PDA

View Full Version : DisneyorBust/DisneyorNothin's December in Disney Final thoughts

DisneyorBust
01-01-2008, 04:18 PM
DisneyorBust and DisneyorNothin: Final thoughts
On the positive side:
Friendly CM’s! These folks are great, they really don’t get enough praise for how well they perform their work.
The weather overall was beautiful! Warm, sunny and no rain at all. A few of the evenings were quite cool though, appropriate for this time of year.
If you are a WDW resort guest and you need to change or make an ADR, go to the Concierge desk. They were able to change two of our ADR’s without a problem and we were able to make other ADR’s at the restaurants that we wanted to go to and we were even able to get great dining times.
We saw a number of Pop Warner groups, most were great! So those of you that are hesitant to go during this timeframe, don’t be!
Most of the folks pushing wheelchairs and strollers are great drivers! (We learned how difficult it is to navigate with the crowds when our daughter need a wheelchair this trip).
MVMCP was great as expected; we really enjoyed the festivities, the music and the decorations. Everyone was in the ‘spirit of the season’ it is a fantastic time to be in the Magic Kingdom. The chill in the air only added to the excitement.
Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing lights are a sight to behold! The lights and music synchronized together was a special show to enjoy.
We were upgraded to a waterview room, with an angled view of Cinderella Castle from our balcony.
The negative side:
We found all four parks to be crowded, at least in comparison to our trips in October of last year and December of 2005.
Only a couple of the Pop Warner cheerleader groups felt the need to cheer in lines or start some sort of clapping cheers while riding POTC. Not that big of a negative.
MVMCP parade, in our opinion is not nearly as good as the previous party parade. The changes did not improve this parade at all.
A lot of pushy guests this trip. Also a definite lack of courtesy was observed and usually it was that ‘me first ‘attitude.
When will people learn to move to the side when they stop to look at a park map? I saw many collisions during this trip when folks just stopped suddenly and the crowd walked into them. This may be a factor in some complaints of folks being struck by wheelchairs and strollers.

As we want to end this report on a positive note, we would like to thank you folks here on Intercot for the great tips, information and experiences that you share. This is a great place to be!
Again thanks to all of the CM’s that work so hard to make every trip magical, without them WDW would just be another theme park.

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the report :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I really enjoyed reading your trip reports. I'm sad they have come to an end. You had a great trip overall and I'm glad you shared it with us! Thanks!

pdrlkr
01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
01-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Sounds like overall your family had a great time. You seemed to really get around quickly from one park to another even during the busy times.
I guess it does pay to be a seasoned visitor to Disney, which is something I strive for.;)

I hope your DD's knee is feeling much better now. :)

Thanks for the great trip reports.:thumbsup:

:newyear:

kakn7294
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. And I have to agree with most of your points in both the positive and negative thoughts - we feel pretty much the same way.

tinkerbell04
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I have really enjoyed reading your reports, thanks for sharing them! I love to read trip reports because it lets me pretend for a little bit that I am there! :mickey:

DizNee143
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
glad to here there were more positive things than negative things!! sounds like a great trip you guys had!! thanx for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

KylesMom
01-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Thank you for sharing your wonderful family memories with us - it was great to be along for the ride! I hope, too, that DD's knee is doing well.

A lot of pushy guests this trip. Also a definite lack of courtesy was observed and usually it was that ‘me first ‘attitude.
I've said it more and more recently, but it really is a shame that the happiest place on earth is turning into the nastiest for some. Keep ahold of those good memories, and dump the rest.

Thanks again for taking us along! :mickey:

faline
01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for your recap!

A couple of other things for folks to keep in mind though I'm sure we're all guilty of this at one time or another. Especially when we're distracted by other things!
When you need, to stop, try to move off to the side of the walkway, street, whatever.
Don't stop to wait for the rest of your part in the middle of a shop or restaurant doorway or in the ride entranceway.
Don't block the fastpass entrance while waiting for your fast pass time to begin.

irish1967
01-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the reports! I enjoyed all of them.

RedheadWriter
01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
01-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for all of your trip reports, they were great! I agree that people need to move over if they are unsure of where or how to proceed. We, like you guys, just remember that we come every year and can afford to take things a little more leisurely and most people don't have the benefit of Intercot and such to help them plan so well in advance.

Glad you had a great time, you made me miss the Poly! Take care :)

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I accidentally on purpose crashed into the back of a group of people with our stroller:thedolls:. I know, I know, so un-disney like, but their constant stopping in front of me got on my nerves, so I just so happened to not be paying attention when they stopped again. They appologized and moved over. I appologized for hitting them, but I think they realized the error of their ways.

Thanks for your wonderful reports. :mickey: