PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions?

Not2Loud
01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Besides the obvious lose weight, anybody have some interesting resolutions for 2008?

I of course need to drop some weight. This is so I can get around WDW more efficiently.

Second, I want to get our family completely debt free (this means paying off the house as well). I know it sounds like a big goal, but we have been working at it and it looks like it may be possible this year.

I am self-employed, so DW has said if we get it all paid off this year, we can stay at WDW for a month in 2009. I am thinking we would have to borrow a friends RV and stay at FW for that though!!!

princessjojo
01-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Basically, I want to do what I can to make myself a better person:

I want to choose my words more selectively from now on.
Do what I can to help others more.
Be a better parent to my boys.
Without cutting it out all together, learn to live with less self-indulgence (I still need some me time and as well as continued retail therapy).
Learn to control my temper and be more tolerant, especially during times of stress.To some, these may be rather quirky or lame, but to me these are actually attainable and not over-reaching for me.

Momof2boys
01-02-2008, 10:28 AM
My goal is to work on my temper and try not to be so :rant:

RenDuran
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm working on the house! It's in serious need of updating, so I went to Lowe's yesterday and got a huge stack of paint chips!

I turn 40 this year, so I'm also in need of an overhaul! I have 8 months to get myself into reasonable shape. Note: reasonable shape! I know that after years of bodily neglect I won't be looking like a beauty queen!

diz_girl
01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Princessjojo - you have admirable resolutions :notworth:

Mine are -
1 - Lose the baby weight - I had my son in July.
2 - Get pregnant again - hopefully after I lose the weight.
3 - Save enough money to replenish my savings for another maternity leave.
4 - Tidy and organize my house - hopefully before I get pregnant again - my son goes to sleep at 7pm, so I have plenty of time to do it.
5 - Lessen my environmental footprint. I already drive a car that really does get an average of 42 mpg (a Diesel Jetta), so I'll try to use less energy, switch my electricity to renewable sources, use less water, use environmentally friendly products and reduce my household waste.

pink
01-02-2008, 07:35 PM
My new years resolutions are...

1) To be more optimistic and have more of a positive outlook on bad situations.

2) I tend to cut people off when I'm debating something with them and I don't want to do that anymore.

Happy belated New Year everybody! :mickey:

Cinderelley
01-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Get on my elliptical trainer 3x a week.