PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholder Rates 2/15-3/6/08 Released

Tink1
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Disney has released a small window of Peak season AP rates.

Travel Dates: 2/14-3/6/08

Code: FIC

Sample Rates

AKL STD $254 plus tax
Polynesian GDN $379 plus tax
Grand Floridian GDN $424 plus tax
Moderates STD $139 plus tax
Values STD $79 plus tax.

Remember, Disney now does date specific pricing.

Nanci

PetefromRI
01-03-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm glad we took the Jan.AP rates instead.379.00 std garden view at the Poly?I'll stick with the mods in off season.

Crow
01-03-2008, 11:40 AM
and i just posted yesterday asking if anyone heard anything...never mind
thanks ill be in touch w MJ shortly

WDW1985
01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Tried to get CS AP discount and as usual there was nothing available for our dates already booked. This is not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. :mad:

The Disney agent said that the specific date pricing is making it more difficult to get a bargain overall. Disney appears to be getting tougher and tougher when it comes to reservations. Not sure why, but it's frustrating. The interesting thing is that when we tried looking to other moderates for the AP discount we found that our AAA rate at CS wound up being [I]better[I] than the AP discount. I didn't know that was possible, but even he said Disney is changing things around and they are in the dark when it comes to discounts. The computer simply tells them what's available at a certain price.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Is there any method to how they give discounts?

WDW1985 :mickey:

tltcats
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
How many rooms can you reserve with one Annual Pass?

Tink1
01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
How many rooms can you reserve with one Annual Pass?

One room for each adult annual pass is the "official word" .

You will hear that people booked more than one, but ONE per adult pass is the "official" verbage used in their system.

Nanci

Crow
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
are the weekends more or all nights the same?
are all the mods included?
im afraid that future discounts might not be as good, since bookings are up i hear...
i hope Mid May discounts may be better.

KarenP
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
are the weekends more or all nights the same?
are all the mods included?
im afraid that future discounts might not be as good, since bookings are up i hear...
i hope Mid May discounts may be better.

Sundays - Thursdays are discounted. Fridays and Saturdays appear to be rack rate.

All mods are included but subject to availability.

alliekat
01-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi to all,
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations to see if I could get the AP rate for my upcoming trip. My travel dates are arriving Feb 16th and departing Feb23rd (7 nights). I was able to get the discount, but not much of one compared to AAA. My original package was with AAA discount was $973.30 now down to $883.60. Here is the breakdown per night:
2/18,19,20,21 went from $120-$91
2/22 went from $126-$120
2/16-17 actually went up from $131.40 to $146
Those dates are considered black out dates and no AP discount is available. That was a bit hard to hear,:( but I still took the discount for the overall savings. I asked if you could apply two discounts to the same week, the agent told me I could, but we have to have two seperate reservations and then check out and check in again. I have done this before so it doesn't necessarily mean you would have to get a new room, but I didn't feel it was worth the potential aggravation. We are getting a fridge for the room which is $10 per night, so the savings pays for the fridge :thumbsup:
I hope this is helpful in giving an example of the discounts.
Happy Travel,
Kathleen

Vinny
01-04-2008, 12:06 AM
I had booked a 7 night stay at POP back in October for February 8-15. I then rebooked when the AP rates came out in early November for 1/1/08-2/13/08. That saved me $200, although the last night of our trip (2/14) we are being charged full price ($119). If I am reading the post correctly, these AP rates begin 2/15 (the day we return home) and not 2/14 which is our last night in WDW. Do these or any AP rates cover February 14 so we would be able to reduce our rate for that night? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Crow
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Karen at MJ
got Pop for $79 +tax for Feb 26 for 3 nights...im ready for my WDW break now

Jillirose
01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
When is it beneficial to buy annual passes, instead of buying tickets through the package deal?

Crow
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
buy an AP if you plan on going to the parks for 10+ days or so in a year. the room discounts arent as good as they used to be & arent guaranteed. there are some other benefits w an AP, so i would look at them & see if it makes sense to you to get an AP.

squijee
01-07-2008, 09:03 AM
I wonder if there is any chance for ap rates to come out for late march and early april...think so?

Christine
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
I wonder if there is any chance for ap rates to come out for late march and early april...think so?

I would seriously doubt it, though I would LOVE to see it as I am an AP holder and going late March. But with Easter and spring break peak times, they have no reason to offer a discount as they will have no trouble getting the rooms filled at rack rate. :(