PDA

View Full Version : Strategy: Gambling on a discount?

FaithTrustPixieDust
01-02-2008, 10:46 AM
We are planning to go in the fall, and know that room discounts are often offered during that time. Of course, you never know for sure the exact details and which resorts. Also, I'd like to make my reservation way in advance, and the discounts may not come out until later.

Question: Should I book the resort that best fits our budget, and then upgrade if/when the discounts come out? Or should I book the resort I really want, in hopes of applying a discount, and then downgrade to a cheaper one if we can't get a discount later?

Next Question: Do the discounts ever apply to the Poly, or is just entirely too popular?

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2008, 11:12 AM
:party: Try contacting Magical Journeys, they can best answers these questions and their service is free...I was told by one of their staff that if you book with them, they will check daily for discounts and you will be notified the day the become available...if you book ahead and pay ahead you will receive a refund.....

Crow
01-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I would book where you want now, then discounts can be applied if applicable.
when i use MJ they automatically change my reserve to discounted rate if it applies. not all places have discounts in each deal, and of course it all depends on how booked the places are already. i never stayed at Poly, would like to but $$ prohibits it. mayb someday i can do a day there.
im awaiting the next set of discounts myself for end of Feb, then for midMay.
of course if you book where u want, it may add to them being booked enough there where they wouldnt need to offer discounts. and when i had WL booked, the discounts werent as available.
if you do use MJ how about bokin where you can afford now, then let them know that you are interested in Poly in case of discount.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
We had a similar decision when we went to Disney for our honeymoon.

We booked POP, where we could afford to stay, and then when free dining came out, we upgraded to POR. (I have to admit that we're moderate people now...and haven't been back to POP!)

I would book where you can afford, and book with Magical Journeys. They are spectacular, and will rebook you automatically if you want when a discount comes out (or at least get you the discount at with your current reservation). I'd hate for you to get caught at a high price that makes you worry, and less likely to enjoy your vacation.

CanadianFan
01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Magical Journeys is terrific! Wendy told us up front that if any discount came up after we booked, it would be applied to the account -- and it was! Wendy is super-fantabulous-awesome :number1:, and even tho we haven't taken our vacation, I have recommened their services to several people interested in a Disney vacation. You can get a quote from them no-obligation from their website.

JPL
01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Listen to the wise and use Magical Journeys book your resort and when a Discount is offered they will magically get you the dicounted room :mickey:Nothing better than recieving na e-mail saying your new rate is less than the current and you saved money :cloud9:

MNNHFLTX
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I would book what you can afford right now and then upgrade when discounts come out. Keep an eye on on the front page of INTERCOT and on the Accommodations forum, as threads related to available discounts will be "stickied" to the top of the page as they become available. Or, as suggested previously, you can let the good people of Magical Journeys do the work for you, as they are the ones who provide with the information about the discounts.:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Always book within your means. Never count on a discount when it comes to Disney. Bookings are up which means discounts will be fewer and further betwwen than in years past.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Listen to the wise and use Magical Journeys book your resort and when a Discount is offered they will magically get you the dicounted room :mickey:Nothing better than recieving na e-mail saying your new rate is less than the current and you saved money :cloud9:

:ditto: