PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Epcot Eatery???

KAT1811
01-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Okay everyone. I know that every Epcot table service eatery is not included but there are so many of them that I couldn't fit them all on one poll. Any experiences that you all would like to share would be great!!!

Feel free to add anything that isn't included in the poll and I will add that into the results.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
:) since we've only eaten at San Angel and Chefs De France, I don't want to vote yet, but we do plan to eat at LeCellier, Biergarten and Marakesh next trip...We also plan to try Coral Reef, generally I think Epcot is the hands down winner in parks for restaurants....

jwildflower1981
01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
The Coral Reef is my all-time favorite, followed by The Garden Grill. I haven't been able to get into LeCellier, but this time I'm doing it right and making my ressies exactly 180 days prior.

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Our favorites are Chefs de France(mostly a sentimental favorite- quality can be up or down) and San Angel Inn (mostly an atmospheric favorite because it's not the best food but not bad). Marrakesh is also good (food and atmosphere, consistent). We enjoyed Teppanyaki and we like Rose and Crown.

I liked Le Cellier but find it vastly overrated here. Our worst dining experience ever, bar none (even outside of Disney), was Coral Reef, and we'll never go back.

dmosher
01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
OK I know originality goes out the window on this discussion, but...
Le Cellier is still our favorite. What I can't help it. Say what you like, the steak is amazing, the wine selection wonderfully complimentary to the meal, the service excellent and the atmosphere very romantic. What more can you ask for?
:pipes:
D

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I picked Rose & Crown...it may not be as "special" or fancy as some of the others, but we've never had such great service, or just an all-around good meal anywhere else at Disney.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Our favorites are Chefs de France(mostly a sentimental favorite- quality can be up or down) and San Angel Inn (mostly an atmospheric favorite because it's not the best food but not bad). Marrakesh is also good (food and atmosphere, consistent). We enjoyed Teppanyaki and we like Rose and Crown.

I liked Le Cellier but find it vastly overrated here. Our worst dining experience ever, bar none (even outside of Disney), was Coral Reef, and we'll never go back.

We are eating there next trip...can you tell me what was bad? Food, service, specifically? Thanks

pogo
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
My favorite was not on the list so I couldn't vote.

The Garden Grill is my favorite. :thumbsup:

pox24
01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
For a liquid dinner its Rose and Crown...

For something a little more solid, its Le Cellier

:thumbsup:

KAT1811
01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
My favorite was not on the list so I couldn't vote.

The Garden Grill is my favorite. :thumbsup:

I'll be sure to include it in the results post. As I said before unfortunatly I couldn't fit all of the Epcot eateries on one poll. Too many to choose from!!! LOL!!!

SBETigg
01-02-2008, 03:50 PM
We are eating there next trip...can you tell me what was bad? Food, service, specifically? Thanks

At Coral Reef? It was a lot of things combined. My husband's steak came to the table still frozen on the inside. Frozen! He ordered it well done. They took it back but the rest of us had already been served and I didn't want to eat without him, so my food got cold because it took over an hour to get his food back. That was my fault, that I waited, but it wasn't that great when I tasted it anyway. I had a fish dish. It shouldn't have taken more than an hour for an improperly cooked meal to be returned to the table.

The entire meal took about four hours. And not one apology for the bad food or nearly non-existent service. Plus, it was our arrival day and as the hours wore on, we all got tired and cranky. A little service would have gone a long way to redeeming our opinion. But it was also years ago now so I wouldn't let it worry you. It's not even the same menu. It's just that after an experience that bad, there's no going back (even though we usually do believe in second chances).

jwildflower1981
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak
We are eating there next trip...can you tell me what was bad? Food, service, specifically?

We go to the Coral Reef everytime we go to DW and have never had a problem of any kind. Food is always terrific! Service is ok, not the best, but not horrible. My DH gets the steak ordered well done everytime and it has never been over cooked. The loberter Bisque id to die for. Don't let one persons bad experience ruin it for you. Have an awesome trip!!!!!:party:

Polynesian Dweller
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Picked Le Cellier, we've never had anything but top notch food and service here. Loved the original Akershus but it lost a lot of its very different buffet when it change a couple of years back.

Jeff
01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
:thumbsup:I have eaten at many and like many. Really like Marrakesh and Rose and Crown; San Angel is good; neiter Japan nor Chefs de France are my kind of food or place; you couldn't drag me back to Akershus; Nine Dragons nothing special. Never tried Italy or Germany (can't stand the smell of sauerkraut).

My favorite is Le Cellier. I just had the absolute best Mushroom Fillet Mignon there on Christmas day. It was the best food I have ever tasted!

GrmGrninGost
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
The Coral Reef is my favorite! We've eaten there several times and the food is always great, as is the service! Also, the view is quite stunning! There's nothing like watching the sharks, sea turtles and other fishies while you eat! :mickey:

Crow
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
i based this on my last trip, when Marrakesh was a good meal.
i skipped Le Cellier that time since ive eaten there a lot but its my fav otherwise.
AKershus is not as good as it once was.
R&C is ok.
looking forward to trying the rehab places in Japan now.
San Angel has by far the best atmosphere, but the food doesnt seem to live up to the looks of the place
Coral Reef wasnt bad last trip
R&C for the:beer: mushrooms and Sticky Toffee Pudding
Chefs was one of my best meals one trip, yet one of my sosos other times.

jszczur5
01-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Le Cellier - hands down!
Make sure you catch the revised O Canada afterward.

DDuck66
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
I knew that LeCellier would win, but we had such a wonderful experience at the Rose and Crown this past summer that I had to vote for it. The service was EXCELLENT, and the food was great as well. The server was willing to spend lots of time with us and we really enjoyed it.

mjaclyn
01-03-2008, 12:08 PM
My favorite has to be Rose & Crown with Le Cellier as a close second. I love the food at both restaurants but Rose & Crown wins out on atmosphere and service. We had an amazing view of Illuminations from our table last time and can't wait to do it again!

animalkingdomguy
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
This was tough. We love Akershus and Rose & Crown as well be Le Cellier is handsdown the best of the best.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
We have never and I mean never had anything but excellent food and service at LeCelliar. Hands down the best dining experience we have had consistently and we have eaten there at least 10 times.

RAIDER
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
It used to be Le Cellier ..but now i prefer Marrakesh

KAT1811
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Okay, this was a tough poll due to the large number of Epcot eateries. The poll centered around the World Showcase tale service restaurants and unfortunatly Garden Grill and Coral Reef were excluded from the poll but never-the-less still recieved some votes!!! And now lets see how the dining around the world Disney style ranked!

Another victory by a large margin! Le Cellier took in 45.5% of the overall votes! I guess we now know why it is so hard to get ADRs for the restaurant, everyone loves it! Good luck jwildflower1981!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

We have never and I mean never had anything but excellent food and service at LeCellier. Hands down the best dining experience we have had consistently and we have eaten there at least 10 times. - FromKnoxvilleto Disney

I haven't been able to get into LeCellier, but this time I'm doing it right and making my ressies exactly 180 days prior. - jwildflower1981

Coming in at second place is Marrakesh with almost 12% of the vote! I was certainly surprized by this one. I guess I'll have to look a little closer at this eatery. I'm glad to know that there are some new and interesting eateries out there!!

It used to be Le Cellier ..but now i prefer Marrakesh -RAIDER

Third place goes to (my personal favorite) San Angel Inn. San Angel took in 10% of the votes. I love the atmosphere and food at this eatery, the ambiance is wonderful for us.

San Angel has by far the best atmosphere, but the food doesnt seem to live up to the looks of the place - Crow

We have a tie for fourth between Teppanyaki and Biergarten; with each eatery taking about 9% of the votes.

In fifth place we hace Rose & Crown with 7% of the vote. I was a little surprized by this ranking as well. I always here such great things about the R&C fish and chips.

My favorite has to be Rose & Crown with Le Cellier as a close second. I love the food at both restaurants but Rose & Crown wins out on atmosphere and service. We had an amazing view of Illuminations from our table last time and can't wait to do it again! - mjaclyn

The service was EXCELLENT, and the food was great as well. The server was willing to spend lots of time with us and we really enjoyed it. - DDuck66

I picked Rose & Crown...it may not be as "special" or fancy as some of the others, but we've never had such great service, or just an all-around good meal anywhere else at Disney. - ibelieveindisneymagic

For a liquid dinner its Rose and Crown... - pox24

France and its eateries came in sixth with 6% of the votes.

Our favorites are Chefs de France(mostly a sentimental favorite. . . - SBETigg

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall came in at the bottom of the voted for restaurants with 1.5% of the vote. A couple of you thought that it is now a shoadow of it's former self.

This was tough. We love Akershus. . . - animalkingdomguy

AKershus is not as good as it once was. - Crow

Loved the original Akershus but it lost a lot of its very different buffet when it change a couple of years back. - Polynesian Dweller

Tutto Italia and Nine Dragons both failed to shine above their competitors and failed to recieve a single vote. With so many fabulous eateries around the World Showcase that isn't too surprizing. Thank you all again for voting! I'm having fun with these polls and are really enjoying reading your opinions. Look for the next results post soon!!!

The final rankings are:

1.) Le Cellier

2.) Marrakesh

3.) San Angel Inn

4.) Biergarten
4.) Teppanyaki

5.) Rose & Crown

6.) Bistro de Paris / Chefs de France

7.) Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

8.) Nine Dragons
8.) Tutto Italia