PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser: Couples

NotaGeek
01-01-2008, 11:35 PM
DARN! I totally missed this week because I forgot to tell TiVO to record! Did anyone watch?

Pipalotta
01-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I watched it and there are people I already dont like. Not sure who I think will win. Interesting concept but not so good when one member of the pair isnt as into it as the other one. The little twist they threw in there was def interesting to say the least.

ChipnDaleGal
01-02-2008, 05:35 AM
DARN! I totally missed this week because I forgot to tell TiVO to record! Did anyone watch?

I taped it, but haven't watched yet. I did watch a marathon of Biggest Loser Australia on Fox Reality yesterday. I was in heaven watching a favorite show, and hearing all those gorgeous Aussie accents.

Not2Loud
01-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I also watched the Biggest Loser Australia the other day...not bad. Yesterday, Season 2 on Bravo. I taped "Couples" opener last night and will probably watch it tonight.

Jenemmy
01-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Oh NO!!!!! You mean I missed it! Dang -- I think 2008 snuck up on me too fast.....wish I had remembered. Anybody up for posting a Cliff Notes version of the show?

tinklover
01-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I watched it last night i would post cliffs notes for ya buti don;t want to spoil it for those who recorded it and are planning on watching it tonight. i can message it to you if you would like but i won;t just message ya with out permission.

ChipnDaleGal
01-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Once the show has aired, it is perfectly acceptable to post details here. Anyone that hasn't watched and doesn't want to read spoilers should avoid the thread. That is true of any thread we have on any TV show. So feel free to post any details from last night's show that you want.

c&d
01-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I watched is last night and I think I may like this couples format. It makes for very interesting dynamics among the members of the team and the other 9 teams. As the tension mounts it will be interesting to see how the teams handle it.

I was impressed by how much the teams lost last night and I can't say I was sorry to see who the voted off.

MNNHFLTX
01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I watched last night's show, mainly because there wasn't anything else on TV that I felt like watching. They have some interesting teams for this season. For some reason I like the pink, black and blue teams--I really think they put that extra effort into what they're doing. As far as the green team being voted off, I felt bad for the daughter. Even though she lost the least amount of weight, her heart was in it, but her father's was not. And it all just seemed like lip-service to me when he said that he would keep up his efforts to lose weight once he was off the show.

I'm not usually a regular viewer of this show, but I might have to tune in more often this season. :)

tinklover
01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Once the show has aired, it is perfectly acceptable to post details here. Anyone that hasn't watched and doesn't want to read spoilers should avoid the thread. That is true of any thread we have on any TV show. So feel free to post any details from last night's show that you want.

OK thank you.

so here are the Cliffs Notes:
there are 10 teams of 2 with 1 team who was just put together they never met before the show. all the teams had to go up this hill go around the marker and come back down and they got to choose their trainer of choice(bob and jillian) so now that each trainer has the 5 teams they go on to the first weigh in. some were shocked at how big they actually were.
the grey team i believe it is was the heaviest at 799lbs combined weight. their first actual competition they had to walk or run with this huge ballon same color as their team and cross a finish line. first team to cross would recieve 2 lbs off tehir weight at the first weigh in last team got 2 lbs added. everyone then goes back to the house and they continue to work out even though they are hurting.
the green team fatehr and daughter hasd issues. the daughter is working out and the dad does not want to. she goes to confront him and he is complaining of blisters and she leaves him there where he goes to bed and she goes back to the gym to cry . he gets up before everyone and goes and works out. you then have the last chance work out with teh trainers and then weigh in . the weight losses were amazing the grey team ( heaviest) each lost over 20 lbs in a week , WOW. the green team father and daughter and the purple team best friends and fat camp councelors are under the yellow line. here is the kicker instead of the usual 24 hours to deliberate who is getting voted off they had an hour to decide. the green team was sent home due to the father not really wanting to be there. DOn;t forget to watch Tuesday night at 8 . see yall here Wed morning lol.

bleukarma
01-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I finished watching it this morning. The couples format is different. It’s sad that if one person doesn’t give 100% then the other team member gets punished too, like the green father/daughter team, the pink mother/daughter team, and the white husband/wife team. Between the father/daughter team and the two best friends team I’m glad the green team went home. Even though I felt that the daughter really wanted to be there, the father didn’t really and it seemed like both friends were committed.
I can’t really say which team I like best yet. But if I had to choose a winner I would go with the former teammates team (black or grey, I forget). They have the most weight to lose so I think they hold a bigger chance of losing a lot. From the commercials for next week it seems that Julian and Bob have come together to work as a couple to train the couples!! I like that!
No Kim?

caryrae
01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I would kinda like them to change the way people or kicked off. I think it should be just whoever lost the least % of weight should be kicked off not voting. This way there is no scheming, like the guy last season who gained 30lbs on purpose. Also like last season towards the end the black team kept voting off the other color teams because they had the most people voting.

conorsmom2000
01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I saw the couples show and liked that format - it should make things interesting. I kind of felt bad that the green team went home - I know the Dad didn't give it 100% but I definitely think that he needed more time for the trainers to get through to him. His size, age and where he carried his weight really scared me - he really needs to lose that weight! And I felt terrible for the daughter - she just wanted it so bad!!

I have to say the trip to the Hospital was really interesting - the part with the heart and the fat definitely freaked me out a little. But, I think it was a good eye opener for them.

I was also surprised by the weight losses this time - definitely more like the old BL's days (as opposed to last season).

Oh, and I heard that Kim is out and about promoting her new book and that's why she's not on this season.

c&d
01-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Also like last season towards the end the black team kept voting off the other color teams because they had the most people voting.

I thought it was rather funny when it came to near the end the black team ladies hung together and voted the blue team woman off. Anyone could see that the guy was going to lose way more weight then the two women were. Because they stuck with the "black team forever" mantra the 2 women essentially blew their chance to win in the end.

MNNHFLTX
01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, I haven't even made through the whole show and I'm already not liking the purple team women. The thing about the calling cards is what really annoyed me--I'm sure they were disappointed but plenty of young people don't even call their parents for extended periods of time. And back before I had kids I still think I would have deferred to those with children, knowing how important it would be for them to talk to them.

bleukarma
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
I really liked the brown team, I'm sad they are gone. But I think I agree with some of the other teams, I think they got it more then the yellow team did so they would be more successful after going home. It seems like the Hall of Shame, or whatever it was called, really affected them.

When Jay called his wife she seemed like she really didn't care to talk to him. He started crying and she was like "DON'T CRY!!" and not in a very loving way. I like the 2 brothers team but I have to wonder what home life is like for at least one of them.

The numbers were shockingly low this week. Maybe Bob and Julian don't make such a good duo after all??

NotaGeek
01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
You know, this season is weird. There is just SOMETHING that bugs me. I think part of what worked with the single player seasons is that they are completely separated from their lives ... and they can really focus on what they are doing. The people that come as a couple have someone to lean on, feel sorry for them and maybe that is affecting what they are doing a little. :confused:

LibertyTreeGal
01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
I feel bad for Amanda, but I was happy to see Neill go. You could really see the resentment from the other players. I am not really enjoying this season, but I have to say that i like the fact that they are at least trying to do the right thing from week to week (although I hated seeing the brown team go, I figured that they made the wrong call there). But we aren't there, we just get the edited version so it's hard for me to judge the situation.

c&d
01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Not the least bit surprised that the white team is gone. Neill just wasnt' into it. I'm surprised they got picked to be on it in the first place since it looked like he really didn't want to be there.

I like the couples idea. I think it will help them all when they get back home since they will both have gone through the loss together. They can help each other when the going gets rough back home.

I image it's hard for the single players when they get home and no one around them has been through what they have been.

I think the next team off might be the Purple team. They are just not losing any weight.

ChipnDaleGal
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I am not really enjoying this season very much yet. I thought it was the "couples thing" throwing off the show at first. But now I think my problem is that they are stretching too little show over too much time. There is no way that it is entertaining enough to run for 2 hours per episode. I find myself fast forwarding through the first hour and a half and just watching the weigh ins and vote off. My favorite team is the Blue team that were strangers when they started. And I like the ex football players, but all the other couples strike me as extremely whiney this time. Maybe that is the couple factor coming into play. You can whine more when there is someone in your inner circle to listen to it. :confused:

LibertyTreeGal
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Last night's challenge was great. I loved watching Paul trash the other teams on the group challenge. It was probably the first thing I have enjoyed this season.

I hated the letters bit, it went on waaaaaaay too long.

And I have to say this - Pink team -- the first to be "unjustly eliminated" because they deserved to be there and weren't below the yellow line? This after they tried to eliminate the Team of the week? Dang, unreal.... yes, they always gave it their all and yes they deserved to be there, but gosh please don't be blind to the fact that you got yourself in that spot.

I hated that the yellow team got singled out, I hated the water loading, but I was thrilled to see the immunity thing knock everyone's plans out of whack. :D Looks like the producers have learned some lessons from seasons past.

Goofster
01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm getting annoyed with the way the show is going. It's promoting the 'game' too much. The original premise of the show was to promote weight loss, reward hard work, and help the contestants change their lives. Instead, the show is becoming more like 'Survivor' and relying too much on cheating and manipulation, which to me, is lowering the standards of the show.

NotaGeek
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm getting annoyed with the way the show is going. It's promoting the 'game' too much. The original premise of the show was to promote weight loss, reward hard work, and help the contestants change their lives. Instead, the show is becoming more like 'Survivor' and relying too much on cheating and manipulation, which to me, is lowering the standards of the show.

I think that many viewers are naive if they think that this show is merely about weight loss. There is a $250,000 prize attached to the title Biggest Loser. While losing weight is important, most of these people's lives will be equally changed by the money.

It would be more interesting to me if they merely took 12 lucky people and gave them the opportunity to change their lives in 3 months and be on the Biggest Loser and lose weight and work through the demons that come with being obese. The whole challenge, kicking people off, drama required to play the game and still try to lose weight is what really takes away from the more important message that the show could promote. :soapbox:

bleukarma
01-24-2008, 12:47 PM
And I have to say this - Pink team -- the first to be "unjustly eliminated" because they deserved to be there and weren't below the yellow line? This after they tried to eliminate the Team of the week? Dang, unreal.... yes, they always gave it their all and yes they deserved to be there, but gosh please don't be blind to the fact that you got yourself in that spot.

I agree. Talk about being sore losers! At least they admitted it.

I also hated the way the yellow team was singled out for the week. It seemed so unfair to them. I really don't blame them for going after the people that went after them because those people obviously aren't your allies. At first I thought it might be smart of them to knock off the orange team (since they couldn't get rid of black) since orange also puts up high numbers every week. But orange seems to be allied with them. Of the two teams that tried to vote them off (pink and purple) pink was the biggest threat since purple can't seem to get their numbers up. Even though I kind of liked the pink team, I think they made a decent choice.

Goofster
01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I think that many viewers are naive if they think that this show is merely about weight loss. There is a $250,000 prize attached to the title Biggest Loser. While losing weight is important, most of these people's lives will be equally changed by the money.

It would be more interesting to me if they merely took 12 lucky people and gave them the opportunity to change their lives in 3 months and be on the Biggest Loser and lose weight and work through the demons that come with being obese. The whole challenge, kicking people off, drama required to play the game and still try to lose weight is what really takes away from the more important message that the show could promote. :soapbox:

Have to disagree with you there. There definately is a game factor that has always underlyed the show, but this season (and somewhat last season), the producers are really putting more emphasis on the game part. You can't ignore that. It's gotten to the point where the game is taking precedence over the rest of the show.

ChipnDaleGal
01-30-2008, 05:22 AM
I am really struggling with the way Bob made up his Blue Team. It is certainly tipped pretty far to the Blue Team now, and I don't like that. I am sure he does want to beat Jillian, but he might has well have said out loud, "I only want the men on my team". He certainly crushed that poor Blue Couple. I was uncomfortable watching that whole part and it makes me like this season even less, and I can't help but think less of Bob as well. I hope those underdogs can get it together and come back and kick Blue Teams behinds.

c&d
01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
I have to agree with the way Bob picked his team. But he was smart, he knows that the men have the most weight to lose so he stacked his team. I'm not sure I like the way this is playing out. I think I would have enjoyed it more if they kept it as couples all the way thru. For me, breaking them into individuals ruins the entire premise of the show that it was about couples losing the weight.

Looking at the coming attractions, it looks pretty interesting. I had a feeling about the yellow team's feelings.

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh man..... I wanted Jackie gone as soon as she pulled the "Swear on your kid's graves that you won't vote me off without telling me first" bit. I would never dream of back anyone into a corner like that, and to have the nerve to be angry about being betrayed? After they personally threw the weigh in to get those two booted?

Give me a break!

Jenemmy
02-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh man..... I wanted Jackie gone as soon as she pulled the "Swear on your kid's graves that you won't vote me off without telling me first" bit. I would never dream of back anyone into a corner like that, and to have the nerve to be angry about being betrayed? After they personally threw the weigh in to get those two booted?

Give me a break!

Yeah -- Jackie had it coming. She was so tacky to bring the whole "swear on your kids lives" into it and then to keep going on and on about how the two guys did it. You brought it up, sweets, not them!

I have always been such a Bob fan, but I am so glad that the black team spanked the blue team this week at the weigh in! I think they are really showing us a new side to Jillian that we haven't seen before as well. I'm not as afraid of her as I use to be -- LOL.

Oh -- I thought the cooking challenge with Rocco was a lot of fun to watch, too....

BelleCiavo
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM

Give me a break!

Ooh, me too. She's been a "game" player since day one and now she's upset because she gets played herself. Buh-bye

ChipnDaleGal
02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I love the fact that the Blue Team came back and just CRUSHED the Black Team!! And it was very satisfying watching Jackie get the boot. The previews for next week look like something really shocking happens. I wonder if the son does something crazy to get revenge for his mom's ousting. Maybe he really water loads so the Black Team loses again. I am sure he knows he is odd man out on that team now, and he seems like such a mama's boy. He might just want to go home with her and decided to take his team down a little in the process.

BelleCiavo
02-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I'll miss Trent. :( I like the Blue Team, I'm rooting for the Blue team, but if I was ever on the Biggest Loser I would want to be on Jillian's team. Poor Bob. He had his pick of the litter and now Jillian's team is picking his guys off one by one.

Mollywobbles
02-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I was really rooting for Trent and Roger. I almost cried at the end of tonight's episode, but I am really happy for Trent too. He's lost a total of 112 pounds so far! That's amazing! I can't wait to see him at the finale. I'm hoping that he's the winner out of the players who didn't last until the end.

Now I'm going to be pulling even harder for Roger.

Jenemmy
02-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Trent -- what a great guy!! I'm sorry he went.

Was it just me, or did anyone else spend the first 10 minutes of the show repeatedly looking at the TV and saying "Get a grip, Dan!!!" That whole thing seemed a little melo-dramatic to me.

Also, I don't think Mark is winning any friends. Did you guys hear the way he snapped at Ally during the challenge :confused:?

bleukarma
02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Last nights episode really opened my eyes to a few things.

First, Trent is a real stand up guy. Way to go Trent!!!

Second, I am so over Mark!!! Before the challenge he was all “we have to win this! This is an important one!” and then after the challenge when they didn’t win he says “I’m glad we didn’t win, we didn’t need this one anyway.” What??! I do find it admirable that he was willing to step up to the plate behind Trent to offer himself, but only after Trent offered first. Mark just seems like a hard guy to live with. He seems like he always has to be right and when he isn't he gets mad.

Also, I’ve always loved Bob since I first started watching this show a few seasons ago. But last night he came out and admitted that he picked the strongest teams on campus to win. Then when they didn’t he walked off and said how disappointed in them they are. Disappointed? They may have lost the weight-in but besides Jay they were pulling some solid numbers. At least they didn’t get beat by 10 pounds instead of just 1 pound. He is supposed to be their trainer which means he is supposed to be there through the good and the bad. And the fact that he brought up that they should start in with the game-play just really put a sour taste in my mouth.

LibertyTreeGal
02-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeah, the quip at Allison really shocked me, it shocked her too. However, I have to say that tensions probably run high when you are doing something like this and probably the drama she dishes out gets really old really quick. So unless I see it as a pattern I'll let it slide.

I was happy for Trent, if I had a baby bunny that cute and tiny I'd want to be home too! What a beautiful boy, oh my goodness!

GO BLACK!!

I like Bob, but I didn't like how he overwhelmingly stacked the deck. I want Jillian to win just because of that....

I do think that Jay probably took it easy because he had the immunity, never thinking that they would need him to win it. I was very disappointed with Maggie though, I think that she took it easy too, for the same reason.

BelleCiavo
02-13-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm really getting tired of Kelly and her tears, I see it as manipulation. If black loses again I hope she is gone.

c&d
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I really liked Trent and was sorry to see him go. But when you saw him at home with his son I was really happy for him. I think his son has the most beautiful eyes.

I would really like to see the brothers go, they really bother me. The brothers from the black team last season bothered me also. What is it about the brothers on this show?

:ditto: with Kelly and the tears.

LibertyTreeGal
02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Paul was definitely the right choice to go, good grief he had no right to cop an attitude with what he did while he was home. But who was the chick rolling her eyes -- Brittany, right? Give me a break....

Blue team has redeemed itself in my eyes, what a fantabulous win!!

conorsmom2000
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I definitely agree with Kelly and the tears - enough already. But, I didn't get the animosity between Paul and Brittany - did I miss something?

In a way, I do think Paul was the right choice, but I find it hard to believe that Black will win another weigh in without him - Brittany and Maggie (who did have a good week!) usually pull really low numbers. The blue team just crushed them this week - it was unbelievable.

But....Mark? That man gets on my very last nerve! :mad:

But, I have to admit, I'd probably snap at Allison too - I'm not a fan of her hosting this show.

Jenemmy
02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Was anyone able to watch last night? I tried to DVR it, but when I got home, I had an hour of "Quarterlife" followed by the Clinton/Obama debates. I assumed there had been a schedule change and Biggest Loser wasn't on.

Then, I went to the show web site today and it had an episode recap and listed who was eliminated last night :confused: How did I miss it??? Sounds like it was a good one, too!!!!:mad:

LibertyTreeGal
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I watched, it was a rough nite. jay won a trip to Vegas for the Blue Team and they all got tatooed. The challenge was completely unfair, no way three women and a man could compete with three men. Lifting heavy weights, and all that.

Anyway, weigh in was interesting. Black team did very well, and when Blue team found out they had to lose a total of 34 pounds they started talkin' trash. At that point, i wanted them to go DOWN. In fact, mark, who talked the most trash, only ended up losing 1 lb. He talked everyone on the team into eliminating him and he went home because, truly he had almost no more weight to lost and he wanted to rest to continue in the competition. He does look awesome though.

c&d
02-28-2008, 10:01 AM
I knew from the start of the show when the Blue team was saying how good they are that they would lose the weigh in.

And the whole tattoo thing was a little over the top.

I have to say that the blue team is playing it very smart with sending home the one with the least amount to lose.

bleukarma
02-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I would have thought that Mark would be the last one to have an emotional break-down! I guess he really became close to his brother during the 10 months they were together. Good for them!!!!

I don’t see why he wanted to stay in the first place (except for not wanting to leave Jay) because he was at 201 pounds. How many more pounds did he want to lose?!!?! Roger still needs to lose weight so I think the decision would’ve been easy.

I think Dan got an awesome tattoo, but did he flake out on the “pride” thing? I thought they all went there to get “Pride” put on them but I didn’t see it on Dan’s. Maybe it’s hidden in there somewhere.

I didn’t like how Maggie was talking about how their tattoo’s were stupid. They weren’t her tattoos so I don’t know why she had to make fun of something that is important to someone else. It just got on my nerves.

It sounds like Blue really made a great bond with each other. I still like the Black team since they are the underdogs. Good for them for pulling through and beating the cocky team!!!

tinkerbell04
02-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I thought that the blue teamm was an emotional wreck! They really have bonded and I hope that they continue to remain close after the show. Sending Mark home was clearly the best strategic move for the team. I really like most of the people on the show this time and I am always amazed by the results!

ChipnDaleGal
02-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I thought that reward challenge was really tipped in favor of the Blue Team. I am glad that it spurred the Black Team on to work so hard. I was supremely happy to see Mark go, as he has been a jerk most of the show. Dan has a big trash talking mouth and I am so glad that the Blue Team lost the weigh in. I am really rooting for one of the Black Team to be the overall winner.

bleukarma
02-28-2008, 11:30 AM
I thought that the blue teamm was an emotional wreck! They really have bonded and I hope that they continue to remain close after the show. Sending Mark home was clearly the best strategic move for the team. I really like most of the people on the show this time and I am always amazed by the results!

Happy 1,000 Post!!!!! :party: :fworks:

bleukarma
03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, I'm sad to see Bernie go. He was doing well with is weight loss though!

I found it interesting that the only people that voted for Kelly were people on her own team. Or rather former team, since everybody is on their own now. Good for Roger for actually sticking with his word. I doubt Kelly even remembered what was said 2 months ago. The smart decision would have been to send Kelly home since she had more weight to lose but I guess Roger wanted to stick to his word.

NotaGeek
03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
The smart decision is to keep Kelly because she's the weakest player and has the smallest chance of losing more weight than anyone else ... they are all playing for the money at this point ... Bernie could have won the whole thing, unfortunately Kelly has no chance.

ChipnDaleGal
03-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I agree with you Michael. Those three guys knocked Bernie out because he had the best shot at the money on the Black Team. I was sad to see him go. He is one of the few players that I like this cycle. He is doing great back at home. I hope he can win the money for most weight loss among the ones sent home.

LibertyTreeGal
03-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Bernie is smokin hot, he looks amazing!!!!

Sorry to see him go, I liked him....

BelleCiavo
03-06-2008, 08:14 AM
I would have thought that Mark would be the last one to have an emotional break-down! I guess he really became close to his brother during the 10 months they were together.

10 months? :confused:

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 08:20 AM
10 months? :confused:

opps....10 weeks! :blush:

c&d
03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I wish they had voted Kelly off. I'm sooooo tired of her whining, saying how everyone is against her and crying. Can she just be quiet already?

I really liked Bernie also, he looks great.

LibertyTreeGal
03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Finally, an elimination guaranteed NOT to make me sad.....

I am SO SICK of all the eye rolling with those two. Can they please eliminate them both?

And kudos to Jillian, I have given Allison a long chance, but she is NOT the host that Caroline was. She seems to have no compassion at all. Either that or her writers are giving her awful material.

Carol
03-12-2008, 07:39 AM
I disagree. I did not like Caroline as a host. Ali has a lot of compassion. He was heavy once herself and still struggles to maintain what she has lost. She cannot read minds. I thought Jillian was out of line.

I am so sick of the whining from the gals. It's based on percentages of weight loss per body size and has nothing to do with being male of female.

disneydrmr
03-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I have to agree with Carol... Jillian was out of line last night. Allison does have compassion - you can see tears in her eyes at the eliminations and the happiness she felt for everyone last night as she saw the eliminated contestants was genuine!

I do agree with you about the elimination not making me sad... the complaining and eye rolling needs to cease... BUT... I'm also sick of the '1, 2,3 PRIDE'.. thing... can those men be anymore arrogant? And what's with Maggie stating that she worked so hard, etc etc.. didn't she admit to Jillian in the room before the weigh in that she had been having issues with her food intake?

MissStyles
03-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Finally, an elimination guaranteed NOT to make me sad.....

I am SO SICK of all the eye rolling with those two. Can they please eliminate them both?

I agree - those 2 are so rude - I've watched every season except 1 and 2 and I don't remember anyone ever acting the way they do. I don't even mind that they left it as a "cliffhanger".

scootch713
03-12-2008, 09:37 AM
ditto the eye rolling. I loved too that Ali looks so great... i think it made Brittany realize that she still has a long way to go.

Hope Brittany goes... as Jen will fall below the line again next week.

LibertyTreeGal
03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't know, yes she seems compassionate, but this is the first season where I have seen contestants and/or trainers making nasty comments to the host. I have also been angry at some of the things Ali says -- if I were in a high stress situation like that I would not find the remarks helpful and I would probably snap at her too, they seem like she is rubbing people's faces in things. I am sure she doesn't mean to, but that is how it is coming across.

MissStyles
03-12-2008, 11:05 AM
It may not be Ali (the host's) fault personally. The producers probably tell her to provoke to get some sort of "action or drama" and she's probably following a script. Who knows....I wouldn't want to host that show.....!:hide2:

disneydrmr
03-12-2008, 12:38 PM
It may not be Ali (the host's) fault personally. The producers probably tell her to provoke to get some sort of "action or drama" and she's probably following a script. Who knows....I wouldn't want to host that show.....!:hide2:

Whether planned or unplanned on Ali's part.. she sure seemed to be rendered speechless by Jillian's outburst...even Bob looked a bit shocked over it... definitly unscripted...

LibertyTreeGal
03-12-2008, 12:51 PM

Yeah, and I mentioned that in a previous post, that it may be scripted. I just remember the former contestants talking about how Caroline was always sticking up for them between takes -- even scolding the producers and crew for making them wait too long or having them out in the sun between shots.

But I agree that the "drama" factor has been notched way up this season, and i don't like it. We all know the stakes, we watch this to see the transformations, not to watch them poke at these people with minute by minute reminders of their mistakes, shortcomings, or what is happening. Or at least that's not why I watch it.

Jenemmy
03-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I do agree with you about the elimination not making me sad... the complaining and eye rolling needs to cease... BUT... I'm also sick of the '1, 2,3 PRIDE'.. thing... can those men be anymore arrogant? And what's with Maggie stating that she worked so hard, etc etc.. didn't she admit to Jillian in the room before the weigh in that she had been having issues with her food intake?

Oh you are SO right. Maggie is up there talking about "What more could I do???' type stuff when she flat out admitted to "mindlessly eating" (which, by the way -- I am doing right now! LOL - Anyone want a jelly bean??)

I don't know -- I was sitting there last night muttering about Mark being back (not my fav., although he looks great), muttering about Dan and his arrogance, muttering about Brittney and Maggie and my dh finally said "Do you like ANYONE on this show?" LOL. It dawned on me that I didn't really CARE who won anymore!

As far as Jillian -- YIKES -- she so scary! I just didn't get that whole episode. A) the wieght loss is based on percentages, not actual pounds and B) Brittany's "bad week", from our perspective, just looked like a whole lot of pity party over Bernie being gone and Ali, who has lost more weight on her own, being back. She is one of those people I think I would just have to tell to "....get a grip ....with BOTH hands!":secret:

I think the blue team is just mentally tromping those black team members with their tatoo bonding and such -- LOL

c&d
03-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I taped the show but I don't think it taped the entire show. Did anyone get eliminated this week? The last part I have is Brit and Maggie talking to the camera and then it stopped taping.

ChipnDaleGal
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I taped the show but I don't think it taped the entire show. Did anyone get eliminated this week? The last part I have is Brit and Maggie talking to the camera and then it stopped taping.

They did not get to the elimination part. Guess they will start there next week. That is part of my displeasure with this season. Beside the fact that I don't feel like rooting for any of these people now that Bernie is gone, they are stretching these episodes out way too long with nothing very interesting happening. I told a co-worker today that I really would like to just quit watching, but now I feel like I want to know how it ends. So I will keep taping it in my DVR and fast forward a 2 hour episode down to 15 minutes.

c&d
03-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Thank you ChipnDaleGirl.

I am finding that I dislike this season also. Previously I watched when it was on, but now I tape it so I can fast foward through most of the show.

bleukarma
03-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Everything that Ali says sounds scripted to me and I think she is bad at saying it! Every time I watch the show I think “If she is doing this bad at reading a script on a reality show, I’m glad I don’t watch her soap opera!” At least Caroline spoke to the contestants like she was speaking to them…not trying to remember what to say. With that being said I think Julian went a little over the line. She could have stopped at “leave her alone” and not went on to chew Ali out.

I personally don’t like Maggie at all but I actually like Brittany so I hope Maggie goes. I don’t like how they left us with the cliff hanger this week. To spend an entire 2 hours watching this show and then not see an elimination…it’s ridiculous. I agree that this season has become more about drama then about the weight goals. It seems like they've thrown in extra dramatic turns like 2 eliminated players coming back and trainers picking their teams and everyone against 1 team. I just want to get on with the finals and see who wins and not have to watch all the extra game-play!

I thought I liked Dan but I found myself being annoyed by him. It seems like he sarcastically reiterates everything that has already been said. They will show something happening and then they will cut to Dan making his remarks about it. I know it has more to do about how they edit the show then about how Dan really is but it has really started getting on my nerves!

AdventurerKim
03-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm disappointed there was no elimination this week, and we have to wait until this Tuesday to find out who got voted off.

It seems like on every season there's at least one whiny woman who spends more time complaining than anything, which is how I feel about Kelly, Brittany (who I like other than her whining), and Maggie. Now that Bernie's gone, it's like they've given up, and that's disappointing. I feel bad for the returning girl (can't remember her name off-hand) coming onto the black team with the others.

LibertyTreeGal
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
what happened? Cub scouts got rescheduled so I missed the whole show :(

Jenemmy
03-19-2008, 08:38 AM
what happened? Cub scouts got rescheduled so I missed the whole show :(

I'll give ya a rundown:mickey:

It opened with the elimination we should have seen last week. Maggie got the boot. Brittany was upset that all her buddies were gone.

Next, they were all sent to Macy's where Tim Gunn of Project Runway met them and played personal shopper ((favorite line: when Roger showed Tim the bizzare and LOUD shirt he liked and Tim responded "that's a lot of look" LOL). All the contestants showed Tim their taste in clothes, and then he picked an outfit for each of them that they got to keep AND they were each given 1000.00 gift cards to Macy's. I think the most touching was Alli who welled up with tears when she saw how small her new dress looked on the mannquin.

They all got make overs. The most dramatic was probably Dan who got his hair chopped off (looks so much BETTER) and I thought Kelly's hair turned our really nice as well-- straightened and layered. All of the sudden, you could see her cheekbones. They got to walk the runway sporting their new looks and they had a loved one at the end of the runway waiting to see them.

Jillian was frustrated for her team (Brittany) that her weekly numbers were so small and was brainstorming ways to overcome. Meanwhile, Roger and Mark way got into it over -- jeesh what was it over?? Mark felt bad that he came off as a jerk early in the show and Roger jumped all over him, telling him he has changed and telling him not to apologize for competing etc....Mark just though Roger was mad because Mark's behavior use to take the heat off of Roger but now it doesn't.

Challenge was walking on a treadmill backwards, suspended over the pool. Creative, huh? Mark won with Alli a close second. They lasted over an hour!!!! He got a trip to some spa resort that escapes me right now.

It was Jay and Brittany below the yellow line and Brittany went hasta la bye bye. I can't recall who the biggest loser of the night was....Dan, maybe???

Mrs. Bee
03-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah...dan was the biggest loser of the week.

I did not like his new hair. It looks really feminine on him.

I LOVE Tim Gunn.

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 05:52 AM
This has been the worst season of this show by far for me. The only person I could be a little happy to see win would be Jay. I wish he wasn't Mark's brother, but he seems like a sweet guy. I loved the way he squealed and ran to his wife from the runway. I just hope that neither Dan or Mark win. The arrogant remarks that fly from Dan's mouth make me sick, and Mark has rubbed me the wrong way from the first episode.

Carol
03-20-2008, 08:45 AM
The most dramatic was probably Dan who got his hair chopped off (looks so much BETTER) I'd say. How he thought that long-straggly-parted-in-the-middle hairdo looked good on him all these years - is beyond me. I cannot believe no one ever told him about layers. :rolleyes:

Of the remaining group - I'm rooting for Roger. :)

c&d
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Of the remaining group - I'm rooting for Roger. :)

:ditto: I really want Kelly gone. She's been driving me nuts since day 1.

I love Tim Gunn and I thought they all looked really good. Not real sure about Dan's hair, I thought Alli looked great. I gotta say the men all looked fantastic.

Jenemmy
03-20-2008, 12:53 PM
This has been the worst season of this show by far for me. The only person I could be a little happy to see win would be Jay. I wish he wasn't Mark's brother, but he seems like a sweet guy. I loved the way he squealed and ran to his wife from the runway. I just hope that neither Dan or Mark win. The arrogant remarks that fly from Dan's mouth make me sick, and Mark has rubbed me the wrong way from the first episode.

Totally agree with your whole post (I also agree with your Sawyer avatar, but that's another thread - LOL). I kind of like Alli, also...she has done a great job. Her mom kind of drove me nuts, but I think she is OK.

Jenemmy
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah...dan was the biggest loser of the week.

I did not like his new hair. It looks really feminine on him.

I LOVE Tim Gunn.

Dan's hair --- I guess I thought it made his face look thinner....of course, you couldn' even see his face before, so maybe not! LOL.

I love Tim Gun, too. I wish he could come over and make sense out of my closet. Actually, I wish he would come bearing $1,000.00 Macy gift cards!

Mrs. Bee
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I would like to see Ali win. To prove that women can lose weight too! She looks so good! She almost weighs what I weigh! Crazy! Go Ali!

LibertyTreeGal
03-25-2008, 11:59 PM
After that challenge it was pure pleasure to see the boys at the bottom and the girls at the top. heheheheh.... revenge is sweet.

Dan does look great :) and they made the right choice, Mark isn't much of a threat anymore. He is very lean now.

ChipnDaleGal
03-26-2008, 05:23 AM
I guess I am mean, but I loved seeing arrogant Dan crying like a baby when he realized he was toast. After all his ugly comments it was satisfying to watch him go down.

conorsmom2000
03-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I guess I am mean, but I loved seeing arrogant Dan crying like a baby when he realized he was toast. After all his ugly comments it was satisfying to watch him go down.

Well said!!! :thumbsup:

I haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread, but I was happy to see Dan go last night. I think he's done great, and he's pretty funny at times, but I'd had it with his attitude. I was so thrilled to see Kelly and Ali on top - it was definitely a blow to the ego that all the guys needed. The look on Dan's face when Kelly weighed in was priceless - but even afterwards he was like "I never, ever expected the women to pull it off". Ugh!

I really haven't understood their team mentality this season - any time a guy has gone under the line, they've been like "the boys have my back". But, don't they realize only 1 of them can win - and they are each other's biggest threats??? They may manage to work it so that the 3 boys in blue are in the final 3 (is it 3 or 4?) but there is still only 1 winner - I just don't get why they are sticking together, therefore making it harder as individual for them to win. At least Dan has a chance to win the at home prize now. I've really just gotten sick of their attitudes.

