really think I'll need an ADR?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm a huge fan of making ADR's, nothing worse than not being able to eat anywhere you want.

I would make a late-morning ADR. That way, if you're not feeling too good, you can have a slower start to the day. If you're feeling great, you can grab a bite to tide you over and get in a couple of rides/shows before a big "brunch".

jaredkari
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
When did Tusker House become a buffet? We noticed that on the DDP, it no longer counts as a counter service, we weren't sure what had changed????? When did this happen??? And why???:confused:

DizneyRox
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
If it's anything like Donald's Breakfastosaurus, then you will need a reservation or will probably be turned away.

mudpuppysmom
01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
It didn't change all that long ago, but I too am sad that Tusker House as we all knew it is gone for good I'd say......I guess the buffet makes Disney more money. Who cares that it was a decent and actually somewhat healthy option! A family of four will now spend approx $80 on the buffet meal whereas before it bould have been $30 or 40, so now it's more than double what we used to pay, plus you probably need a ressie to eat there!

Hull-onian
01-05-2008, 12:20 PM
We loved Tusker House counter service too. I think from now on, it will be Flametree BBQ. We truly enjoyed eating there. For dinner we can always go to RFC right outside the park. It is disappointing, but we might try the buffet in December of '08.

SurferStitch
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
The new breakfast buffet (now Donald's Safari Breakfast) is excellent. Plenty of unique options, plus a lot of healthy options for those concerned about that.

We went there in December, and while it's still new and not everyone knows about it, it was busy. I highly recommend an ADR if you want to go.

I miss the CS at Tusker House, but I have to say, they didn't scrimp one iota on the buffet. It's the best food we've found at a buffet or character breakfast!