PDA

View Full Version : Where do you cruise?

dmosher
01-02-2008, 05:42 AM
For anyone who has already done the Disney Cruise, which one/ones have you done and preferred?
While I have done both the Eastern and Western Caribbean Cruises (back when there were only 2 choices), I still prefer the Eastern Cruise, mostly for Nassau and the Atlantis Hotel.
Now that there are so many choices, what's your favorite?
:pipes:
D

Ed
01-02-2008, 07:04 AM
We've done the 7-night Eastern (St Martin, St Thomas, CC) and the 3 night Nassau/CC. We were supposed to do the 7-night Western (Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, CC) next month but had to cancel due to illness in the family. :(

There will be even more choices in 2009 as DCL adds St Croix and Tortola as ports of call.

And it will be interesting to see what the choices will be when the new ships arrive in 2011 and 2012. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
01-02-2008, 08:59 AM
We've done the 3 night, are doing the 4 night next month and are looking forward to a 7 night Western sometime in our future.

I had tried to book the 14 night Eastbound repo cruise but had a bad experience with a travel agency that WASN'T Magical Journeys (boy, did I learn MY lesson :rolleyes:).

In our experience, the 3 night was just too short!

DisneyDudet
01-02-2008, 09:03 AM
I've done an Eastern and a 4 day, and checked the Eastern, as the 4 day wasn't good to me.

We are planning a 4 day in the summer, with two stops at CC, so that might make it better!

Ed
01-02-2008, 10:34 AM
In our experience, the 3 night was just too short!

I couldn't agree more, Ellen. Entirely too short. We knew from our earlier 7-nighter what amenities the ships had to offer, and the 3 night didn't allow us nearly enough time to take advantage of very much of it. For example, we spent a grand total of about one hour in the pool.

Experiment626
01-04-2008, 05:02 PM
My vote is for the 7 night eastern. I have done 1- 3 night, 2-4 nighters, 3- 7 night Westerns and 1- 7 night Eastern and i just love the 3 days at sea to be able to sit by the pool, reading and relaxing.:mickey:

Tink1
01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Have done the 3 night a few times and it is WAY too short. If I do that cruise it is because I have meetings before and after at WDW and it is all I can fit in. The 4 night is better, but not perfect.

My absolute favs are the Western Ports though, so my cruise of choice is a 7 night western in a balcony. Bliss.:cloud9:

Nanci