PDA

View Full Version : How do you choose which park to visit?

SignguyTom
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Do you use the EMH - morning, evening, both, neither?? Do you choose according to scheduled events?? Concerts/performers??

We kind of have a tough time getting to the morning EMH park early enough to matter, so we generally go to the park that had EMH the night before. It seems that the crowds are lighter since the late nite folks from the previous night are (mostly) at a different park.

We get there around opening and make dinner plans for that park. After dinner, anything goes, whether it's to finish the day where we are, head to the park scheduled for that night's EMH, or head back to the resort to relax a bit before hitting it again the next day.

mudpuppysmom
01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I always go with the best intentions to utilize AM EMH, but for some reason DS and DH (when he is with us) just don't cooperate!! I think this might be a lot of people's problem to make it to AM EMH's, which is why they are light crowdwise. PM however is usually crowded for at least one and a half of the three hours, then it dies down quite a bit.

Normally we do PM EMH with no problem and sometimes we even close the park that we are in -- if DS can hack it that long (he's 5 and quite the trooper!!). Sometimes though PM EMH is not a good idea.......like if you have been in the park since 10 am and are still there at midnight with no break!

PetefromRI
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Alot of times we get to the bus stop and tell each other"the first bus to stop is the place we're going".Big planners,Huh?

kakn7294
01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
In 2005, we went to the park having the evening EMH's everyday - crowds were good but it was September. In December 2006, we also went to the parks with the evening EHM's and found the crowds to be much larger than we anticipated. In August 2007, we avoided the parks with the EMH's altogether and the crowds were reasonable. I think that will be our strategy for our upcoming trip as well. We never made to the morning EMH's and always get park hoppers so we can go to the park with the evening EMH's if we want later. As far as the parties / events, we've only been to MVMCP and P&P once each - we started at MK those days and stayed all day.

Cinderelley
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I choose according to Intercot's busiest days list on info central. If it says it's a busy day at that park, we avoid it. If there's a "party" going on, we'll attend it though. Loved MNSSHP best, but Pirate & Princess party was great too. MVMCP is next on our list to try.

Taja
01-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I use a combination of park hours (including evening EMH) and scheduled events. Then I plan any ADRs around this information.

Have to admit I have made park opening only twice in 6 visits to WDW! The time difference and official night owl status make it difficult until the last few days of a visit!

Other than Soarin', I've never had serious wait times at attractions during evening EMH. 'Course, I don't do RnRC or ToT or other "thrill" rides! :)