PDA

View Full Version : Am I being stupid?

lulu'smom
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM
So yesterday was my 180 day window for making ADRs. I haven't made mine yet though. The problem? My mom has been having some health problems lately. The trip is supposed to be over the 4th of July, and I am not sure now that the trip is going to happen. Even if mom is ok, we don't know what the final cost is going to be for all of the tests she has had. And now I am feeling that it is selfish of me to make ADRs over a holiday when I don't know if I will be using them.

Should I just go ahead and make my ADRs and cancel them if I have to? I just feel bad that I am potentialy taking a spot away from a family that knows they will be there, when I am not sure.

BMan62
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Make your ADR's now, then cancel when you KNOW you are not going to be making the trip. Otherwise, you may not be able to get anything, since this is a peak season for the parks and associated restaurants.

JMHO

NJGIRL
01-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Make them anyway. With the exception of dinner shows and packages no deposits are needed. People make ADR's all of the time and cancel them at the last minute for no reason other than they don't feel like going. If you have to cancel at least it will be for a good reason. I know some people even make two ADR's at the same time (which is sooooo wrong) and go to the place they feel like eating at the time.

mjaclyn
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I would go ahead and make the ADR's because if you wait you may not be able to get anything at all. I'm pretty sure that July 4th is one of the busiest times of the year and you'll definitely need ADR's to get into any TS restaurants. That way if you do go you'll be all set. I wouldn't worry about cancelling your reservations - just do it as soon as you know that you're not going. That way it will still give others a chance to take that reservation. I think the problem lies in people making reservations and then just not showing up for them at all.

prprincess
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I think the problem lies in people making reservations and then just not showing up for them at all.I agree. Just make them and if you have to cancel, just cancel. It's definitely better than just not showing up/calling to cancel.

The best of luck! I really hope that you can still go!

Figgyluv03
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I would make them anyway. I'm still not sure if I'm going in October since my boyfriend and I broke up. I still want to go, and am trying to find a friend to go, and I have until September to cancel, so I'm definetely going to make them in April when my 180 days hit. Please cancel ADRs all the time. It's the ones that don't cancel and don't show up that hurt people. Just make sure you cancel as soon as you know that you won't be able to attend.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
:) I agree with everyone else...make them and cancel if you have to, don't worry about it...I hear about people checking for last minute cancellations all the time...someone will get them if you have to cancel

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Make your ADR's now, then cancel when you KNOW you are not going to be making the trip. Otherwise, you may not be able to get anything, since this is a peak season for the parks and associated restaurants.

JMHO

Ditto here.

Taja
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Just in case you need more positive reinforcement...

Make your ADRs and cancel if necessary! :)

Kairi_7378
01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
First of all, I am very sorry to hear that your Mom has been having health problems. O hope that everything goes as well as possible for her with her tests.

I would make my plans and ADRs as if you are going. If nothing else, it will help your Mom feel like everything is normal and it might give her the positive thinking that she needs to help deal with her health problems.

People like you, who have uncertainties in their lives due to health problems, are not being selfish tying up dinner times. It's the people that make ADR's for 2-3 restaurants at a time, or who don't cancel their ressies, that drive us crazy!

#1donaldfan
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry too that your mom is having the health problems.....I would make the ADR's and just cancel when you have to.....you just never know and maybe this 4th you'll all be there filtering your way through the crowds.....actually that's the time of year we usually go....:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I say, make your ressies now. If you have to cancel them at a later date, you can. If you are able to go, you will be all set. Here is some :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for your mom and I hope she is better soon.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I would definitely make adr's now just be sure and cancel them if you find out you can't go so others can scoop up the adr's.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-04-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm casting my vote to book the ADRs. I'm hopeful that your mom's health issues will be resolved positively and you'll be using those ADRs! Best of luck to her.

Madame Leona
01-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm going to be the odd man out in this one. My dad is also having health problems this holiday season. His recovery is going to be long and very difficult. We are planning on going in October but I'm having a hard time booking everything until he is quite a bit better. If you aren't comfortable making adr's right now, then don't. Make them when you are ready to, don't just make them because you have to.

Jared
01-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Unless you feel guilty about planning a vacation during these tough times, I would make the reservations and cancel them if you have to stay home. It's so hard to secure tables during a holiday weekend, and I always like to stay positive, even in unfortunate situations.

Perhaps focusing on your Disney vacation will help your mother's health improve by July.

Hull-onian
01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
First of all take care of your Mom. It is a tough situation but the doctor's today do great things for their patients. We pray for a speedy recovery for your Mom. Make your ADR's like everyone said, then if you must, cancel them out. Good luck with everything.:grouphug: