PDA

View Full Version : getting dessert only??

Belle94
01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ever stopped in at a table service restaurant for dessert only. We would like to order dessert from Kona mid afternoon one day during our trip in April but do not want a meal. Can you do this? Do I need to make an ADR for dessert only?
Thanks!

MomPoppins
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I posted a similar question on another board and never got an answer, so today, I did just this! Booked an ADR with the intention of getting JUST dessert...so, if you do it, you won't be the only one!

angedeaile
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I have heard of plenty of folks doing just this and yes, you would need an ADR for dessert, since you will need a table to eat at.

Anywho, nothing is wrong with getting just dessert, so no worries and enjoy.

Pirate Granny
01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I booked a reservation for dessert only at Jiko a few years back...the server was NOT pleased and he came back and actually make us change tables so we wouldn't be in his section...I did speak to the Manager after, but he didn't really seem to care that the staff was rude, so I would be ready for some displeasure from the wait staff...I was going to do this the past week, but changed my mind as I didn't want to take a dinner reservation during the holiday week when I knew I just wanted dessert.
:pirate:

Belle94
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know how busy Kona tends to be for lunch? We have only been there for dinner. I might just take my chances and try it as a walk up.

ThanxForNoticin
01-03-2008, 12:44 PM
We have already done dessert only, and also an appetizer and dessert. I think most folks will see absolutely nothing wrong with that. And if you are planning on something slightly off 'prime time' (you mention going to Kona mid-afternoon), then you should have no issues with just walking up. If you are going to be there during the busier times for lunch or dinner, then an ADR would be wise. Enjoy!

jans2kids
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
We did dessert only at 50's Prime Time Cafe. We made ADR's and as mentioned in other posts the waiter did not show displeasure that we only wanted dessert but he did not interact with us like he did with other famalies that were there for a full dinner.

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I would suggest not only making an ADR, but also going at an off-peak time. You are less likely to be met with an "attitude" if you're not occupying a lucrative table during the dinner rush.
Because our last meal at Sci-Fi Diner was just so-so, we have decided to just do dessert/milkshakes in the early afternoon, as we will be traveling with family members who have never been. Sci-Fi offers a great atmosphere, but it's not really worth using a TS credit, when there are so many better meal options.

bleukarma
01-03-2008, 03:45 PM
And if you are planning on something slightly off 'prime time' (you mention going to Kona mid-afternoon), then you should have no issues with just walking up.

I learned the hard way this weekend that Kona is closed from 2-5. So if you do plan on walking up make sure you make it there before 2. :thumbsup: