DisneyorBust
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Still us!
DisneyorNothin (DW) main author
DisneyorBust (DH)
dd#1
DD#2
Day 4 - Tuesday

Today is our Very Merry Christmas Party Day!!

We wanted to make it in time for opening today so we were up and moving. Breakfast in the room once again. Once that was completed we headed to the monorail. Oh my!! It’s crowded. The platform has never been this crowded for us!! Wow. We arrived about 15 mins prior to opening. We are able to get all the way up front for the opening ceremony. People are lined up at the gates on the right and left but no-one is in the middle. The Mayor greets us and before you know it the train arrives and the park is open. It’s so good to be back. Walking on Main Street gives a person such a sense of peace. This moment is one of my favorites of our vacations.

Of course we head to Pirates. Pirates is always our first ride but when we arrive the CMs are telling us that Beckett and his men had a party and the boats “done run aground”. It’s going to take time to straighten out all the damage they made last night. There’s no time frame given for when it’ll be up and running. We are totally bummed but it’s early, let’s think positive! So we head to Splash and Thunder. We check out Splash as we are walking, the boats are empty and the water spout it active today. We’ve noticed on a few of our trips that Splash seems to take longer to get started than the other rides. So we head to Big Thunder. It says 10 min wait but it’s really a walk on. After enjoying th “Wildest ride in the wilderness” we decide to hit Haunted Mansion. This too is a walk on. And boy, are the updates great!! They did a wonderful job on this ride. It truly is a gem. After getting our ghost passenger we head back to Pirates but they are still telling people the same story.

We decided to head thru Fantasy Land to see what the crowds were like. Small World was 5 min wait but we just weren’t in the mood for it yet. Peter Pan was already 30 min. Why is this ride always such a long wait?!! I can’t understand that. We decided on Mickey’s Philharmagic then traveled to Small World and then onto Pooh. The teacups line wasn’t too long so DDs and DH jumped in line. I was designated picture taker (I’m the motion sickness one). They were the fastest teacup on the ride. The girls actually got off and weren’t able to walk straight. Both agreed that this was the fastest they ever have gone.

By this time we were getting hungry. So we headed to Pecos Bills and enjoyed burgers and all the fixings. After the tummies were full, we thought Pirates – let’s try again and sure enough it was open. It must not have been open though because the line was out the door. We decided that since it was party night, we’d wait til later in the day once the crowd evened out a bit.

Off to Tomorrow Land. We fastpassed Buzz and got in line for the Laugh Floor. This is a cute show and we do enjoy it. DD#2 got put up on the screen as a monster. After we filled the can it wasn’t quite time for our fast passes so we hit the TTA and took the zip thru and then road Buzz. By this time DD’s knee was starting to swell and hurt. So DH went and got us a wheel chair while I went and got FP for Space. The crowds were getting a bit heavy but we stayed in Tomorrow Land thinking that people would be lining up for the parade soon. We road Buzz again used and FPs and then hit the TTA again. We headed thru Fantasy Land and hit HM again and stopped for Pirates. The line was about a 10 min wait so we decided to ride.

We decide to hit Jungle Cruise. Let me tell you it was a bit different cruise this time. Our captain was very funny but in addition to the corny funny, there was some adult humor inner twined. The majority of the passengers were adults or teenagers so it really was acceptable. There were two smaller girls in the back of the boat who didn’t know what was going on. I felt sort of bad for them. I think they were a bit scared of the captain as he was a little in people’s faces and loud.

