PDA

View Full Version : something going on Jan 24 - 31?

Erica9901
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi all,
We are planning a last minute trip to WDW. We've been many times and this year had planned on going somewhere else, but plans changed - long story.
Anyways, I prefer to go to WDW in January b/c there aren't crowds, its not hot ect. Well, I got online and started trying to book our hotel, but there's no rooms @ the Wilderness lodge, so I tried the Poly, and then Beach - no rooms. I thought something's wrong, so I called and it turns out there is a hard time getting a room for those dates (and the week before!) Is there some event or something I don't know about?? or is this typical for such a last min booking, and there will still be hardly any crowds?
I just don't want to go there expecting one thing, and be disappointed.
Thanks alot
Erica

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-02-2008, 06:38 PM
i hope not... we're there the 21-25... i don't want crowds.

Strmchsr
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Two issues going on here.

1.) There's not an "uncrowded" time any more. However, there's better times than others.

2.) Disney does not keep all of their rooms available at all times. They only have the rooms "online" that they think they can fill. This allows them to not have excess staff around doing nothing. So, if they anticipate a resort being around 50% full, they will make that number of rooms available. So, just because you're having a hard time finding a room does not mean the parks are going to be jam packed.

Now, what to do about this dilemma? I would suggest getting in contact with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They know how to navigate the system and can often get you what you want even when you're struggling to figure it out on your own. Second possibility is just wait. Often they release more rooms closer to time.

There are conventions, cheer leading competitions, etc all going on during January, but that shouldn't make all resorts booked up. I would give MJ a shot and let them work their magic for you.

Erica9901
01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks! Thats good news - I was really hoping that the parks weren't going to be crazy busy! I'll call MJ tomorrow
Erica

FenwayGirl
01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
There are weekend events (dance teams etc) Jan 18 - 20th plus MLK week. Try booking without the weekend dates.