PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

tink888
01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I am starting to plan our trip for November 08. It is dh, me, 10 year old dd, and 7 year old ds. In the past, we've only done values, and they were young enough that that worked out OK. Now that they're getting older, not so easy. First, dh and I would like some occasional privacy and the value rooms with the 2 doubles get smaller and smaller as the week goes on, and we'll be there 10 nights. Also, they're at the age where bunking together doesn't really work too well either. I guess what I'm looking for is the most bang for our buck, and we're not in the position to just pay whatever it takes. Would love to keep the rooms under 200/night, which I know throws deluxe out. I'm considering all options, onsite, offsite, home rentals, etc. Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

Taja
01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Have you considered the family suites at ASMu?
Or two value resort rooms?

A room in AB at POR with a trundle bed (usually reserved for family of 5, though), might be an option for sleeping. However, although the room is a bit larger than a value resort room, it still would feel pretty confined by the end of your visit!

Ian
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Sounds to me like you might want to consider an All Star Vacation Home. (http://allstarvacationhomes.com/?ovchn=OTHER&ovcpn=Listing+Sites&ovcrn=Intercot&ovtac=AD)

I'm almost certain that, time of year depending, you can get one for right around $200 a night and trust me ... you'll have PLENTY of space!

Plus, you'll be helping to support INTERCOT and contribute to keeping this great site up and running. :mickey:

WDW1985
01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
It really sounds like a rental outside Disney property would be better for you, because you're using the word "PRIVACY" and there isn't alot of privacy in Disney Resorts without spending more money. There are MANY very nice rental houses that go for around $100-150/night all around the Disney area and you need to keep the costs down, because you'll need a rental car and you'll also have to pay for parking (unless you have an Annual Pass). All that adds up fast, so keep it in mind if you decide to go off property.

Last April we got an incredible house 10 minutes from Disney for $700/wk. It literally took us 10 minutes from the car to putting the kids in their beds. That NEVER happens with the buses. There are pros and cons to each. Good luck and have a great trip!

WDW1985 :mickey:

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Have you considered the family suites at ASMu?
Or two value resort rooms?

This would also be my suggestion. Probably more toward the two adjoining rooms at a value. That way at night you and DH can partially close the door (or all the way if oyu wish) inbetween the rooms and get tons of privacy while still enjoying the neverending magic of staying on property.

You could also look into the cabins in Fort Wilderness they're a little more than you are looking for but I would also factor in the cost of a rental car and the daily parking fees in Disney when making your choice to stay offsite. If you stay on site you can use Disney's ME and the internal transportation system when you are there (we have never rented a car in WDW).

Good luck.

mrsgaribaldi
01-06-2008, 05:48 AM
We got a great deal one year at this resort,

Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa:
http://www.intercot.com/resorts/nearby/wyndhampalace/default.asp

We got a suite with a king size bed. There was a table that seated 4 or 5. A TV in each room, sofa bed and and another large chair. You can get 2 queens beds and there was a door between the rooms for your privacy from the kids . We were on the ground floor and there was a patio for each room. There was a fridge in the room, coffee maker and a sink right by the fridge. It was like a very small kitchen but with nothing to heat things up. The hotel was nice. A large pool ( we didn't swim) and a few restaurants that we didn't eat at. It's right in the Downtown Disney area, across from the shopping in DTD. I forget the exact price we paid but it was a really great deal on the suite. I would definately stay there again. They also offer free shuttles to all the Disney parks. We rent a car so we didn't use this. :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
You could check the prices for Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista (on Lake Avenue). It's not one of the "DTD hotels" but is very close by. The bedroom and living room are separated by a door, with the bathroom and kitchenette on the living room side, and an extra sink/vanity in the bedroom. They also have a complimentary breakfast buffet (includes omelets and other hot food.) It's a beautiful hotel - we really enjoyed our short stay there.

NJMan66
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
You have so many options available to you right outside of the WDW property. I've personally stayed at the Sherton Vistana on International drive in a 2 bedroom villa and loved it. There is also the Marriotts, Hiltons, Embassy suites.... Take you time and do a search. I'm sure you will find the right location and price.

BigRedDad
01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
It is going to be extremely difficult to stay on property for $200/night with your requirements. Going with a rental home is your best bet. The Intercot sponsor is good and there are others out there. There are many that even take offers for more than a 50% discount for longer stays. My BIL went with a couple of other people for a week before Thanksgiving. They were able to get a house that had 4 bedrooms, pool, game room, everything for $600 for a week. It was only 5-10 minutes from parking at the TTC.