PDA

View Full Version : Give me some reccomendations please!

EmmMOM2
01-03-2008, 03:53 PM
We are planning our 2008 trip and i just want to start researching our ADR's even though they cant be made yet.

We will be trying to eat in the food court more so then out...BUT we do want to make a few recommendations.

We are definitely doing the character breakfast @ Crystal Palace as we enjoyed it last time.

So what DINNER places could you reccomend?
We have done San Angel Inn (enjoyed it) 50's primetime (not fav) Portobello yacht club in DTD (loved, ecspecially the "paint a cookie" they gave my son for dessert) and a few others. But I'm bringing my two young children (4 1/2 years and 18 months) with me so perhaps something fun for them.

azcavalier
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I would recommend going to O'Hana at the Polynesian. It's family style, no menu, and they have a luau thingy where the kids can participate. Learn how to hula, there's a coconut race for the kids as well. Oh, and the food is awesome.

We also liked Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It's a little harder to get to than the Crystal Palace (it's in the Contemporary), but it has Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto...the main Disney characters. Great food as well.

The Coral Reef is a great one for kids, because one whole wall is the aquarium in The Living Seas. And there's sometimes divers in there that come down and wave to the guests while they're eating. Last time we were there, one of them had signs with him, swam to a table, and "sung" Happy Birthday to someone at the table using the signs. It was great for the kids to watch.

Those are my suggestions. Have fun!

This time, we're going WITHOUT the kids. Can't wait.

playdead88
01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
the cape may cafe clam bake at the beach club is fun and its a buffet with great food - i have found in the past that buffets with kids in the evening work better - i don't know about you but by the time dinner rolls around the kids tend to be tired and if you add hungry to that you get cranky but with a buffet usually no waits for the food :thumbsup:

also we always like out of the way low key places for dinner like, mama melroses at mgm - the plaza at mk and we love beaches and cream cafe at the beach club for dinner - the only thing about that is they don't take ressies but they do have awesome ice cream, so just plan on getting there a bit early for dinner and you should be able to get a table with a shorter wait time. have fun! :mickey:

ravsluvdisney
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I would second Cape May Buffet. Great food choices for everyone. Also, we have enjoyed dinner at Cindy's Palace. Food better than expected at Princess characters are out and about. Whatever you decide - enjoy!!

yoopermom01
01-03-2008, 05:43 PM
The first thing I was going to suggest was the Crystal Palace breakfast, but I see you already have that planned.

For your childrens ages and the meal being dinner, I would reccommend Chef Mickeys. Cant go wrong with a buffet and the characters. Love the desserts with Goofy. Its loud and fun and we enjoyed the food.
Secondly, I would reccommend Ohana at the Poly. The food was fabulous. The kids get to learn to hula, and have coconut races. Its quieter and dark. If you time it right and request it, you can ask to sit at a window and watch Wishes.

Enjoy!

mickeytravel
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
we love Ohana at poly also the Kona Cafe is great there too.

LeCeleir at Epcot in Canada is a must..Make ADR early. We were not able to get in twice.

Chef Mickey is also good with kids.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:32 PM
The first thing I was going to suggest was the Crystal Palace breakfast, but I see you already have that planned.
Enjoy!

:ditto:

:welcome: Yoopermom01 to Intercot I think you're going to like it here!!!

Onto the dining questions. I too am trying to think of our dining for our '08 trip. 307 days away (I think I'm getting more and more obsessed as the time years on!!!) We enjoy many of the typical favorites:

Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table
'Ohana
California Grill
Whispering Canyon (1st time on this last trip but we liked it)
Hoop-Dee-Doo Review
1900 Park Fare (Dinner)
San Angel Inn
Le Cellier

Have a great trip. I'll be looking for your brainstorming choices (I say that because if you're anything like me I change my mind about 1,000 times before we actually go!!!)

LibertyTreeGal
01-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Crystal Palace for dinner - great salmon
Bomas for dinner -- our kids loved it
50's PTC - which was awesome in November

I'd skip Ohanas, I hated it with a passion....

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
:party:

Animal Kingdom Lodge-Bomas-TS
Magic Kingdom-Cinderellas Royal Table for Dinner (It is pricey though) or try Liberty Tree
Hollywood-50s Prime time/we enjoyed the theming of Sci Fi but the food was just Okay
Epcot-Lots of good choices, try Biergarten for German, LeCellier for steak or Marrakesh for exotic Morocan with belly dancer

dolphinmickey9170
01-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I suggest 1900 Park Fare dinner. Our DGD loved it. Check out these pix (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561854519WnInuF?start=12)and you will see how much fun she had. The food was really good and with a lot of choices.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Definitely Ohana's. We went in sept with friens and together we had 5 children. Some were picky eaters and we requested some kid friendly stuff. They brought out this huge bowl of chicken, fries, grilled cheese, etc. There was enough food and selection for like 12 kids. The atmosphere is great and the adult food is one of the best.
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef
Play 'n' dine Hollywood and Vine although not the greatest food at WDW is ok and the kids will have a blast.

murphy1
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Our absolute must-do every time is Garden Grill at Epcot. It has the best character interaction b/c the characters can move around easier and the floor revolves--my kids love seeing The Land boat ride as the floor moved. They give the kids a cupcake to decorate for dessert and the food is excellent.

EmmMOM2
01-04-2008, 02:32 PM
thanks for the suggestions everyone.

About the sci-fi theatre, i know it shows old sci-fiction movies while eating. Are they age appropriate for a 4 year old who can sometimes be scared of things? Or should i skip it.

katzctkpt
01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
You can't go wrong with Chef Mickey's for your childrens ages. Personally, I hated San Angel Inn at Epcot and wasn't to keen on the food at Whispering Canyon, 50's Primetime,. But, each person has their own opinion about food. My children liked Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare, and the Donald Breakfastsaurus at AK which is now called something else.

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 04:21 AM
thanks for the suggestions everyone.

About the sci-fi theatre, i know it shows old sci-fiction movies while eating. Are they age appropriate for a 4 year old who can sometimes be scared of things? Or should i skip it.

I would skip it if your 4-year-old is a little timid. I didn't think the food was that great, and I don't think your children are at the age where they would appreciate the atmosphere too much.

I would also suggest O'hana and Liberty Tree Tavern. My nephew was 2 when he went with us & loved the princess at the Princess Storybook Breakfast. If you want to see Fantasmic, I would recommend the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Studios, so that you don't have to wait in line to see the show.

Natazu
01-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Restaurants for Little Kids that still have good food:
7. Coral Reef
6. Hoop-Dee-Do
5. Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. Garden Grill
3. Marrakesh
2. Teppanyaki
1. 'Ohana

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
The movies at SciFi are so silly they aren't scarry, but that's speaking from an adult point of view...they are old black and whites not jump out at you 3-D or anything

Disney Doll
01-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Crystal Palace for dinner - great salmon
Bomas for dinner -- our kids loved it
50's PTC - which was awesome in November

I'd skip Ohanas, I hated it with a passion....

:jaw: You are the first person I've ever heard give Ohanas a bad review, but to each his own. :mickey:

To the OP, I do think the movies at Sci Fi could be scary for little ones. The special effects from that time period were so bad that the movies seem silly now, but you never know what might scare a kid and 4 is a pretty tender age.