PDA

View Full Version : Water Park Newbie

Chase'sPoohBear
01-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Both my DD11 and myself have never been to a water park. We are non thrill seekers, who are scared of heights. We are basically interested in the lazy river and the wave pool. My question is what water park would better fit us? Also, what do you do with your hotel-charge card when your in the water? Thanks for your help!

Taja
01-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Can't help with selection of waterparks, as I don't do them. Best guess is most people will recommend TL.

However, you can purchase a water resistant card/key/cash holder at the WDW resorts that can be hung around your neck. They are about $7 each, if I remember correctly. They will hold one or two cards (ID/resort/CC) and a bit of folded currency.

ThanxForNoticin
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Both waterparks are fun, but based on your description, I would recommend Typhoon Lagoon. Keep in mind, Blizzard Beach was built as a "ski resort" (Disney theming!) and melted into a water park. That being said, there is a lot of climbing and are many more hills at BB, which might be something you'd like to avoid. TL is flatter. Both have fun Lazy Rivers and wave pools. Have fun!

Dream'nDisney
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
IMO, TL has a much nicer lazy river. It has that tropical theme and nice music piped in. Aaahh

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I think TL is the place for you.

:mickey:

krorx
01-02-2008, 10:16 PM
TL would be my pick for you. BB has a lot more slides with height to them. TL was more tranquil and fun for those who like to laze around. We rented a locker and put our cards, wallets, etc in that. They give you a key which you hang around your wrist so you can go back and forth to your locker as needed. We also brought our own beach towels and a bag to carry them in, as well as sun screen, etc. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I agree, TL is better. And I use one of those little plastic waterproof "safes" to keep my room key and cash in when I go to a water park.They do have the lockers, but if you want to purchase lunch or a drink etc you have to go back and forth to the locker. Not a big deal if you are close but the water parks are quite spread out too.

Chase'sPoohBear
01-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Where can I purchase a waterproof safe? I've never heard of it.

Piglet822
01-05-2008, 06:17 PM
The poster is referring to the plastic, waterproof containers that you can purchase at the waterparks. They are just big enough to hold a couple of cards and maybe some cash.
I usually put my driver's license, debit card and my park ticket in mine.
You can get them at the water parks.

busterthebronco
01-06-2008, 09:23 AM
tl has a wave pool with real waves (like tidal waves)on and off.
bb has just small waves.
rent the locker its the best thing.
we rent towels too.
they are like $1.

ChrisF
01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I am not a pool person, hate getting head under water. That being said. I'd only do the water parks if I are staying and long time at Disney and it is in the hot months of the year. I stay on the Lazy Rivers which is very relaxing. TL is a good one, BB has some cold water that comes down on you in one spot, where TL has warm water or at least the same temp as the River. I found the wave pool at TL was a bit strong and knocked me down, I was not that far in. I did try a few slides and the big raft, not bad, but I did it once!
Other wise the Hot Tub and pool at the resorts is enough water for me. :vacation: