PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to a package

IloveJack
01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Dh and I are planning a trip for Christmas of 2008 (the five days leading up to Christmas day, specifically), but we're also trying to start our family. I asked a few months ago about planning a trip with a young baby, and the consensus seemed to be "book a room-only ressie; it's easier to back out of." I appreciate that advice, but as we're now to the point of making ressies, I would like to know how easy it is to upgrade to a package with a room-only reservation. Are there any late fees? I know you have until 5 days before to withdraw a room-only reservation. Can you also add dining when you check in? We're trying to be very flexible with this plan, knowing that if we do have a baby right before, the trip will have to be postponed somewhat. I just don't want to not make ressies and then not be able to get them later, with it being peak season. Thanks!

IloveDisney71
01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
In my experience, Disney doesn't mind upgrading to a pkg.
I don't know about adding the dining plan at check-in time though. I've always made changes at least a few weeks before my arrival.
If you are planning on dining at table service restaurants, I would go ahead and book your reservations asap (most 180 days out). If something happens and you can't go, you can always cancel them.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Disney only has a certain amount of packages avaliable and the time you are looking for is going to be a popular time so I would make your package reservations now. Assuming you are not pregnant now (or are in the very early stages) you would have ample time to cancel your reservation if you do conceive soon. If I'm not mistaken you have up until 2 weeks (or 30 days I can't remember) before to cancel without penalty. I would assume that you would know at least a few months in advance and that won't be a problem. I would advise you to call WDW reservations (or better yet contact Magical Journeys) and talk to them about it. I'm sure you'll be able to cancel, if need be, in ample time as to avoid a fee.

P.S. - I took DD#2 to WDW at 3 1/2 months old and she was fine. Do whatever you are comfortable with.

faline
01-03-2008, 11:59 AM
If you want the dining plan, it must be added to your package at least 10 days prior to your arrival at Disney World.

If you have booked a package and want to cancel (or change), you must make the cancellation or change before the 45 day prior to arrival mark. Any time beyond that, you are subject to change and/or cancellation penalties.

IloveJack
01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
If you want the dining plan, it must be added to your package at least 10 days prior to your arrival at Disney World.

If you have booked a package and want to cancel (or change), you must make the cancellation or change before the 45 day prior to arrival mark. Any time beyond that, you are subject to change and/or cancellation penalties.

Thanks Faline, exact numbers really help ease my worries!

P.S. - I took DD#2 to WDW at 3 1/2 months old and she was fine. Do whatever you are comfortable with.

That's great to hear! Thanks!