PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in November ?

ramftbl
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Hello All !! Just wondering if anyone has details
about how crowded WDW is during the first week in November ? We'll be there Nov. 3-11 2008. Also, any details about temperature and "clothing to pack" advice. Thanks, you guys are the best !!!!

Tick-Tock
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
That second weekend is generally a bit crowded - it's Veterans Day weekend, usually the last weekend of the Food & Wine Festival, and usually Super Soap weekend. Also, it seems that it usually coincides with "Jersey week," when New Jersey schools are out.

Zippy 1
01-01-2008, 05:33 PM
We were there November 7-16 this year. The crowds for the most part were manageable. The weekend was crazy in MGM with ABC Super Soap Weekend. It did not really affect rides just lots of crazy people. EPCOT was busy the first half of our trip with the end of the Food and Wine Festival. EPCOT seemed to be the place we had to wait the longest for rides.
In MK we walked on the rides almost the whole time. It was the same in AK. We walked on EE and the Safari. The weather was up and down. We had days were it was in the high 70's low 80's and nights in the 60's. We also had nights in the 40's. The day we left it was only 50. So you really need to be ready for just about anything. We did manage to get a full day in at Blizzard Beach with it being very comfortable and not crowded at all.:mickey:

PAMOUSELOVER
01-01-2008, 07:01 PM
My friend was down there last month during thsi time,and she froze at night. Make sure to pack some warm clothes for the night time.
She said it was beautiful 80's during the day and then would drop like crazy to the 40's at night.
My Mom lived down in orlando for four years, I use to laugh when she told me it ws cold there.
Guess she was not kidding.

KAT1811
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm so glad you asked this question. We are planning a trip in November from the 6th - 16th and I have been wondering the same things. We typically travel to WDW in September and it is very quiet but I am worried that it is going to be very busy during and cold our Novemebr trip. DH and I own our own business and September didn't work very well for us business wise on this last trip so we are forced to find another time to travel. I guess I'll just allow for some super flexibility in case there are large crowds. We do plan on maintaining a very slow touring pace this time. Maybe we'll see you there!!

kriskay
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I was at WDW November 2nd-November 6th last year. We were able to catch MNSSHP on November 2nd so we enjoyed MK with VERY light crowds and short lines. The next day at MK was busier but still manageable. We must have hit AK on a bad day...we were PACKED into that park!! Still had an enjoyable time though! Epcot wasn't too bad..even though it was during the Food & Wine Festival.

In my opinion late October/early November prime times for Disney!! If you can catch Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, DO IT! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! It is a hard ticket event, but you can get in from 4-midnight. So basically a full day at MK and only paying 33-45 bucks!

Will be going again in March and October of this year!

vamaggie
01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
WE were there this past Nov 1-6 and thought the crowds were very tolerable. We did not wait for anything really in MK (maybe 5-10 mins at most) nor in AK (DS and DH went right onto EE and could go right back on when they exited) although we did FP the safari (so we could eat lunch--don't mess with little ones' feeding schedule! LOL) Wore shorts and tees every day, light sweater/sweatshirt at night. Love to go that time of year--even with F&W, and Jersey week it was not crowded in MHO.