PDA

View Full Version : Artyboy's Surprise Christmas Trip December 25th - 29 Day #5

artyboy
01-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Cast:

Me (artyboy) - 40ish and lifelong Disney Freak.:mickey:
My Partner (Jack) - also 40ish, but a step or two down the Disney Freak scale.:blush:

Day #5:

We finally sleep in...as we were exhausted from the EMH at MK.

...and we're moving slowly...

Our bodies are making noises that only someone over 40 can understand...maybe I pushed us too hard last night?:scratch::scratch:

So...I had initially planned to drag us around the parks this morning for a "Greatest Hits" tour...but actually heard myself say..."Let's just get our gift shopping done and head out."

...who said that???:confused:

So, we get up...coffee...shower...pack...load up the car, and head over to our hotel's gift shop...we need a cookbook for our friends Landon and JoEll, dear friends of ours that we've turned into Disney freaks...we do that with many of our friends.

Next we head to the Grand Floridian, as I wanted to see what the new Basin White shop was all about...Wow...totally different stuff...so, I drop some more $$$ and have another bag to carry.

We hit the main gift shop there, and I FINALLY find a t shirt that I must own (I go 2-3 times per year...I have pretty much since 1976...and I have NEVER found a shirt that I like, other than a classic Mickey).

It was in the kids department, and I think that it was meant to be a PJ top...but it's awesome...it has the monorail and castle with the spiel line from the monorail "Por favor mantengese ajehadro de las puertos." (Pardon my spanish spelling...I took French) So I got an XL...and we're off to the downstairs shop.

Landon and JoEll just got married back in September (and they Honeymooned at WDW...see, I told you we convert all of our friends) so I wanted to get them a "Just Married" Christmas ornament...got it!

..and then we were in the car saying goodbye to WDW yet again...sad, but not heartbroken like I've been in the past. We have 1 more day left on the passes and I know that Jack has a travel show up in Orlando again this year the first week of June (right in time for my birthday!!!). So, I'll most likely tag along for that and spend some time then...

...and we're busy planning our summer trip to Paris as we speak...(I'll get the trip report on last years trip ASAP...just gotta locate my diary.)

Final thoughts:

We really love going at Christmastime...and the crowds, like I said were HUGE, but the people seemed nicer than they can when it's hot [I]and[I] crowded.

I didn't get all "Commando" on this trip (except for our last night:blush:...it did make for a more relaxing time.

Sometimes you can be surprised when you go back to a restaurant that you had written off. I'm going to try and remember that when I plan my next trip, and not stick only to the handful of places that I usually haunt.

That's it, kids...Paris trip coming soon.

Thanks for reading!

:mickey:

NotaGeek
01-02-2008, 04:46 PM
:clappy:

Thanks for the reports!

I am stoked to read about Paris! :tiphat:

MizMissy
01-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Wonderful reports. I enjoyed reading them.
Sounds like a great trip (well, it is WDW afterall, how can it not be great?).

Thanks for sharing!!

*tinker_belle*
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Great reports! Sounds like you two had so much fun. I also can't wait to read about Disney Paris!!!

AbeeNormal
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Your reports were great.:thumbsup:

I'm going to be 40 in Feb. & I too make creaky little noises, you'd think I was an old door. :eek2:

Overall it sounds like you had a great trip, I love the fact that you bought a shirt out of the kids department.:D

I really look forward to your trip reports in Paris. :artist:

:haha:Can you hurry up - I'm leaving for WDW in the morning.:funny:

Hair_Razor
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Fantastic! So when are we going to Paris:D!?!

BronxTigger
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
:haha:Can you hurry up - I'm leaving for WDW in the morning.:funny:

I guess you'll have something to look forward to when you return home!

Thanks for the trip reports. I enjoyed reading them and I too am looking forward to the Paris reports!

KylesMom
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
As usual, your trip reports were full of fun and details. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. :mickey: And I'm sure looking forward to your DLP reports, too!:D

dolphinmickey9170
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for sharing your awesome trip. I can't wait to read about Paris. :mickey:

BeccaO
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Did you happen to find that shirt in the store on the second floor right inside the door coming from the monorail on the right side??? We are going there next week and I want to look for that shirt!!!! Sounds like a cute one!!!:thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I have really enjoyed reading your reports, it sounds like it was a great trip. I am anxiously awaiting the report on Paris :)

faline
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Sounds like your shopping trip was successful!

Thanks for your reports! Sounds like it was a really fun trip!

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Youre reports were great.

YOU WROTE: Our bodies are making noises that only someone over 40 can understand...maybe I pushed us too hard last night?

LOL....my body makes some creaky noises at 32!