PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip for Oct. 2008

KateMW
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Hello All~

I'm new to the site and pretty much new to Disney. I've been once a long time ago when I was 9, so I'm pretty sure things have changed! Anyway, I'm planning a trip for my family, which is Me, my DH and DD (who will be 4 and a half at the time of the trip) and we're looking at staying at the BCV. We picked this resort because we need two sleeping rooms...Our daughter is a light sleeper and her daddy snores. Anyway, I had a few questions about the villas and if that would be the right choice for us.

First, are the villas in good condition? Are these like condos at the beach? Each individually owned? Are they all decorated the same? Or am I going to be at the hands of the owners who haven't redone the rooms in years!

Second, are they worth the extra hassle (such as having to ride the bus)? We looked into staying in a suite at GF or the Poly, but seeing as how I have to pay this vacation off a week after we get back from 10 days in NYC for my 30th birthday, we'd like to save the money. So, if the villas aren't worth it, does anybody have any suggestions for another resort that would give us a suite like room without suite prices? Do those exist?

Third, what are the cons of staying at a Villa vs. a regular deluxe room? Is there maid/turndown service in the villas or are we on our own? Also, if you don't like the BCV, but do like Villas, which ones do you like?

My last question isn't related to the BCV, but I was wondering about the free dining thing I keep seeing mentioned on the boards. Is that still going on? What is it? Do I want it and if I do, how can I get it?

Thanks in advance for the help. I would love to know everything y'all know about Disney Deluxe and Villa resorts, so fire away!

Kate
:mickey:

DVC Mike
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
First, are the villas in good condition? Are these like condos at the beach? Each individually owned? Are they all decorated the same? Or am I going to be at the hands of the owners who haven't redone the rooms in years!

They are not individually owned nor individually maintained. They are owned and maintained by Disney, but DVC members can spend their points to stay there.

Second, are they worth the extra hassle (such as having to ride the bus)? We looked into staying in a suite at GF or the Poly, but seeing as how I have to pay this vacation off a week after we get back from 10 days in NYC for my 30th birthday, we'd like to save the money. So, if the villas aren't worth it, does anybody have any suggestions for another resort that would give us a suite like room without suite prices? Do those exist?

We love the villas -- so much so that we bought into DVC ourselves and only stay at the villas. BCV is great if you love Epcot, as it is only a 5 minute walk away!

Third, what are the cons of staying at a Villa vs. a regular deluxe room? Is there maid/turndown service in the villas or are we on our own?

If you book the villas through normal WDW reservations, you will get daily mousekeeping, just like any other resort.

Also, if you don't like the BCV, but do like Villas, which ones do you like?

We love the 4 DVC resorts we own at: Beach Club Villas, Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villas, and the BoardWalk Villas.

I was wondering about the free dining thing I keep seeing mentioned on the boards. Is that still going on? What is it? Do I want it and if I do, how can I get it?

The "free" dining isn't really free. You only get it when you pay close to rack rate, with no discounts.

KateMW
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for all the help, Mike. I think I'm pretty happy with our pick of the BCV. We do have a 3 year old, so Magic Kingdom will be a big draw, but we might just drive over since we're renting a car to go to Discovery Cove, Sea I booked my package through the website, am I correct in assuming that I booked a normal reservation?

I also have another question. In my excitement while booking my reservation yesterday, I didn't sign up for the DDDP which I meant to do...can I change that or am I going to have to cancel and rebook?

Also, if there anything I should know about BCV to get the best room? I read something about balconies or lack there of.

Thanks Y'all! I love this site! I'm going nuts reading everything!!!:rocks:

KateMW
01-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all the help, Mike. I think I'm pretty happy with our pick of the BCV. We do have a 3 year old, so Magic Kingdom will be a big draw, but we might just drive over since we're renting a car to go to Discovery Cove, Sea World, etc. I booked my package through the website, am I correct in assuming that I booked a normal reservation? I am a horrible housekeeper, so I'm sure my husband is worried! LOL

I also have another question. In my excitement while booking my reservation yesterday, I didn't sign up for the DDDP which I meant to do...can I change that or am I going to have to cancel and rebook?

Also, if there anything I should know about BCV to get the best room? I read something about balconies or lack there of.

Thanks Y'all! I love this site! I'm going nuts reading everything!!!:rocks:

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Mike pretty much covered it all. The BCV are wonderful and you won't be disappointed.

I'd just call the Disney reservations center and ask them to help you add on the DDP. (or you could use Magical Journeys and they will take care of everything for you).

Personally I would just hop the bus to the MK since the parking lot is "off site" from the park and you'll have to jump on either the monerail or a boat to get there. Way too much trouble if you ask me, just hop on the bus and let Disney do the driving for you.

Have a great trip!

Happy early 30th!!! I turned 31 this year, a little harder than 30 because now I officially "in my 30s"!!! LOL!!! What a great place to spend your 30th. We love the city so many wonderful things to see and do. There is a great little italian place to look for if you ahve the time. If I remember correctly the name was "Il Vagabando" I could be wrong but they had great food and an indoor bocce court!!! The last time we were in the city was for the Sopranos season premier and after party, quite a while ago. Now you've got me thinking I think we need to go back!!!

Jillirose
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
We usually walk to Epcot and take the monorail.

Jillirose
01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Just noticed you are traveling with a three year old, my suggestion included a fair amount of walking.

Septbride2002
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
My daughter is one who will not fall asleep unless in a quite room that is dark - once asleep she can sleep through anything. We found our one bedroom villa to be fabulous and convenient. Mike coverd all the basics and I do feel the villas are worth the extra money.

Have a wonderful time!

~Amanda