PDA

View Full Version : Weather in February

boucingingtigger
01-01-2008, 03:49 PM
We have a quick trip planned for the 8-12th of Feb 2008. My DD would like to try to squeeze in a day to Typhoon Lagoon. Is it ever warm enough in February to do that.? I know the weather can be extremely variable then. It's the week before Presidents Day weekend. How are the crowds?

faline
01-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

You're right - the weather is very variable in February. I've seen some really warm weather - certainly warm enough for water parks and - some really cold weather - too cold to get me into a pool! You might hit weather warm enough for a water park. Bring your swim suit just in case.

Crowds should be great at the beginning of the week but will steadily increase as you get closer to the holiday weekend. It'll be pretty quiet by the end of the week.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2008, 04:21 PM
:secret: My mom went in February once and said it was unbelievably warm...they wore shorts...however, I would caution you to check the extended forecast before planning.

faline
01-01-2008, 04:28 PM
:secret: My mom went in February once and said it was unbelievably warm...they wore shorts...however, I would caution you to check the extended forecast before planning.

And it can be unbelievably warm in Februrary! But..it can also be quite cold!

DisneyAndRedSox
01-01-2008, 04:36 PM
We always go in mid-January. You literally have to pack for 2 vacations, one warm weather and one for cold. We always get in at least 1-2 days at the pool in January so I say pack a swimsuit!

Just be prepared to add layers at night even it is warm out during the day.

Willful
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM
And it can be unbelievably warm in Februrary! But..it can also be quite cold!
Exactly! When we went last February (which was 14th - 20th and it was SO COLD most of the vacation. We got a warm day on the 14th and 15th, I believe...then again on the 20th. We had friends there the week before our vacation and they had 70s!

DisneyAndRedSox is right that you need to pack for 2 vacations. We didn't in February and had to purchase sweaters, gloves and hats. We were there in January and had such nice weather we stupidly left most of the cold weather clothes at home. Never again, will I make that mistake. :blush:

But I'd definitely bring your swim wear. Because hopefully you'll get lucky with the weather!!

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Here's hoping for good weather, we will be there at the same time. :D

Willful
01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Well, if it's bad weather, then I guess you'll hafta go back when it's good weather!
:thumbsup:
:mickey:

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Well, if it's bad weather, then I guess you'll hafta go back when it's good weather!
:thumbsup:
:mickey:

I like the way you think!:number1:

Willful
01-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Cassi, I use ANY excuse to go back!!! :magic: