PDA

View Full Version : disney gift card

mickeytravel
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
does anyone know if you can use disney gift cards for dining.

tinkerbell04
01-01-2008, 05:21 PM
We used gift cards to pay for dining in Disney. We had the shop, play and dine cards that youcan buy at the Disney Store and on property. You can't use a general Disney Store card though. But, I am not even sure if they still sell them at all.:mickey:

dmallan
01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
You can now buy a Disney Gift Card which is good at any Disney Store, or at the parks, restaurants and resorts on Disney property.

I bought mine through our parish school's scrip program, since the school makes a couple dollars from each gift card purchase.

You can probably also buy them at the Disney Store.

Fangorn
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Using a Disney Gift card for food has become standard procedure for us, assuming we're not on the dining plan. I just pick one up at the local Disney Store before we go, load it with what I think will be an appropriate dollar value for the trip and we use it everywhere on property. We're much more likely to eat better and more healthy using the card. Without it, we tend to try to save money and end up eating lots of hamburgers and chicken fingers.

The convenience is great!

Steve

mickeytravel
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
thanks, i think that is what we'll do too.

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Using a Disney Gift card for food has become standard procedure for us, assuming we're not on the dining plan. I just pick one up at the local Disney Store before we go, load it with what I think will be an appropriate dollar value for the trip and we use it everywhere on property. We're much more likely to eat better and more healthy using the card. Without it, we tend to try to save money and end up eating lots of hamburgers and chicken fingers

I would love to do this, How much would you tend to budget for something like this? Last time we went we had DDP so I am trying to come up with a budget for dining and I think this will help keep us on track. Any suggestions I have 2 adults 2 kids (3)(11). Thanks for the help!:confused: