PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast At The Maya Grill

NJGIRL
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
We are looking to do a buffet breakfast without any characters since my son will be 10 and nephew is 14. We did Boma the last time and now are looking at the Maya Grill. Can anyone who has had breakfast there tell me how it compares to the buffets at Cape May, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys's which all have been good but basically the same. We have enjoyed all of those places and are looking for something similar.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
:( On our last trip this was the only nice breakfast we did and we were very disappointed...there is nothing special or unique about it at all and for the price I was expecting a lot more.....very little variety, the biscuits were kind of dry...the scrambled eggs seemed to be those powdered kind, it was kind of below the standard I was expecting....I heard their dinner was a lot better, but I never tried it....BTW, this was during Christmas holidays the busiest time and all other restaurants we ate at were packed....I only saw one other family eating there so that should tell you something....this was Dec. 2005 so there is a chance that things have changed but unless you can confirm that go somewhere else.

NJGIRL
01-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the info. There is nothing worse than being hyped up for a good meal and then being dissappointed.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
We enjoy the breakfast there when we stay at Coronado Springs. I love the breakfast burittos. That being said it really isn't anything special and does not warrant going out of the way for. It does not even begin to compare to the other breakfasts you mentioned. Crystal Palace is by far the best breakfast buffet in WDW IMHO. We love it!!! Just becaue the kids are big doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the food at a character breakfast. Just give them a quick wave and a smile and they'll move on.

NJGIRL
01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Just becaue the kids are big doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the food at a character breakfast.

I agree with you but it's not worth having two kids unhappy for an hour while we are there.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Too bad they couldn't ham it up for an hour, Crystal Palace has one of the best breakfast buffets in all of WDW. Good luck finding something that suits everyone in your party. With all of the restaurants in WDW I'm sure you'll find something.

P.S. - One of the best things about having breakfast in the CP is that they allow you to make ADRs prior to the parks official opening, meaning when you are finished with breakfast you're already in the park before everyone else! (and ahead of the lines)

NJGIRL
01-04-2008, 09:12 AM
P.S. - One of the best things about having breakfast in the CP is that they allow you to make ADRs prior to the parks official opening, meaning when you are finished with breakfast you're already in the park before everyone else! (and ahead of the lines)

We have had breakfast there quit a few times in the past and yes that is a nice perk. :D

Besides Boma which we have already been to for breakfast can anyone think of another Buffet Breakfast without characters????:confused:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
:) Does it have to be a buffet? I've heard breakfast at Kona is awesome, the menu looks good enough to please everyone and no characters.....

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
:) Yacht Club has a non-character breakfast buffet....Garden Grill at the Swan has breakfast buffet and it doesn't say it is character so you may want to try it.

tinkerbell04
01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
We ate at Fresh in the Dolphin several years ago and it was by far the best breakfast buffets that we have ever eaten. There was fresh egg and omlette stations and fresh pancakes and waffles. We would dine there more often, but it isn't included in the dining plan and we usually book that with out stay. We have enough food with the plan, that we can't seem to justify spending more money :)

NJGIRL
01-04-2008, 04:47 PM
My husband (who doesn't ask for much) wants to do a buffet. These are great suggestions!:thumbsup: Definately places I wouldn't have thought up my self. Thank you everyone!!