PDA

View Full Version : Young’s Winter Weekend Getaway!

TBY2225
01-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Young’s Winter Weekend Getaway! Pre-trip report!

Dates: January 18th -21st
Staying 3 nights at Pop Century with 2 day MYW hoppers & water park & more option!

Once again happily booked with Nanci at MJ! :thumbsup:

Cast:
Me- 33 5th trip to DW/ one trip to DL
DH- 34 5th trip to DW

The two of us have never been to WDW by ourselves. We did go with some friends for our first anniversary in 1997 but it didn’t turn out to well. We didn’t go back until about 2 ½ years ago when we took our DD for her first trip. While we were there, we got bit by the Disney bug and now we are both huge fans! Then this past September we took both the kids DD5 and DS2, but we didn’t get to ride anything together, stay out late, or check out Pleasure Island. DH and I were talking right after our September trip and he made the great suggestion that instead of gifts for each other for Christmas, we could take each other to Disney! We usually can only afford to go once a year, so this is extra special for us. :cloud9: We decided on January because we are hoping for mild weather, and also because we are off of work on the 21st for MLK day. Also, we had to work around my MIL schedule because she is keeping the kids and she is off that Monday as well. DH was hoping that they would have a P&P party on those dates, but unfortunately the first one is the day we leave. We are only going to be in the parks for 2 days, but believe me, we will be going non-stop commando style. :D We plan on doing as much in the 2 days alone as we do in a week with the kids! Nanci at MJ was able to get us the promo to add the hopper and water park and more option for free, so we took her up on that! Here is the plan:

Friday January 18th

We will drop the kids off at school and daycare and come back home to finish packing. My MIL will pick them up when she gets off of work. This will be our first trip to Disney flying. I am so excited about trying out ME! We leave the airport flying Delta at around 12pm. (Delta is notorious for changing times so this is just an estimate) we arrive at MSO around 1:45 and hope to get ME to the Pop quickly. After check in we will take the bus to DTD and have an early dinner at Planet Hollywood. We aren’t that crazy about their food, but we will have the $15 voucher and since this trip we won’t have free dining like we have the past 2 Septembers, we will use that. After dinner we plan on checking out Disney Quest. This is new to us also. My DH loves video games, so this should be right up his alley. I can’t say that I am a big fan of games, but I think I will just enjoy watching him! After he has his fill of DQ, we are going to go to Pleasure Island and check out the Adventures Club. DH and I listen to lots of WDW pod casts and they often mention the AC, so we will check that out next. I hope we will have time to check out a few of the other clubs as well. Since we won’t have the kids, we can stay out as late as we want, so I guess we will head back when we are done or too tired to go on!

Saturday January 19th

We plan to be at Disney Studios for EMH at 8am. We are not huge DS fans and only want to ride 2 rides, ToT once and then RnR coaster (my favorite Disney coaster) at least 2 or 3 times. It was closed in September, so I need to make up for that! After those 2 rides, we are done with DS until later that night for Fantasmic. We plan to take a bus to the Poly and have some Tonga Toast (another first) then take the monorail to MK. We will spend the day here riding things together and catching shows and things that we haven’t been able to in the past. Hopefully we can grab a hotdog at Casey’s sometime during the day! We will head back to MGM for Fantasmic (another first for us). MK has EMH until 2 am, so then we will head back to MK for a few hours to try some of the rides for the first time in the dark!

Sunday January 20th

We will start the day in AK. We want to ride Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl (first time) and then E:E at least 2-3 times! Then we will leave AK and head to Epcot for the rest of the day. We will start with FW hopefully we will catch a soft opening of SE and we can check out the changes, and then ride Soarin, and TT and then head to WS. We want to try some of the drinks around the world :marg: :beer: and check out the shops and shows we haven’t been able to get to before. Since we have seen Illuminations and Spectomagic with the kids, we are thinking about going to the beach at the Poly and watching Wishes and the Electric Water Parade from there. My friend Tara (McGoofy) was telling me about it, and it sounds wonderful. We might finish out the night with some wings and Lapu-Lapus at the bar in the Poly!

Monday January 21st

All good things much come to an end. I have a feeling anyway that we will sleep in late because we will be so worn out from our whirlwind days! We plan on taking a walk around the hourglass lake and just relaxing at the hotel until ME picks us up for our 2:45 flight home. I hope we get to the airport early enough for me to check out a branch of one of my favorite stores called LUSH. They are a bath/body store and I love their products. We don’t have any in SC, so that would be an added bonus. We get home around 4:00pm and will go pick up the kids from the in laws.

A lot of people are telling us we are wasting our money for a weekend trip. We say any time in Disney is worth it to us. We had to plan this around our work schedules and our kids and MIL school schedules. Our daughter can’t afford to miss any more school time this year since she was out a week in September for our Disney Trip. Also since we are going in a low season, we got great rates on the flight and the room as well. We already have another trip planned with the kids in September 08 with free dining again so we don’t feel too guilty going without the kids! We love our family trips, but it will be so nice to stay out late and not have to take 3 hour afternoon naps! I hope this will be a trip of nice weather and many first for my DH and I. This was the best gift we could have given each other!

Thanks for reading!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
:) I agree, three days at Disney is THREE DAYS AT DISNEY!!!! We actually had a pretty decent meal at Planet Hollywood last time we ate there, I had the ribs and they were pretty good and the service was outstanding, just a bit noisy for me. Enjoy the time alone

tinkerbell04
01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
This sounds like a great weekend trip! I hope that you have a great time without the kids. I am looking forward to a trip report when you return!!:mickey:

MizMissy
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a great weekend! I'm very jealous. Of course, if I want to go to Disney Commando style, I'm probably better off bringing my DD8, rather than my DH.

DizNee143
01-03-2008, 03:16 PM
what a great christmas present to one another!! i hope you guys have a wonderful time and get to do many of the things your hoping to do!! i cant wait to hear about it when you guys get back!!! have fun!! :mickey:

faline
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a really fun, grown-up weekend! What a nice holiday present! Have a great time!

irish1967
01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
DH and I went to WDW without the kids for your 10 year anniversary. It was absolutely fabulous. I hope you have a great time.

dolphinmickey9170
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Enjoy your time together. Have a safe trip and we can't wait to hear all about it upon your return!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-07-2008, 11:23 AM
:mickey:Sounds like a wondeful plan! I'll be there later that week

McGoofy
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, it definitely wasn't me that said you were wasting your money at Disney. In fact, I may probably be a bad influence on you.:D;)

I am glad that it all worked out for you to go. I still think that is an awesome Christmas present to each other. Are you going to tell the kids where you are going???;)

And you thought I packed a lot into 4 days at Disney...you weren't kidding when you said commando style!! You are going to have a blast. You will need a vacation from the vacation afterwards!!:D (But yes, swinging in a hammock with lapu-lapu in hand while watching MK fireworks is very relaxing!:cloud9:)

Thanks for the report. Oh, and I am so proud of you being so politcally correct with the "Disney Studios." I'm going to have a hard time breaking the "MGM" habit!!

Have a blast on your trip. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!:party:

Bethis26fan
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I hope you have a great time. A weekend at Disney is better than a weekend at home, so enjoy it.

vizsla
01-08-2008, 05:52 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
01-13-2008, 07:52 AM
I hope the two of you have a great time "powering" through your little trip together. I hope you can get everything done that you want and enjoy your time alone as a couple. :mickey:

Hair_Razor
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey I'm a Young can I come? :D

TBY2225
01-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Sure! The more the merrier! Just as long as you all can keep up to the commando style of touring! :D

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Have fun! The weather is going to be really cool, which definitely beats some of the September hotness!

Hair_Razor
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Sure! The more the merrier! Just as long as you all can keep up to the commando style of touring! :D

:DSounds like fun, anything for the mouse!:mickey: