PDA

View Full Version : Good and Unique CS at Epcot

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I need a little help, I know I'm planning to death, but I want the best experience, so here's my question:

Which of the following would you choose for CS at Epcot?

Kringla Bakeri (Norway) for open faced sandwiches? Anybody had one?
Sunshine Seasons
Lotus Blossum
Yakitori House

This will be our last meal of our 10 day trip (lunch) and we are eating a big breakfast that morning....we are already eating at Yorkshire Fish and Chips and Cantina San Angel earlier in the trip as well as TS at Germany, Morocco and Canada, so we were hoping for something unique but good...be specific on what to order and why you like it....Thanks for all your help.

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Yakitori House would be my pick. The sandwiches at Kringla don't seem to be the main draw there. I haven't had them but they look a little flimsy for a meal. Sunshine Seasons gets a lot of recommendations, and may be best for variety but I prefer to eat at World Showcase. Lotus Blossom is just okay, pretty standard Chinese takeout but with fewer choices and not great food. Edible, but I've had much better.

Yakitori House is more unique, to me, and they have a few different kinds of things to try. I've always had good food and service there.

Crow
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
havent had the open face sandwhich. i usually get schoolbread which is a meal in itself.
i liked Lotus Blossom. the remodeled it recently.
Yakitori i didnt like as much. id go the to TS over CS there.
Sunshine i looked at but havent eaten at yet as i prefer WS also

Duchess99
01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I would do Sunshine Seasons. It has a great variety and the food always seems very fresh.

playdead88
01-02-2008, 07:44 PM
i vote lotus blossom - we have gone there every trip and the food is always good and the service is awesome - we have never waited longer than 15 min from the time we walked in till the time we were all sitting down eating! :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
There's something about the eggrolls at Lotus Blossom that keeps bringing us back!

Kairi_7378
01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
If you want to continue eating through the World, I would do Yakatori House. If you are going to be doing attractions in Future World, I'd consider Sunshine Seasons (and snag one last ride on Soarin'!)

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM
:secret: I really prefer World Showcase myself, but would be willing to do Sunshine Seasons if its a lot better....I'm still conflicted but it looks like its Lotus Blossum or Yakitori House...which was my original dilemma and I only added the other two after looking at menus....

The Flying Dutchman
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I for one really enjoy the open face sandwiches. They are delicious and very filling. The Mrs. and I had them in Sept. and both decided that it would become a part of every trip to the World. PLUS you can get the lefse for dessert!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info, I think you're the first to actually try them....that's more to my mom's taste, but I was leaning towards an asian style cuisine....maybe we'll grab something from each and share...thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I for one really enjoy the open face sandwiches. They are delicious and very filling. The Mrs. and I had them in Sept. and both decided that it would become a part of every trip to the World. PLUS you can get the lefse for dessert!:mickey:

What is lefse? I've heard of the schoolbread but not that.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Sunshine Seasons

The Flying Dutchman
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
What is lefse? I've heard of the schoolbread but not that.

Lefse is a thin, flat potatoe pancake (think of something similar to the look of a tortilla shell) that is covered with butter and sugar or cinamon sugar and then rolled.

Its also known as AWESOME :mickey:

Red Randal
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I'd lean towards Sunshine Seasons but it can be pretty hectic sometimes and the food at Yakitori is surprisingly good and different from any Japanese I've ever had before.