But, I did love the part about hiding the cake - that was pretty funny!! :D

Jenemmy
03-26-2008, 07:40 AM

I loved watching him freak over his lost cake:secret: lolol!

Those boys needed a good slice of humble pie. Hope the girls serve it to them again so there are two men and two women going into the finale.

IloveDisney71
03-26-2008, 08:21 AM
I loved watching him freak over his lost cake:secret: lolol!

Those boys needed a good slice of humble pie. Hope the girls serve it to them again so there are two men and two women going into the finale.

I totally agree. I was glad to see Dan go home - he really was self-involved. I loved the fact the girls were 1st & 2nd!!! Good for them. I hope they can do it again. :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I was laughing my head off over the whole cake incident. I had a hunch it was probably Roger that had hid it.

I"m soooooo glad that the boys were on bottom last night. I'm just so sick of their arrogance. Esp. Dan and Roger. Everyone gets the idea that they are 'a team' but the way they act is ridiculous. Loading the girls' tables as they did.. how stupid and arrogant was that? Jay is the only guy that I 'semi like'... so I'd be ok with seeing him or one of the women win at this point.

Not quite about the show.. but related.. Jillian has put out her own exercise DVD... says you could lose 20 lbs in 30 days...or something like that. I bought it for only $10 over the weekend. Haven't tried it yet. I also have 2 other of the the Biggest Loser workout dvds.. anyone else buy them and use them?

Bethis26fan
03-26-2008, 03:53 PM
I was also glad to see the guys on the bottom. I would love to see one of the girls beat them. I'm just sick of the ego's. I bet you Dan was wishing he would have taken Jay out last week instead of Brittany.

c&d
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
I was happy to see Dan go. I had liked him in the beginning but he got so darned arrogant as time went on.

Now if only Kelly would go, I'd be a happy camper.

LibertyTreeGal
03-28-2008, 12:42 AM
i haven't cared whether or not a woman wins until this season and darnit, I want one of them to win. I am sick of the men and their childish antics. Good grief, it's like watching a reality show about frat boys.

bleukarma
03-28-2008, 01:13 PM
i haven't cared whether or not a woman wins until this season and darnit, I want one of them to win. I am sick of the men and their childish antics. Good grief, it's like watching a reality show about frat boys.

I agree! The whole “pride on three” gets a little old!!! I’m happy that they found friendship but it’s a game, and they aren’t playing it right. The whole thing that bothered me was when Dan’s mom went home he swore that he was going to pretend to be part of the boys group and then start taking them out, kind of like revenge for his mom getting voted out. But he never did, he always stuck with the boys. I think if he would have kept his original plan then he would have a shot of being in the finale, especially since this is the first time he dropped below the yellow line. I bet he regrets taking those bits of pizza and hot dogs at the challenge now! It was awful that they piled up the girls tables at the challenge, but I’m kind of happy they did because it opened Ali’s eyes up to how deep the “blue vs. black” and “girls vs. boys” thing has been. I think she’s been torn about who to side with, and after this challenge she knows she has to stick with Kelly.

DMApixie
04-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Wow, I'm surprised that there aren't any comments about this weeks episode yet.

My random thoughts: Australia was beautiful, and the ABL 'campus' was amazing. That was quite a challenge! It was nice to see a total stranger encouraging Kelly to keep going and telling her she was doing great. Although I'm not a big fan of Mark, I thought it was very classy of him to wait for Ali so that they could finish the challenge together. :thumbsup: I LOL'ed when Mark's wife basically told him to 'man up' and stop crying already. Glad to see the girls come out of the weigh-in without an elimination two weeks in a row!

IloveDisney71
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM
...Although I'm not a big fan of Mark, I thought it was very classy of him to wait for Ali so that they could finish the challenge together. :thumbsup: I LOL'ed when Mark's wife basically told him to 'man up' and stop crying already. Glad to see the girls come out of the weigh-in without an elimination two weeks in a row!
I also thought it was very cool of Mark to wait for Ali. I'm glad they got to share the prize.
My co-worker and I were just talking about the guys being such cry-babies and how we died laughing when Mark's wife said that to him!!!
I'm very proud of the girls!:)

bleukarma
04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
This week was a good episode! Australia was fun to see! I didn’t know Julian and Bob were trainers over there too! And yeah…the campus over there is awesome! It was fun to see them all hang out in Australia. Looks like they had a great time!

That challenge was a hard one. It made me tired just looking at them! It was nice to see Mark wait for Ali. I think his weight loss has made him a nicer guy! Haha! Yeah, it was funny to hear his wife tell him to man-up!

Ali looks great, she is so small!!!

Jenemmy
04-09-2008, 09:37 AM
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Let's hear it for the ladies!! You know, I am not the type of person to care if a man or a woman wins -- it's always been a celebration of the results to me, and I have honestly never really thought about the gender of the winner. But, there was just something about the male arrogance this time around that GOT me! Last night's weigh in must have been very satisfying for Jillian and the girls!

Although Mark seems to have gotten nicer (and more emotional!! I am all good with men who can cry but come ON-- that must be what PMS is like in Male form). Roger still seems to come off as a little condescending to me.

My logic might be flawed here, but with Kelly and Roger still having more weight to lose and with Ali and Mark already being so tiny -- doesn't it seem like Kelly and Roger would have a better shot at winning the whole thing? I mean, how much smaller can the other two get? Kelly and Roger basically know what they have to beat.

So -- who are you all voting for as the third finalist???

c&d
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I voted for Roger. Mark just really annoyed me, however not nearly as much as Kelly. I can't believe she made it to the end.

I'm thinking Ali may just take the whole thing. She is one determined young lady.

conorsmom2000
04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
But, there was just something about the male arrogance this time around that GOT me! Last night's weigh in must have been very satisfying for Jillian and the girls!

I totally agree with that!!! I normally don't care either way, but this season bugged me with the way the guys acted - I was practically cheering last night when Ali and Kelly pulled those huge numbers. Kelly, most of all, really surprised me. The looks on Roger's and Mark's faces were priceless! :D And, while I think it's kind of cool that we get to vote, I feel bad for Ali and Kelly too - they earned the right to vote one of the guys off and now they don't get the chance to do that.

In the end, though, I did vote for Mark - I think out of the two guys left, with Mark in the finale, it will at least give one of the girls a real fighting chance to win. Roger still has more weight he could drop - honestly, I can't see either Ali or Mark having much more to lose at all! It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out! :thumbsup:

Jenemmy
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I feel bad for Ali and Kelly too - they earned the right to vote one of the guys off and now they don't get the chance to do that.

Reading that line of yours reminded me (for some reason) that Kelly flat out said that the girls would vote Roger out. I think I will vote the way they wanted it to go!

Jasper
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
You know, I hadn't seen this show since about week 9 so I was really surprised when I caught up with it last night and saw who was still in and who was already out. I also wondered as some of you have about how much weight a couple of them can really take off or should take off yet. There is such a thing as getting too skinny to the point where it becomes unhealthy. Unfortunately I fell asleep just after they made the run up the mountain with the flags so I didn't see where they were all at by the time of the final weigh-in last night.

So when is the finale?

Bethis26fan
04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I voted mark to, hoping one of the girls can win it. The guys just go to me this year I really don't want them to win. Can't wait till next tuesday to see the live show.

IloveDisney71
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I voted mark to, hoping one of the girls can win it. The guys just go to me this year I really don't want them to win. Can't wait till next tuesday to see the live show.

:ditto: This is the first year I've ever watched this but the guys attitudes really bothered me too. I also voted for Mark and I'm hoping one of the girls will win. :)

LibertyTreeGal
04-16-2008, 07:51 AM
I voted for Mark too but I am glad that Roger won because it made the voctory way sweeter. YEAH ALI!!!

YEAH BERNIE!!!!!! I was so thrilled for him.

Jackie and Mallory looked incredible, they both were so beautiful. I was relieved because I hated when Curtis and Mallory were eliminated. Curtis looked amazing too.

ChipnDaleGal
04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
I didn't really like Ali, but she deserved to win. She looked amazing and I was happy to see a woman finally win. But my happiest moment was watching Bernie win $100,000. I have to admit that I found it very satisfying to see him get it over Mark by one pound.

JanetMegan
04-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Anyone other than me a little skeptical about Paul being "sick"? I know he was ill right after he went home but I wonder if he just didn't keep the weight off and that's why he didn't come back. I'm proud for Kelly I think most of all, doing so well when she had such a tool as a partner!

ChipnDaleGal
04-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Anyone other than me a little skeptical about Paul being "sick"? I know he was ill right after he went home but I wonder if he just didn't keep the weight off and that's why he didn't come back. I'm proud for Kelly I think most of all, doing so well when she had such a tool as a partner!

I couldn't help but wonder the same thing about Paul. Of all the contestants he seemed the least likely to be able to stick with it at home.

LibertyTreeGal
04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I didn't really like Ali, but she deserved to win. She looked amazing and I was happy to see a woman finally win. But my happiest moment was watching Bernie win $100,000. I have to admit that I found it very satisfying to see him get it over Mark by one pound.

Especially since Mark just barely beat him out to get back on the show after being eliminated!!! I love Bernie :)

One BIG complaint -- they went so long that we didn't get to see anything after Ali won, no time with Jillian, no nothing, not cool.

Bethis26fan
04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I also wondered about paul. I'm glad one of the girls won, they all looked great though. I would have love to hear Jillian's comments on her two people winning both the biggest loser and biggest at home loser.

c&d
04-16-2008, 11:34 AM
I love the fact the Bernie won. I was disappointed when he left. I only wish he had been wearing his bandana.

Ali looked amazing, I hope she can keep it up. I just knew Ali would win, she was really determined.

LibertyTreeGal
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Here are some after pics of Bernie with the bandana...

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/photos/index.shtml#cat=644&sec=1852

And here is a video of Jillian talking about Ali winning....

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/video/#mea=240722

AdventurerKim
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I was so glad to see Bernie and especially Ali win. I would have been happy if Curtis had won the $100,000, but at least now he can get his health insurance (hopefully). I thought everyone looked great except the father/daughter team.

Paul's absence was definitely questionable. I doubt he kept the weight off, but I think he had more health issues than the show let on. Plus, look at how he ate when he went home that one time. I wondered why he was there other than to be with Kelly.

dolphindan1
04-17-2008, 07:10 AM
I wanted brittany to win it all but after she left I like Alli....I love a competitive woman....I think Allie needs to quit now she is too skinny. Almost getting sickly looking

dolphindan1
04-17-2008, 07:19 AM

About Paul. He has been very sick. One day after being released from a week in the hospital with pneumonia, he had his appendix removed and 6-9 inches of his colon and a colostomy. 8 days later he had another surgery to remove a blood clot and unkink his intestines. So one month later the colostomy goes bad and he is again in surgery #3 to return his colon back to normal. While in the hospital, an infection has taken over his body and has had surgery #4 and #5 to help pump out the infection. Needless to say, he has been in the hospital for 3 weeks this time. He is on his way to recovery and may come home this week.

bleukarma
04-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Yay! We finally have a female biggest loser! I knew Ali would win, she was just so determined to do it. I was super surprised about Bernie, but I was happy for him! He deserves it!! And it was only 1 pound! That had to hurt Mark!

DMApixie
04-18-2008, 03:32 PM
It was truly the season of "one pound" all the way to the final show - go Bernie!!:party: I'm also soooo glad to see Ali win...pink is the new black this year...;)