After JC we enjoy the sounds of the Tiki birds and before we knew it, it was time for our Crystal Palace ADR. We arrived about 15 mins early and checked in. No issues or problems. We enjoyed a nice meal and got some time off our feet. The castle unfortunately was lit while we were dining so we didn’t see the ceremony. It was beautiful though. They really did a wonderful job with the lights. It truly looks like icicles. Pictures are good but being there and seeing it is breath taking. This castle makeover was a winner. After taking a few pictures we decided it was time to head back to the rides. We went to the spot where we parked the wheel chair and it wasn’t there. We walked the whole length of the area checking out names and chairs – no chair? We went to the outside desk of Crystal Palace to ask if the chairs maybe were moved to accommodate more or put in a different area – no, they didn’t do that. Someone took our chair. We couldn’t believe it. The 3 chairs that were left were for more adult folks (wider) than DD needed at 16 so we really don’t think someone took the wrong chair but I guess we should give them the benefit of the doubt. The CM took us to first aid where they were able to give us a replacement chair. After this minor issue we headed to get the front of the castle to get our party bracelets. After we were set for the party we headed back to Adventure Land hitting Pirates then to HM and then on into Fantasy Land. PP was only a 10 min wait so we hopped on and fly over London. Since we had parked the wheel chair (yes I was leary of leaving it again) we did SW and basically all the rides in the area except Pooh which was about 30 mins. We did Buzz, TTA and Space Mountain and crossed the park yet again and did POTC, HM and BTMRR again while the first parade was going on. We wanted to see The Night Before Christmas show so we headed to Tomorrowland and were able to walk right into the theater and get seats. This show was very enjoyable. As we were heading out of the theater, we realized that Wishes was just minutes away. We made it as far as the end of the bridge from Tomorrowland to the hub before traffic just came to a stop. Our view wasn’t great as there was a tree to the right but the fireworks were wonderful. Different from the last time we watched them. After Wishes we decided to browse thru the shops and to get a spot for the 2nd parade. The temperature was cooling off. Tonight was supposed to be the coldest night of our trip – high 40’s/low 50’s. DDs and I decided that we needed to use the bathroom. While waiting for the girls, I noticed this other girl who had come in. My girls didn’t pay much attention to her but for some reason, I did. On the way out, I told the girls, about her and said she looks like the one girl from High School Musical – sure enough my girls had to do a walk by as she was talking to another person to see if she really was. And she was!! Here she was narrating the Candle Light Processional the following night at EPCOT.

After our star sighting, we settled down in a spot close to the exit. We enjoyed this spot one other time. There were people exiting like crazy. It’s hard to believe just how many people the park holds. The parade started and we enjoyed it for about ½ the parade. The temperature seemed to have drop 10 degrees while we were sitting here. We stuck it out for a little while longer but both girls and I were just getting too cold. So we bagged the rest of the parade and headed for the monorail.

I regret doing this. DH really wanted to see the toy soldiers in the parade and we didn’t. I feel bad about this. I should have just sucked it up and bought a blanket for us girls. Sorry dear!!

We were all a little tired and cold by the time we hit the monorail as were others. We had a minor altercation with some folks which got me upset. (I’m going off here a bit – yesterday I had read Johnny Y’s short trip report. He mentioned how he is noticing that people aren’t as nice to each other, or considerate of each other, CM included. This is really true. We noticed it more this trip also. Granted, we are entering into the “veteran” stage being that we’ve gone 7 times and know how the system sort of works and your average Joe does not. Still we go to WDW with the attitude that everyone is there for the same purpose, family, quality time, vacation, relaxation – can’t we all work together to accomplish this goal? – Ok I’m done).

Before you know it, we’re at the Poly and we exit the monorail and head to our Long House. It was a great day.

Tomorrow – AK during the day and MGM in the evening.

Beach Club Babe
01-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry you had to miss the end of the parade, and that you encountered a problem with rude people, but all in all you had a fantastic day!

Hair_Razor
01-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your altercation, I don't know what people think anymore. It's a shame that people can't just be considerate even in Disney.:humph:

BronxTigger
01-01-2008, 07:09 PM
So what girl from HSM did you see?

Sounds like it was a good day even with some minor issues and missing the parade.

pdrlkr
01-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

AbeeNormal
01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Another great day with a little slip in the end but hey you're at Disney.:mickey:

I hate being cold too :freeze: but I feel your guilt for hubby, there's always next time though so no worries. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I can't believe that someone would take your W/C! I agree that people are getting ruder - it's such a shame that we can't all just go, relax, and enjoy our vacations anymore! Tell Eric that Kathy is sorry he didn't get to see the soldiers!

faline
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
There were a few bumps this day but it was a mostly good day!

DizNee143
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
i cant believe someone took your wheelchair!!
besides that sounds like for the most part it was another good day!! :mickey:

KylesMom
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Not without bumps, but it still sounds like a fabulous day. Sad that someone took your wheelchair - that is just inexcuseable.

As we're used to going in June or July, it's hard to imagine the MK in a chilly state like that!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

princessgirls
01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Rude people can bring you down, that is for sure.

In August we encountered our share of Rudeness, but as my husband pointed out, that all the people there were from NY and NJ, so it was the same as being home for us, kind of like going to Yankee Stadium.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful day.

Julie:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I am guessing that the holidays made some people grumpy....looking forward to reading the rest of your reports!

dolphinmickey9170
01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Someone probably thought your parked w/c was a leave behind dump. Not that I am encouraging their behavior, but there is no excuse really, but I'm trying to look at the bright side.:blush:

Tell your hubby, we didn't see any of the parade. The crowds were so thick that I couldn't even see over the peoples heads. So we kept on moving. I did get to see some of our friends pix, but it just isn't the same.

Thanks for sharing.:mickey: