PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard Barbecue

Madame Leona
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
A recent guidebook rated Mickey's Backyard Barbecue a close second to Hoop Dee Doo for dinner shows. The only thing preventing it from being first was that it is seasonal. Has anyone been there recently? This book made me think I would like to try going there on our next trip.
Thank you in advance for your help and input.

GrandFlo
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
We have not tried this yet, but paln to. We have friends that went last summer and they LOVED it. They said it was so much fun.

busterthebronco
01-02-2008, 10:50 PM
its great but we love to laugh and the hoop de do is hilarious!
the bbq is yummy and perfect chracter interaction.

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 12:28 AM
The food is way better at Mickey's backyard BBQ, but the show is more geared to the little ones. My sons were 10 and 11 1/2 when we went, and they found it way too kiddyish. We have done Hoop-Dee-Doo two years in a row, and that was their first restaurant choice when we were discussing this summer's upcoming trip. We will be going with my brother, his wife and two kids (DD-15 and DS-13) all newbies, and my boys are busy making a must-see list of attractions and things to do. HDD was right at the top (along with Quest, go figure), but no interest in the BBQ

Madame Leona
01-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the input. After reading the last post is sounds like a good place for us to try. My boys will be 2 1/2 and 11 months so all they really want is character interaction.

bouncer
01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
be advised...while we were there I did hear some complaints: it is outdoors in a shelter. If weather gets cool it can be chilly, however if it is humid you won't get much of a breeze. Also, the food is hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs, chicken, watermelon, potato salad & mac and cheese. It is typical picnic food. We liked it but some of the other guests were apparently expecting more.

The show itself IS cute. DS is very into cowboys. This was sooooo up his alley. It is very country music style oriented. Again, great for us. If you are not interested in this style you could be in for a let down. At our show there were several other parties grumbling. To each their own. We loved it.

==Steph

goin2disney
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
We loved this show. It was so much fun for the boys! I am in the minority here but I am not the biggest fan of the Hoop Dee Doo. For me it was a one time thing but we would go back and do Mickeys BBQ.:thumbsup: